Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don’t want the job

I dont doubt cali prefers to use Mexicans for migrant labor. That's cool and there is a program that all of we them to come and pick LEGALLY and go back when season is over.
It's the illegal part that is the problem.

Werbung:
I dont doubt cali prefers to use Mexicans for migrant labor. That's cool and there is a program that all of we them to come and pick LEGALLY and go back when season is over.
It's the illegal part that is the problem.
They may have to start doing that as the illegal labor supply is beginning to dry up. I wonder just how difficult it is to import legal labor? Must not be easy, or they would have done that before.

They may have to start doing that as the illegal labor supply is beginning to dry up. I wonder just how difficult it is to import legal labor? Must not be easy, or they would have done that before.
Oh it's easy enough and even cali already uses this program. But it's not AS cheap as illegals and the Mexicans want to be able to stay for the welfare.
It really boils down to whether we are a nation with rule or not.

Oh it's easy enough and even cali already uses this program. But it's not AS cheap as illegals and the Mexicans want to be able to stay for the welfare.
It really boils down to whether we are a nation with rule or not.
Illegals can't get welfare.
What about the ones brought temporarily legally? What's to keep them from staying past their departure date?

Illegals can't get welfare.
What about the ones brought temporarily legally? What's to keep them from staying past their departure date?
The American company who sponsors them are obligated to document their exit.
Welfare comes in many forms.

No wonder they prefer people who have the moxie to cross an international border illegally,
no they prefer not paying the overhead. And the criminals like their odds of avoiding ICE better than that slternative.
It all boils down to whether we are a nation of laws or not.

no they prefer not paying the overhead. And the criminals like their odds of avoiding ICE better than that slternative.
It all boils down to whether we are a nation of laws or not.
It must be easier to make sure the government doesn't actually address the issue of illegal immigration also.
Congress originally floated the idea of a "wall" as a ploy to make voters think they wanted to control illegal immigration, when actually, they don't. The big donors still like the cheap labor.

I do have to give Trump some credit for at least attempting to address this issue, even if what he wants to do will be ineffective.

It must be easier to make sure the government doesn't actually address the issue of illegal immigration also.
Congress originally floated the idea of a "wall" as a ploy to make voters think they wanted to control illegal immigration, when actually, they don't. The big donors still like the cheap labor.

I do have to give Trump some credit for at least attempting to address this issue, even if what he wants to do will be ineffective.
It's already effective as you note in absence of illegal labor. The wall is far less effective than enforcing employment related law. The wall would help limit the drugs which would be good. I'd like to see it become unacceptable to consider hiring illegals. Far cheaper to enforceand you eliminate deportation as they will go on their own dime.

It's already effective as you note in absence of illegal labor. The wall is far less effective than enforcing employment related law. The wall would help limit the drugs which would be good. I'd like to see it become unacceptable to consider hiring illegals. Far cheaper to enforceand you eliminate deportation as they will go on their own dime.
Enforce the law against hiring illegals, and the flow of illegal immigration will slow to a trickle.

Werbung:
Probably so. Seems like that would be a lot cheaper and more effective than building a wall.
Yup.
Wall blocks the way out really.
But CEOs won't want to go to prison so they will be quite active blocking the solving of illegal immigration.
That's the main reason for the wall, pork belly spending.
But people want it fixed as it hurts them. And I'm glad trump is willing to side with the people and for rule of law.

Back