Wanna See How Sick Some Of Them Are?

Greco

Tonight following the president's news conference, I logged onto one of the political message board sites I read. One of the regular posters created a thread titled "Is Anyone Else Watching The Chimpanzee?" His post was crude, which is normal for him, but tonight he crossed a line and started discussing the joys of witnessing the murder of Barack Obama.

I did a quick Google search, located the phone number for the Dallas field office of the U.S. Secret Service and had a conversation with an agent on duty. He gave me his private e-mail address and asked that I forward a link to the post. He indicated that this would be presented to a U.S. Attorney in the morning to obtain a court order for the website to provide the full information about the individual.

Here's what my e-mail to the Secret Service said...

This is a link to a post made at 7:08pm on the political message board site "America's Political Chatroom". The poster, using the name "lewstherin", made the post under the title "Is Anyone Else Watching The Chimpanzee?"

In addition to a photo of Adolph Hitler, he also stated... "why is it everytime i watch him on a live feed, i just wish to God to watch a slug split his skull open. i mean i relly want this to happen. i'm looking at him off and on while i type this imagining what it would look like. it would be a beautiful thing. i truly look forward to this moment. any true patriot would."

http://liberalforum.org/liberalforum/index.php?showtopic=67694

This is a reference to the president's press conference held Wednesday, July 22.

There are far too many people of questionable mental stability amongst us, for this hate and threatening message to not begin formulation of an actionable plan, if not by the original poster, then by someone else.

Only minutes later I received a reply from the agent. Then I went back to the original post and added this reply...

I just finished a phone call with a field agent of the U.S. Secret Service. The agent provided me with his private e-mail address and asked me to forward a link to this this post. He indicated it will be presented to a U.S. Attorney in the morning. I've already received a response to the e-mail from the Secret Service agent and he said, "Thank you for sending this. I will forward it to the right task force."

Being a sicko and advocating assassination is not a right. It's a cancer that needs to be removed. At the least, I suspect you'll make some new acquaintances in the next few days. You also might find attempting to use commercal airlines will be a bit more challenging for you in the future.

Werbung:
Tonight following the president's news conference, I logged onto one of the political message board sites I read. One of the regular posters created a thread titled "Is Anyone Else Watching The Chimpanzee?" His post was crude, which is normal for him, but tonight he crossed a line and started discussing the joys of witnessing the murder of Barack Obama.

Sure you didn't stumble upon an old post about George W. Bush?

Your compatriots said that about him, not just once, but all of the time.

Odd that you didn't get all righteous and quivery about it, until eight years after the fact(s).

I did a quick Google search, located the phone number for the Dallas field office of the U.S. Secret Service and had a conversation with an agent on duty. He gave me his private e-mail address and asked that I forward a link to the post. He indicated that this would be presented to a U.S. Attorney in the morning to obtain a court order for the website to provide the full information about the individual.

This is a link to a post made at 7:08pm on the political message board site "America's Political Chatroom". The poster, using the name "lewstherin", made the post under the title "Is Anyone Else Watching The Chimpanzee?"

In addition to a photo of Adolph Hitler, he also stated... "why is it everytime i watch him on a live feed, i just wish to God to watch a slug split his skull open. i mean i relly want this to happen. i'm looking at him off and on while i type this imagining what it would look like. it would be a beautiful thing. i truly look forward to this moment. any true patriot would."

This is a reference to the president's press conference held Wednesday, July 22.

There are far too many people of questionable mental stability amongst us, for this hate and threatening message to not begin formulation of an actionable plan, if not by the original poster, then by someone else.

Only minutes later I received a reply from the agent. Then I went back to the original post and added this reply...

I just finished a phone call with a field agent of the U.S. Secret Service. The agent provided me with his private e-mail address and asked me to forward a link to this this post. He indicated it will be presented to a U.S. Attorney in the morning. I've already received a response to the e-mail from the Secret Service agent and he said, "Thank you for sending this. I will forward it to the right task force."

Being a sicko and advocating assassination is not a right. It's a cancer that needs to be removed. At the least, I suspect you'll make some new acquaintances in the next few days. You also might find attempting to use commercal airlines will be a bit more challenging for you in the future.

Good For YOU...it is always best to be proactive rather then reactive!!!
We had a stalker/troll hit another political board shortly after AT&T busted our group up and several of us forwarded on his posts about G.W.B. and his family and the highly gross/disgusting things he was posting. Loads of people just read the smut and then whimper around about the problems and never step up to the plate and do something...good for you for doing the 'SOMETHING' that needed to be done!!! ;)

That's the exact right thing to do Greco!

You get some of these wack jobs snagged up by the United States Secret Service (who do not play around) and let their little crybaby selves have to suck it up in the joint this world will be a much better place.

It's funny you mentioned this because just today I was at a property that just around the corner is a woman's clinic and there was a Clinic Creeper there with the standard issue anti-abortion picture signs leaning up against his old pick up truck and he actually had a cheerleader megaphone he was screaming into at people going into the clinic... but he was parked on the public street and standing on the public sidewalk.

I checked on my property and when I was leaving went by the clinic again and I saw the guy approaching women by leaving the sidewalk and walking up into the parking lot.

I stopped and called the non-emergency number and made a report that there was a lunatic breaking the Federal FACE Act by confronting people on clinic private property. About 5 minutes later a cruiser pulled up, ran the guy for warrants and must of just told him to vacate with a warning this time because he was out of there on the hurry. Next time hopefully straight to jail!

Look at this winner here... meth head, unemployed truck driver. This is the kind of crack pot you may have helped to arrest. Good on ya Greco!

Clearly a hateful person!

But where is the threat? He didn't say he was going to do anything harmful at all.

Do you value your politics more than you value your first amendment rights? Could it be you were just offended and you wanted revenge? It seems to me the action you actually did to a hateful person is far worse than what he "hoped" would happen to the president.

Hey everyone, wanna guess who posted this on this site:

http://play.sockandawe.com/

And in reviewing his mere 200 or so posts I found hundreds of examples of hate filled speech directed at Bush, McCain, Palin, and numerous other people here. They would make an absolutely amazing collage. He was even "moderated" for one of them.

Yet he has the audacity to also post this:

"A few weeks ago I penned an op-ed piece that addressed the transformation underway in our nation from civility to hate and rage. It was my contention then, and now, that this change is being fueled on a daily basis by the Republicans that populate the AM radio band."

Now, since we have already brought up shoes (in the link above) I would say: if the shoe fits wear it.

No you didn't find any examples even remotely close to the post that was report. Never, not once, have I ever suggested violence, mayhem or murder as a solution to anything. But since you made this unfounded and untrue allegation a feeble defense of an individual writing about how "beautiful" it would be to witness an assissination of a president, you've revealed quite a lot about your own sense of morality.

Clearly a hateful person!

But where is the threat? He didn't say he was going to do anything harmful at all.

Do you value your politics more than you value your first amendment rights? Could it be you were just offended and you wanted revenge? It seems to me the action you actually did to a hateful person is far worse than what he "hoped" would happen to the president.

The fact is the United States Secret Service greatly appreciates Greco's patriotic actions.

My good man this is not some game where we don't follow up on people that state they'd like to see our President killed. And furthermore following up on such statements is exactly what the Secret Service does to protect every President of either Party.

I think the more relevant question to you is this.

Do you think it's more important to search out and interview a person who advocates the killing of a President of the United States or wait until their brains are blown out driving down the road or in a hotel kitchen like JFK and RFK and then do a post assassination interview?

Watch this as President Kennedy's brains come popping out of his head and then talk to me about First Amendment rights OK?

No you didn't find any examples even remotely close to the post that was report. Never, not once, have I ever suggested violence, mayhem or murder as a solution to anything. But since you made this unfounded and untrue allegation a feeble defense of an individual writing about how "beautiful" it would be to witness an assissination of a president, you've revealed quite a lot about your own sense of morality.

I understand the desire of the far-right-hard wired-republicans {no not really} too wish to destroy our current elected president and how they crave his every downfall {however that may come about}...but as difficult as this will be to ignore, ignore them. They are left with little else but their self-serving continual crying/wailing/gnashing their teeth in frustration...:rolleyes:

You did the right thing and for that a 'highly volatile, easily tempted lessor thinking sub human may find the mental counseling/medication that he/she seems to be in drastic need of ;)

This sicko called Obama a Chimpanzee?

Here's an entire website dedicated to calling Bush a Chimp:

Welcome to www.bushorchimp.com!
Welcome to the "George W. Bush or Chimpanzee" webpage. This is a little project I decided to start once I realized how much George W. Bush looks like a chimpanzee. I'm not a member of any political party, and I have nothing in particular against the man. I just think he kind of looks like a chimpanzee. -Bill Feldspar

chimp%20bush%20obama%20hilarious%20banned.jpg

----

This sicko posted a picture of Obama as Hitler?

Bush-Hitler anyone?

Bush_Hitler.jpg

HILARIOUS!!!

adolph-obama.jpg

RACIST!!!

---

This sicko daydreamed about an Obama assassination?

Remember the award winning docudrama the Lefties made daydreaming about assassinating Bush?

Death of a President (2006), directed by Gabriel Range, is a British fictional documentary about the assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007, in Chicago. By means of archival film footage, actors, and computer-generated special effects, the assassination is the thematic beginning of serious discussions about civil disobedience, racial profiling, the U.S. Government's reduction of the civil liberties of its populace, news sensationalism as agitational propaganda, and the theory of The Just War.

Death_of_a_president.jpg

Check this out:

That skit would have gotten a much different response had it come out while Obama in the White House.

Here is Keith Overbite in one of his Anti-Bush rants:

Overbite complains about Bush signing the Military Commissions Act:

"We have handed a blank check, drawn against our own freedom, to a man who may now, if he so decides, declare not merely non American citizens 'unlawful enemy combatants' and ship them somewhere, anywhere, but may now, if he so decides, declare you an enemy combatant and ship you somewhere, anywhere."

Obama Administration To Revive Fatally Flawed Military Commissions

Strange, I don't hear Overbite fear-mongering over Obama's decision to use the same act...

---

This sicko will be checked out for his comments about Obama but I somehow doubt the Secret Service was able to check out all the sickos who made similar comments about Bush, there were just too many of them.

GenSeneca Said: This sicko will be checked out for his comments about Obama but I somehow doubt the Secret Service was able to check out all the sickos who made similar comments about Bush, there were just too many of them.

No truer words were ever spoken...WOW...Who knew that it would come from GenSeneca's post :confused:

But seriously any threats against our president should always be taken seriously...Hinkley being the perfect example...many of his close circle of 'friends' just thought he was all 'blowing smoke' and no action ;)

You are right I have revealed a bit about myself.

I view both actions as wrong but both not as threats.

The fact is the United States Secret Service greatly appreciates Greco's patriotic actions.

Good mind reading.
My good man this is not some game where we don't follow up on people that state they'd like to see our President killed. And furthermore following up on such statements is exactly what the Secret Service does to protect every President of either Party.

Actually you are wrong. People who think something or even state how they feel, or state what they dream of witnessing are not guilty of any crime. Which is of course why the entire left of this country was not arrested.

Here is the law:

"What Constitutes a "Threat?"

According to this law -- 18 USC Sec. 871 -- which reads, in part:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

Witnessing (or wanting to witness) an event is not at all the same as committing an event. If it were then all sorts of people would have been guilty when Kennedy was shot. And when Lincoln was shot probably 30% of the country was glad.
I think the more relevant question to you is this.

Do you think it's more important to search out and interview a person who advocates the killing of a President of the United States or wait until their brains are blown out driving down the road or in a hotel kitchen like JFK and RFK and then do a post assassination interview?[/COLOR]

According to the law above threatening the president with harm is included in the same law as threatening the president with death.

That would make Greco and this other hateful person equally guilty of wanting a president to be harmed or killed.

This other guy did not actually threaten the president. When Greco played that video game could one say that he was rehearsing? When he posted it for others to play was he advocating that? Clearly simulated acts of violence against a president fit the law more than wishes to witness those events.

And despite all that neither one actually made any threat at all.

And why was it not a threat?

“In order to punish someone for threatening the life of the president under the First Amendment, the government has to be able to prove a true threat, and there must be intent,” said Neil Richards, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis. “If you crudely say, ‘Oh I could just kill the president,’ that is not a true threat, and therefore, it is protected political speech.”

Werbung:
Good mind reading.

Well one only need have a mind to know the Secret Service does appreciate tips of possible violence and/or of those wishing the President of the United States harm... that's their job.

Actually you are wrong. People who think something or even state how they feel, or state what they dream of witnessing are not guilty of any crime. Which is of course why the entire left of this country was not arrested.

Here is the law:

"What Constitutes a "Threat?"

According to this law -- 18 USC Sec. 871 -- which reads, in part:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

That's not what I said though is it? I never said ths man would be arrested. I said he should be brought in and interviewed (questioned). You don't have to arrest someone to question them. And quite often nutbags that say insane things like this have other legal issues that upon interview and crimminal check might be brought forward at that time as a crime.

In any case this would be one wack job that's being watched and knows it.

Witnessing (or wanting to witness) an event is not at all the same as committing an event. If it were then all sorts of people would have been guilty when Kennedy was shot. And when Lincoln was shot probably 30% of the country was glad.

Again that's clearly not what I said. I never said they could arrest him for just "wanting" something to happen. I said by all means the Secret Service needs tips on people who feel this way and Greco did the right thing by reporting it.

You started for lack of a better word (whining) about 1st Amendment rights and I said look at Kennedy getting his brains blown out and then come talk to me about it being a 1st Amendment violation to interview and keep track of a nutbag that says he wants to see the President killed.

Which it is not. He can say it. He can also be interviewed, check out and tracked.

Back