Want to see how racist that Cambridge cop was, who arrested the professor?

Little-Acorn

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99KBEAO1&show_article=1

Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

Jul 23 03:17 PM US/Eastern
By DENISE LAVOIE

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - The white police sergeant criticized by President Barack Obama for arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his Massachusetts home is a police academy expert on racial profiling.

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class on racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The course, called "Racial Profiling," teaches about different cultures that officers could encounter in their community "and how you don't want to single people out because of their ethnic background or the culture they come from," Fleming said.

(snip)

Fellow officers, black and white, say Crowley is well-liked and respected on the force. Crowley was a campus police officer at Brandeis University in July 1993 when he administered CPR trying to save the life of former Boston Celtics player Reggie Lewis. Lewis, who was black, collapsed and died during an off-season workout.

Werbung:

By DENISE LAVOIE

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - The white police sergeant criticized by President Barack Obama for arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his Massachusetts home is a police academy expert on racial profiling.

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class on racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The course, called "Racial Profiling," teaches about different cultures that officers could encounter in their community "and how you don't want to single people out because of their ethnic background or the culture they come from," Fleming said.

(snip)

Fellow officers, black and white, say Crowley is well-liked and respected on the force. Crowley was a campus police officer at Brandeis University in July 1993 when he administered CPR trying to save the life of former Boston Celtics player Reggie Lewis. Lewis, who was black, collapsed and died during an off-season workout.

Makes my point from the other thread...a good communications team would have had that data in the Presidents hands before he went on stage last night. His team isn't backing him up which forces his personality and personal opinions to show through more.

By DENISE LAVOIE

(snip)

So he's respected...but does that pardon his lack of thought process in this instance...NOT HARDLY!!! :rolleyes:

And yet here is a prime example of a 'COP WITH AN ATTITUDE'...once the identification took place...a simple; 'THANK YOU SIR, I was just here to verify that it wasn't a breaking & entering situation, good day" and turn and walk away...but no, he took it right up there and allowed this issue to escalate out of control!!! BAD FORM, BAD ON HIM, BAD FOR COPS ALL OVER THE USA!!! ;)

So he's respected...but does that pardon his lack of thought process in this instance...NOT HARDLY!!! :rolleyes:

And yet here is a prime example of a 'COP WITH AN ATTITUDE'...once the identification took place...a simple; 'THANK YOU SIR, I was just here to verify that it wasn't a breaking & entering situation, good day" and turn and walk away...but no, he took it right up there and allowed this issue to escalate out of control!!! BAD FORM, BAD ON HIM, BAD FOR COPS ALL OVER THE USA!!! ;)
I'm thinkin'.....we've got two adults, here....one-of-whom needs to step-forward and admit he might have overreacted to the situation....that it's possible he was wrongly-reacting to something that'd happened previously...totally-unrelated to this incident, and he could have reacted in a more-professional-manner.

Does anyone know of (or, experienced) a cop who'd consider that option....without risking his (perceived) sense-of-authority?​

"Richard Weinblatt, director of the Institute for Public Safety at Central Ohio Technical College, said the police sergeant was responsible for defusing the situation once he realized Gates was the lawful occupant. It is not against the law to yell at police, especially in a home, as long as that behavior does not affect an investigation, he said.

"That is part of being a police officer in a democratic society," Weinblatt said. "The point is that the police sergeant needs to be the bigger person, take the higher road, be more professional."
These types of he said/she said-incidents happened quite-frequently...out on the road...until police started video-recording the arrests.

I'm thinkin'....the only way to avoid situations, like this most-recent-one, is to have all police/citizen-interactions recorded; at the very-least, audio-recorded. The technology EXISTS....and, if all-included are serious about avoiding like-incidents, in the future, such technology should be insisted-upon.​

Well, they have all had a phone conference call and they are going to get together for a brewski; President Obama, Professor, and the policeman too...so now can we all just put that behind us and go back to cussing/discussing the economy & health care issue??? :D

President apologizes for; calling officer 'STUPID'...
Professor apologizes for ; for being over reactive...
Officer apologizes for; just having a 'bad day' and reacting to the over reaction...

~~and they all get drunk and are found the next morning heaving their collective suppers into the rose garden shrubbery~~:eek:
Sounds like a perfect ending to a really stupid situation...LOL

This may surprize everyone but no I don't think it was racial profiling.

I think it was clearly a too thin skinned power issue.

It was broken down tonight in detail on our local news by an ex-police chief and a current law enforcement training officer.

As he broke it down it went like this: Officers did the right thing going to the scene and seeing that the person inside was supposed to be there. He also said he's had instances where he has broken in doors to make sure all was right inside and no hostages were being held or that a person wasn't just sent to the door with a gun to their back. So going inside and asking fot ID was also appropriate action.

But here's the rub: He said and I quote, "The problem from my reading the report with arresting Mr. Gates was that the officer had received the information he needed and was leaving, had actually left the home and was outside when after a remark from Mr. Gates he went back in and arrested him. That's wrong. People yell at police officers all the time. If your investigation is over it's over and someone simply yelling something about not liking you doesn't give you cause to go back and arrest them."

So in the end this would best be described as an unnecessary power trip but not a case of racial profiling.

So in the end this would best be described as an unnecessary power trip but not a case of racial profiling.

I heard officer Crowley discussing the incident. He says there are recordings of parts of their conversation (when he had his mic keyed) but they may not be released due to the magnitude of the ordeal.

Crowley said Gates was warned repeatedly that he would be arrested if he continued to cause a public disturbance but Gates ignored him, he even made a comment about Crowley's "Momma" during his tirade.

Also, Gates was outside, standing on his porch, when the Crowley arrested him. I wish I had the audio of his interview, it was really good and detailed. I hope they release the audio from Crowley's microphone, that will clear things up quickly but it will make Gates (Obama's buddy) look like the arrogant, hot headed fool that he was while clearing Crowley (which will make Obama look like the dumbass he is for commenting on the stupidity of officer Crowley).

I think the news media should run the tape and everyone can make their own judgment.

Most people realize what Obama said was racist and foolish.

Had it been a white president saying this about a black officer you'd
see the NBC, MSN, ABC media running stories 24/7 about it, condeming the president.

What we learn here is that Obama is ready to discriminate against the white boy or race.
He is usually to slick to catch him, but these little examples are telling.

His explanation a day later was a joke. He claims he didn't calibrate his words.
It's not about his words, it's about his inner beliefs and how wrong they are.

I heard officer Crowley discussing the incident. He says there are recordings of parts of their conversation (when he had his mic keyed) but they may not be released due to the magnitude of the ordeal.

Crowley said Gates was warned repeatedly that he would be arrested if he continued to cause a public disturbance but Gates ignored him, he even made a comment about Crowley's "Momma" during his tirade.

Also, Gates was outside, standing on his porch, when the Crowley arrested him. I wish I had the audio of his interview, it was really good and detailed. I hope they release the audio from Crowley's microphone, that will clear things up quickly but it will make Gates (Obama's buddy) look like the arrogant, hot headed fool that he was while clearing Crowley (which will make Obama look like the dumbass he is for commenting on the stupidity of officer Crowley).

It's all in the official police report... and to be clear a porch is part of your home but it could have been anywhere on Mr. Gates property and held the exact same standard under the law. I'll explain.

As the former police chief and current Law Enforcement Academy Instructor said after thoroughly reviewing what the officers themselves put in the official written report... the officers had already gotten all asked for & required information from Mr. Gates establishing his legal right to be at that address. Had they felt Mr. Gates was "disorderly to the point of arrest" that was something they could possibly have rightfully done up until their investigation was over.

But once it was established "without arrest for disorderly" that Mr. Gates was not in violation of the law and in his own home the officer leaving had no legal grounds to go back up to the house and arrest Mr. Gates for simply using his Constitutional Rights under the 1st Amendment to speak freely without any threat of violence about how he felt he had been treated.

As I said this was not racial profiling but an officer that didn't arrest someone when he "might" have had some cause but for hubris reason arrested someone that by that point deffinately was breaking no laws. Hence the charges were quickly dropped.

But once it was established "without arrest for disorderly" that Mr. Gates was not in violation of the law and in his own home the officer leaving had no legal grounds to go back up to the house and arrest Mr. Gates for simply using his Constitutional Rights under the 1st Amendment to speak freely without any threat of violence about how he felt he had been treated.

As I said this was not racial profiling but an officer that didn't arrest someone when he "might" have had some cause but for hubris reason arrested someone that by that point deffinately was breaking no laws. Hence the charges were quickly dropped.
The charges were only dropped because Gates has connections, he's part of the elite and isn't subject to the laws that working schleps like myself are expected to follow.

Go ahead and test your 1st amendment right with some cop in your neighborhood and see if you get arrested.... See if the charges get dropped against you... Go on, do it, but have your wife video tape it so we can all see what happens... I'll wait here.

Sounds like one o' those BUSHCO-style national-security-excuses.

:rolleyes:

The charges were only dropped because Gates has connections, he's part of the elite and isn't subject to the laws that working schleps like myself are expected to follow.
In-other-words....here's ANOTHER BLACK-DUDE, DOING BETTER-THAN-YOU!!!

:rolleyes:

Here......have another.......

tissues.jpg

I think the news media should run the tape and everyone can make their own judgment.

Most people realize what Obama said was racist and foolish.

Had it been a white president saying this about a black officer you'd
see the NBC, MSN, ABC media running stories 24/7 about it, condeming the president.

Agreed. But the problem is that there is a good number of people who have already made up their minds, as I heard one caller on a radio program state - "I've heard and seen all I need to to know this was racist cops." Hey! don't bother me with details and facts!

Another problem is that it's NOT most people who realize that about what Obama said. They have listened to the media spin, then they listen to Obama's explanation/apology, and that's good enough for them. Whenever the libs circle wagons and protect their own, it's always a "mistake" was made, or they go into the "poorly said" or "what he meant was" defense. Whichever works for the given situation. This one will be a combination of the mistake and poorly said defense. This also addresses your accurate comments on the double standard from the press.

What we learn here is that Obama is ready to discriminate against the white boy or race.
He is usually to slick to catch him, but these little examples are telling.

His explanation a day later was a joke. He claims he didn't calibrate his words.
It's not about his words, it's about his inner beliefs and how wrong they are.

Right, and I pretty much agree. Obama is incredibly polished, but there is a coarseness seething just below the surface. And I do believe that there is an inherent racism (as in beyond prejudice) and anger, possibly hatred in its' makeup. We will continue to see of these "little examples" as you so aptly put it. As things go against his supreme desires, more and more cracks in the armor will show.

Agreed again, it was actually NO apology. It was more, as I said above, his explanation. "Didn't calibrate words?" That is like, "I wanted to scream racist accusations against that cop, but I knew that wouldn't fly. I am, after all, the President! But I didn't measure my words quite enough, and instead of masking my racist outrage and tendency, it slipped through. Oops!"

Again, I think we will see more and more of this. You don't live your entire adult life listening to the hate speech of Rev. Wright, the fascist dreams of Saul Olinsky and the radicalism of Bill Ayers without having it embedded in your very soul. It is there, it will surface. Surrounding himself with like-minded lackeys will only buffer it for so long.

Whenever the libs circle wagons and protect their own, it's always a "mistake" was made, or they go into the "poorly said" or "what he meant was" defense. Whichever works for the given situation.
You must be an accountant or a phone company operator... You've got their number! :)

Werbung:
You must be an accountant or a phone company operator... You've got their number! :)

Why thank you! No, I'm a former purchasing manager, former realtor, former pharmacy tech, etc. I happen to drive school bus now (safe public-sector job, thank you) and I've been in the habit most of my adult life of reading, watching and evaluating.

Ah, kindred spirits once again! LOVE it! :cool:

Back