Were the Ferguson Missouri riots staged?

Werbung:
My tour guide in the Phillippines said anti-American protests were staged by certain groups. In other words, they would pay poor people to come out, shout, and wave signs. I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth, but maybe he was right. However, then again, a lot of people around the world hate Americans. Nobody was paying off anyone in the massive South Korean protests.

I'm not familiar with newsmax, but I feel better if pocketfullofshells is right. I'm becoming about 5% more cynical, calloused, and angry every day. If this is true I'm going a lottery than 5%. Maybe closer to 12.5%.

As I said, I am going to agree with pocketfullofshells, because that's the answer I like. I'm curious, though, what they really had to gain if they did do it. That's an awful lot of money to be dishing out just for a little recognition for their cause. If it is true, where do you suppose I can sign up at? I've never made that much in a month in my entire life.

This has been going on for years. MORE is the defunct ACORN activist group. Yes they pay protesters as do the unions.

Union-backed group paid Seattle fast-food wage protesters

Paid To Protest, Some Homeless Almost Make A Living

You get the idea, there are 108 million hits on google for "paid to protest"

This would be the first I'm hearing about this. I won't deny that organizations will consider staging events like this to get more publicity and attention for their cause. In reality, it actually distracts from the cause and leads people to distrust the very cause the organizations are fighting for.

However, this takes away from the central issue. The central issue is what happened at Ferguson, rather than the paid "actors".

However, this takes away from the central issue. The central issue is what happened at Ferguson, rather than the paid "actors".

What happened at Ferguson? Ferguson was a media driven event. I find it sad that a handful of people who get killed by the police make the news, but the millions of crimes that the police prevent never get heard about, or the thousands of innocents that get killed by the criminals that the police try to stop.

What happened at Ferguson? Ferguson was a media driven event. I find it sad that a handful of people who get killed by the police make the news, but the millions of crimes that the police prevent never get heard about, or the thousands of innocents that get killed by the criminals that the police try to stop.
I will agree with you there. The media took an unfortunate event and sensationalized it and then moved on the next story. We won't hear of the thousands of other cases of people killed unjustly by the police. Unfortunately, the media (and apparently some non-profit groups) don't have time for them.

The police are given authority and a lot of privledges and legal leeway to be better than the average citizen or criminal. When they unjustly murder someone, the same people they are supposed to protect, and they don't get in trouble for it at all what kind of a message are they sending out? If they aren't held accountable then why should anyone else?

Well, I don't think they were staged, but I won't say the same thing about instigated. The reason I say this is, why did it take so long to come out with the statement of the verdict. We waited almost four hours after being told that a decision had been made. By that time more of a crowd have gatered around and it was night time in Ferguson Missouri which was only inviting trouble. I couldn't figure it out, also the way the family found out, come on by right they should of been told in private about this. Watching their hysteria, only stirred the crowd up all the more, I just couldn't figure out why they waited so long and handled it the way they did.

Well, I don't think they were staged, but I won't say the same thing about instigated. The reason I say this is, why did it take so long to come out with the statement of the verdict. We waited almost four hours after being told that a decision had been made. By that time more of a crowd have gatered around and it was night time in Ferguson Missouri which was only inviting trouble. I couldn't figure it out, also the way the family found out, come on by right they should of been told in private about this. Watching their hysteria, only stirred the crowd up all the more, I just couldn't figure out why they waited so long and handled it the way they did.
I'm not saying this is what's going on... I'm just stating that there are a lot of times where it SEEMS like this is what's going on...
Different talk shows and reality shows will lead people so that the secrets come out at just the right time, or they draw out announcing who gets the last rose to build the drama and suspense. Our government is as staged as Jerry Springer. Lol

pocketfullofshells: I understand you don't like Newsmax. I don't like CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC.
There were links in this article to actual quotes from the unpaid protesters along with their demands for payment.
I opened this link and everything looked genuine to me.
If you believe the protesters were not expecting to get paid, why don't you provide us with a link disputing this with facts?

Werbung:
pocketfullofshells: I understand you don't like Newsmax. I don't like CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC.
There were links in this article to actual quotes from the unpaid protesters along with their demands for payment.
I opened this link and everything looked genuine to me.
If you believe the protesters were not expecting to get paid, why don't you provide us with a link disputing this with facts?
Who paid those people to say they where to be paid to protest?
Im sorry but you have to be a idiot to watch those protests and think they are all their to get a paycheck. Its just Stupid. Link me a artical that proves they where not paid to say they where to get paid...thats the same logic you just asked for.

Back