What do libs do on July 4th?

Oh... I didn't realize you were cool with Congressmen having sex with 16yo boys.

OK, come on now Gen, I don't honestly believe that anybody here thinks that having sex with 16 year old boys is "cool" (unless there are some 16 year old girls posting), and I've certainly seen no indication that PFOS does. Now Popeye on the other hand, I'm not so sure about (he's so virulently anti-gay that I think it's a cover up), but I really don't believe that PFOS has said anything that would lead you to that assumption.

Is it possible that you inadvertently misread what he wrote?:cool:

Werbung:
Really, I would have thought being a disingenuous, hypocritical, lying POS would be the issue.

that is yes, but I was pointing out that the other 2 things he said where Breaking the law..So yes better stated being a "disingenuous, hypocritical, lying POS" would be the real issue.

There are open gay Republicans and I have no issue with them.

I recall when I use to believe in the Republican Ideals, that what you did in private was not the government's business....when the Christian right gained power that changed more and more...and is one reason for my disenchantment with the party.

OK. Do you not see the difference between being "anti-gay" and being against special dispensations because someone is gay? At least to me there's a HUGE difference between being against someone, and against someone getting preferential treatment. I have absolutely noting against blacks, gays, or women, but I do strongly oppose Affirmative Action and any other program that gives special dispensations to someone simply because they're black, or gay, or a woman, or any other reason.

I think that you believe that they are equals as it is, and I don't agree with that, hence our Disagreement. I don't wish to have more rights by any means, though at times I can see where added protection is requested for groups who are persecuted alot, such as the call for Hate Crimes laws. I have spoken out against hate Crime laws for some time, I wrote a paper on it back even before I was doing Pol Sci work , and was Finishing my marketing Degree. I will post it as a blog, but I am missing the 1st page, though I found it, I don't have time to type it up as of this time, but I may soon.
As for Affirmative Action, I see times where it may be needed, if a Industry has a history of racism or something like that, and that there was a time for it to make up for years and years of racist Policy ( Blacks where not really equals by any means untill only just recently, and there is hundreds of years of racism that cant be made up for in in 30-40 years. Though Obama is proof its closer now then ever..) But in today's Climate I see it as something that may even hold others back, as people like LIb seem to see anyone of color or anything who gets anything as its based on there color, not that they do a good job. Its used to take away from the things a black man or woman may have done on there own, and just tossed out as given to them...even if they have no proof that it was. At the Same time I am not worried as I have never lost a job, or not been hired due to being white...because I am good at what I do.

actuly I will just like that paper here

http://www.geocities.com/alt_politics/HateCrimes

I can see where added protection is requested for groups who are persecuted alot

Like Christians, Conservatives, and White Males?

They are by far the MOST publicly persecuted groups in America. Its "cool" to make fun of them, TV, Radio etc. etc... People treat them like second class citizens and attack them for being the majority, all based on stereotypes and envy.

Lets push for legislation that protects White, Christian, Conservative Males from harassment... Oh wait... Comedians would have no material. :)

I think that you believe that they are equals as it is, and I don't agree with that, hence our Disagreement. <snip for brevity>

We agree more than we disagree. My point is that we are ALL equal, and it's up to us to ensure that we take advantage of the freedoms we have. If an employer doesn't want to hire someone because they're "X,Y, or Z", then do you really want to work for them in the first place? You can't change a bigots mind by forcing something on him, what you CAN do however is make it known that he's a bigot, and suggest in the strongest terms possible that people not do business with them.

As for Affirmative Action, like the Unions, it may have been necessary at one time, but also like the Unions, it quickly morphed into something that in no way resembles what it was originally supposed to be about, and became another form of welfare. Giving anyone a job, a promotion, or anything else because they're "X,Y, or Z" and not simply because they EARNED it IS welfare, and I've seen it time and time and time again over the years. PROTECTION is all well and good, and ALL Americans deserve that protection, regardless of their race, creed, color, sex, or national origin, but preferential treatment and special dispensations are another issue altogether, and I think we agree on that. If any American is unfairly discriminated against, then fine, we need to address that particular incident, but as discrimination against an AMERICAN, not against an "X,Y, or Z", because when we do THAT, we're not stopping discrimination, we're PROMOTING it.

Another point is this; you say that you don't believe that we are equals, and I find that to be sad. If we aren't equal, and in fact you believe that blacks, women, the handicapped, gays, or some other group are in fact un-equal to other Americans, then that brings up the issue of whether or not they can be given the same Rights as everyone else, or if they should be disenfranchised and "taken care of" as children or the mentally challenged. If you are going to say that blacks, or anyone else from some special interest group is in fact NOT equal, you are therefore saying that they are "children", that we must care for, then how can we allow them to vote, or have any say in our country when we disallow real children from doing so? If, however, we are to accept that "all men are created equal", then we are duty bound to TREAT them as equals, guarantee them all of the same rights, and demand all the same responsibilities, just like we do from every other American.

As for Lib, I don't believe he's a racist, I believe he (as I do on occasion) simply uses the extreme cases to accentuate the point, since they are so obvious, and egregious, and it does bring the point of reverse discrimination and hypocrisy to the forefront. You may not care for the tactic, but you cannot deny the facts.

Werbung:
that is yes, but I was pointing out that the other 2 things he said where Breaking the law..So yes better stated being a "disingenuous, hypocritical, lying POS" would be the real issue.

There are open gay Republicans and I have no issue with them.

I recall when I use to believe in the Republican Ideals, that what you did in private was not the government's business....when the Christian right gained power that changed more and more...and is one reason for my disenchantment with the party.

This brings up another point. What difference does it make if someone is "openly" gay or not? I make no issue of my sexuality, and personally find any discussions of sexuality in the work place to be both unnecessary, and repugnant. Is it not possible that some of the "closeted" gays are simply exhibiting the same reserved nature concerning sex in general, not because they're trying to hide anything, but merely because it has nothing to do with their job?

As I mentioned several times previously, Barney Franks was "in the closet" for years until someone "outed" him. Does that make him a hypocrite, or is it simply that it was nobody's damned business?

As for your reasons for disenchantment with the party, I've said for years that "I didn't leave the party, the party left me", but that does not change the fact that given a choice between a party I agree with 60% of the time, and a party I agree with 5% of the time, that I should ever consider going with the latter.

Back