What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob

Let us do a somewhat more real world situation that policy makers face on a daily basis:

Here is all you know:

In your CIA briefing you are told that the CIA has from a "credible" source that Pakistan is missing a nuclear weapon. You have no idea of a time line, but you know that the military in Pakistan is responsible for nuclear weapon security. In a real world scenario this is likely all you will know, so what do you do?

Offer solutions and I will respond with typical Pakistani responses.

Werbung:
Ill play the hypothetical game here.
Firstly, I am going to spend the necessary time to confirm my intelligence.
Then probably get briefed on what military assets are in place, and direct any forces necessary to the region. Especially naval and air forces.
Then I would get in touch with the Pakis directly, either through diplomatic channels, or by making a phone call leader to leader.
I would offer any assistance necesary for the Pakis to correct the situation inside thier borders (hopefully). In the meantime find and secure or at least track the location of that nuke wherever it is in the world.
My goal would be to try and contain that situation in Pakistan.

They say 'the US gave them to us in the happy hope that we could be used for target practice by Russia but now we have wised up and are not going to be the US' poodle any longer. Espcially as the US kills so many Muslims by attacking Muslims states that were not attacking the US. So **** off America. You have sewn a wind and you will reap a whirlwind.'

Let us do a somewhat more real world situation that policy makers face on a daily basis:

Here is all you know:

In your CIA briefing you are told that the CIA has from a "credible" source that Pakistan is missing a nuclear weapon. You have no idea of a time line, but you know that the military in Pakistan is responsible for nuclear weapon security. In a real world scenario this is likely all you will know, so what do you do?

First, I'd consider the source (of info).

If it came from The Bush Admin, I'd go back to bed........ :rolleyes:

The source would say whatever was required for the goal of the US Government.

There is a tiny chance that the account would coincide with the truth but if it did that would be purely incidental.

Ill play the hypothetical game here.

I'll play devil's advocate.

Firstly, I am going to spend the necessary time to confirm my intelligence.

The CIA will simply tell you again they believe it is "credible."

Then probably get briefed on what military assets are in place, and direct any forces necessary to the region. Especially naval and air forces.

To play devil's advocate here, you have no time line on the loss of the weapon. The generals will tell you we do not know the locations of all the Pakistani nuclear sites, and have no idea of a weapons count. Are you planning to bomb something?

Then I would get in touch with the Pakis directly, either through diplomatic channels, or by making a phone call leader to leader.

What do you tell him?

I would offer any assistance necesary for the Pakis to correct the situation inside thier borders (hopefully). In the meantime find and secure or at least track the location of that nuke wherever it is in the world.
My goal would be to try and contain that situation in Pakistan.

With no time line you would not know if that is possible. Also, what specific assistance do you provide?

They say 'the US gave them to us in the happy hope that we could be used for target practice by Russia but now we have wised up and are not going to be the US' poodle any longer. Espcially as the US kills so many Muslims by attacking Muslims states that were not attacking the US. So **** off America. You have sewn a wind and you will reap a whirlwind.'

China gave Pakistan their nuclear program, but nice try.

You and Shaman have demonstrated why you will never be a policy maker.

Oh dear

I bet you believe the cowboys and Indians films too don't you?

Check this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/oct/13/usa.pakistan

''He was the CIA's expert on Pakistan's nuclear secrets, but Rich Barlow was thrown out and disgraced when he blew the whistle on a US cover-up. Now he's to have his day in court. Adrian Levy and Cathy Scott-Clark report''

Just go and see what your Government really does in Pakistan.

And then explain how anyone would take the CIA seriously when they talk about WMD abuses in Muslim states.

If the CIA said the moon is made of green cheese would you believe that too?

Your views represent the American attitudes that scare the **** out of the world and which make everyone delighted that Dick and Bush have been unceremoniously rejected by the US.

Oh dear

I bet you believe the cowboys and Indians films too don't you?

Check this http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/oct/13/usa.pakistan

''He was the CIA's expert on Pakistan's nuclear secrets, but Rich Barlow was thrown out and disgraced when he blew the whistle on a US cover-up. Now he's to have his day in court. Adrian Levy and Cathy Scott-Clark report''

Just go and see what your Government really does in Pakistan.

And then explain how anyone would take the CIA seriously when they talk about WMD abuses in Muslim states.

If the CIA said the moon is made of green cheese would you believe that too?

Your views represent the American attitudes that scare the **** out of the world and which make everyone delighted that Dick and Bush have been unceremoniously rejected by the US.

You have successfully ruined a HYPOTHETICAL thread. Anyway, regardless of that, what other intelligence agency in the US do you propose to listen to instead of the CIA?

Anyway, it is clear you will never be a policy maker, quite obviously in fact.

I know you English are upset that you are under our thumb, but tough luck. MI6 confirmed Iraq had WMD as well. Guess they were just part of the ploy.

Back on ignore for you.

All intelligence agencies use the same methods and techniques. All came to the wrong conclusion concerning Iraqi WMD's. None have even hinted that they should change those methods and techniques.

How is it posible to deal effectively with such a mentality?

You have successfully ruined a HYPOTHETICAL thread.
.....The closest "conservatives" ever come to discussing policy. Why bother with real issues, when hypotheticals offer the most-convenient distraction. :rolleyes:

.....The closest "conservatives" ever come to discussing policy. Why bother with real issues, when hypotheticals offer the most-convenient distraction. :rolleyes:

Answer the question or stop posting in this thread.

Hey BigRob as you won't answer the simple question 'are you prepared to be executed for a crime you didn't commit?' don't you think you are being something of a hypocrite?

Hey BigRob as you won't answer the simple question 'are you prepared to be executed for a crime you didn't commit?' don't you think you are being something of a hypocrite?
Give him time. I'm sure he'll come-up with another hypothetical. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Assuming that I am not a complete tool of the WarParty's military and financing cliques, which is a huge ask, I would stop the illegal bombing of Pakistan which is responsible for civilian death and provides a just cause for the Pakistani state to declare war on the United States, which of course includes the use of the nuclear weapons not lost.

Secondly, and this is even more unlikely with either the incumbent or his carbon copy replacement, I would consider removing the troops of my country and it's allies from Afgfhanistan as this is destabilising the region.

Thirdly, and lastly, and even more unlikely to happen is to consider what needs to happen, and will eventually happen, and change the unpleasant self-serving foreign policy of my country. The US days as an empire are over, and when you are being cleaned up financially by Russia, China and India, it is time to quit.

By the way, how many nukes has the US "lost".

Comrade Stalin of LostBombsinGreenlandia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back