What do you think of Micheal Moore?

Werbung:
I appreciate the fact that he is trying so hard but I wish he wasn't so abrasive. He makes some very good points. I enjoyed Far. 911.

I think Micheal ME ME Moore has lost his objectivity. Its all about catering to his huge ass ego and not necessarily telling the true picture. I saw his 9/11 piece and i think he spent way to much time hating Bush and dealing with insignificant facts that did nothing to help us understand 9/11.

I am interested on his new movie about the FDA which i heard was delayed and am wondering why. This should at least shed some light on the horrible corruption happening in the FDA and i can deal with the heighten melodrama he puts out for the sake of the attention this topic needs.:)

I like the fact that a mainstream film maker is bringing criticism into the picture, but he also brings in a lot of misinformation and falsehoods. I recall him just last year saying there are no Islamic Fundamentalim.

When Moore started out, I rather admired his documentary ability, but as time went on and so much of his work seemed to be full of either misinformation or blantant editorial comment, I stopped watching him. I don't like Oliver Stone's editorial comment (especially the Viet Nam trilogy) but at least he doesn't purport to be a documentary filmmaker like Moore. Moore is so full of hatred for one thing or another, I've dismissed him.

vicki2 said:
When Moore started out, I rather admired his documentary ability, but as time went on and so much of his work seemed to be full of either misinformation or blantant editorial comment, I stopped watching him. I don't like Oliver Stone's editorial comment (especially the Viet Nam trilogy) but at least he doesn't purport to be a documentary filmmaker like Moore. Moore is so full of hatred for one thing or another, I've dismissed him.

Yup, I feel the same way! Oliver Stone rubs me the wrong way as well. I am dreading the release of this new movie about 9/11....UGH

What is it with folks coming on to do good only to discover themselves in the process and their 15 minutes to lose sight of their real aim? It is really too bad.

The interesting thing about Stone's 9/11 film is that critics who have previously hated his 'message' say he's done a really good job on this one.
I haven't seen it, and will no doubt wait to see it on cable, but it makes me wonder what his angle is becoming. Maybe he's seeing things differently. I don't think Moore is ready to confront a different angle yet, and the old one doesn't work for me. LOL.

I wonder though if the critics are impressed with the topic more then the actually body of work. Lets face it, i wouldnt want to be the critic that said a tribute to one of the countries worse tragedies sucked balls. :banana:

Basically that's what i see these movies about. Propaganda tributes to remind people why we fight like cats and dogs with other people....

I agree with alot that's been said here about him catering to his ego and loosing himself in hatred of the Bush entity. He had some good points in 9/11 but it was so onesided and so many frivilous ideas that it lost so much credibility. Hell the best done documentary on 9/11 was done by a group of school kids(seiniors in hs or early in college I forget). Look up loose change on video.google.com (should be loose change second edition or 2e something like that) if you wanna check it out.

Its too bad that these guys who have broken into mainstream media with a controversial issue have lost so much respect from being so one sided. Hell they teach you in jr. high school that the best persuasive arguments give the other side of the topic some time on the floor so it shows complete research and some manor of lesser bias.

I could go on but you guys hit the nail on the head.

--HexKrak

Yesterday when I logged on to AOL, there was a big picture of Stone, and a headline saying he's changed. Aw come on, no one changes that dramatically that fast without some motive.

vicki2 said:
Yesterday when I logged on to AOL, there was a big picture of Stone, and a headline saying he's changed. Aw come on, no one changes that dramatically that fast without some motive.

Maybe he changed his publicist :banana: :banana:

I'm with those that believe that Michael Moore was good when he first started out. I believe at that stage his motives were pure.

Now I'm not to sure!

Werbung:
OneofaKind said:
I'm with those that believe that Michael Moore was good when he first started out. I believe at that stage his motives were pure.

Now I'm not to sure!

It's easy for anyone's motives to deteriorate over time, and especially with the addition of mainstream attention and spotlight.

Back