What Do You Think Of The "Royal Family"?

Old_Trapper70

Irregardless of what you think of Trump, is nepotism now the wave of the future? I know the right wing is already whining about the possibility of Chelsea Clinton running for a political office, and we saw the whining they did about the Clinton duo. Why aren't they whining now?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-ivanka-ask-country-can-090040557.html

"My fear was that Trump would run his White House the way he had run his business empire — as a right of inheritance. The convention in Cleveland had made it clear to anyone paying attention that Trump wasn’t running as a Republican, but rather as the patriarch of a celebrity clan. I called the column “Ivanka Trump, White House czar.”

I was wrong. In an administration where women play only supportive roles, Ivanka has settled for assistant White House czar. The bigger job belongs to her 36-year-old husband, Jared Kushner, whose portfolio so far includes brokering Middle East peace, negotiating trade deals, reconfiguring the federal government, stamping out opioids, establishing ties with China and Mexico and — as of this week — surveying our strategy in Iraq.

"I guess all that’s left is to put him in charge of financial regulation and criminal prosecutions, and then the entire aging Cabinet can spend the next three-plus years swimming and swing dancing at Mar-a-Lago, like characters from “Cocoon.”

A raft of critics have recently come after Jared and Ivanka, alleging that they don’t know a thing about policy (well, yeah) and that they’re awash in ethical conflicts (like that matters). But the problem with Washington’s newest power couple is larger and more pervasive than any of that, and it illuminates the underlying darkness in this administration.

Before we get to that, though, let’s put all this in some context. It’s not uncommon for presidents to rely on the guidance of spouses or other relatives, as we all do. But you’d have to go back to the early 1960s to find anything remotely comparable to the familial power center in Trump’s White House.

<skip>

And this gets to the heart of my issue with Kushner and Ivanka, and with the Trump family acquisition of the White House generally. Basically, they’ve decided all of a sudden that they’d very much like to run the country for a spell, but they’re not willing to sacrifice a damn thing for the privilege.

Robert Kennedy could probably have doubled his fortune had he wanted to stay outside of government and profit from his brother’s name. That was never the idea.

Whether you loved the power-thirsty Kennedys or hated them, whether you agreed with their vision for the country or not, no one could reasonably argue that they didn’t choose to serve our interests over their own. The same was true for the Bushes, by the way.

was cratering.)" data-reactid="105">Not so with the Trumps, from Donald on down. Public service is a playground to them, an accidental hobby. (Though apparently not as important a hobby as skiing, which is what Jared and Ivanka were doing while the health care bill was cratering.)

The idea that they should lose anything in order to govern, that doing this with integrity should cost them any real wealth or opportunity, seems as foreign and misguided to them as a North Korean haircut."

Last edited:
Werbung:
Irregardless of what you think of Trump, is nepotism now the wave of the future? I know the right wing is already whining about the possibility of Chelsea Clinton running for a political office, and we saw the whining they did about the Clinton duo. Why aren't they whining now?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-ivanka-ask-country-can-090040557.html

"My fear was that Trump would run his White House the way he had run his business empire — as a right of inheritance. The convention in Cleveland had made it clear to anyone paying attention that Trump wasn’t running as a Republican, but rather as the patriarch of a celebrity clan. I called the column “Ivanka Trump, White House czar.”

I was wrong. In an administration where women play only supportive roles, Ivanka has settled for assistant White House czar. The bigger job belongs to her 36-year-old husband, Jared Kushner, whose portfolio so far includes brokering Middle East peace, negotiating trade deals, reconfiguring the federal government, stamping out opioids, establishing ties with China and Mexico and — as of this week — surveying our strategy in Iraq.

"I guess all that’s left is to put him in charge of financial regulation and criminal prosecutions, and then the entire aging Cabinet can spend the next three-plus years swimming and swing dancing at Mar-a-Lago, like characters from “Cocoon.”

A raft of critics have recently come after Jared and Ivanka, alleging that they don’t know a thing about policy (well, yeah) and that they’re awash in ethical conflicts (like that matters). But the problem with Washington’s newest power couple is larger and more pervasive than any of that, and it illuminates the underlying darkness in this administration.

Before we get to that, though, let’s put all this in some context. It’s not uncommon for presidents to rely on the guidance of spouses or other relatives, as we all do. But you’d have to go back to the early 1960s to find anything remotely comparable to the familial power center in Trump’s White House.

<skip>

And this gets to the heart of my issue with Kushner and Ivanka, and with the Trump family acquisition of the White House generally. Basically, they’ve decided all of a sudden that they’d very much like to run the country for a spell, but they’re not willing to sacrifice a damn thing for the privilege.

Robert Kennedy could probably have doubled his fortune had he wanted to stay outside of government and profit from his brother’s name. That was never the idea.

Whether you loved the power-thirsty Kennedys or hated them, whether you agreed with their vision for the country or not, no one could reasonably argue that they didn’t choose to serve our interests over their own. The same was true for the Bushes, by the way.

was cratering.)" data-reactid="105">Not so with the Trumps, from Donald on down. Public service is a playground to them, an accidental hobby. (Though apparently not as important a hobby as skiing, which is what Jared and Ivanka were doing while the health care bill was cratering.)

The idea that they should lose anything in order to govern, that doing this with integrity should cost them any real wealth or opportunity, seems as foreign and misguided to them as a North Korean haircut."
To those on the outside, Trump's willingness to welcome his kids into his business empire will be called nepotism.
"There's always going to be nepotism — whether it's friendship nepotism or whether it's children nepotism. You know, that's the way the world works," said Trump.

To those on the outside, Trump's willingness to welcome his kids into his business empire will be called nepotism.
"There's always going to be nepotism — whether it's friendship nepotism or whether it's children nepotism. You know, that's the way the world works," said Trump.

What he does in his business world is his business. However, laws were passed against nepotism back in the 60's, and you would have known that if you had read the article with any kind of insight. Then too, ethics, morality, or integrity, does not apply to Trump, or his supporters.

The White House and the government is not Trump's BUSINESS. . .or at least it shouldn't be. . .it is the PEOPLE's business. . .and nepotism is not acceptable. He is placing his kids in positions that they were not elected for, and have no experience with.

In fact, even in the British Royal family, as in the Belgian Royal family, as in the Nederlands' Royal family, the royal family is NOT ALLOWED to be involved in the government.

The White House and the government is not Trump's BUSINESS. . .or at least it shouldn't be. . .it is the PEOPLE's business. . .and nepotism is not acceptable. He is placing his kids in positions that they were not elected for, and have no experience with.
Good to know..

What he does in his business world is his business.
No it's not, I don't think you've missed one mistake the mans ever made in business or any thing else....
However, laws were passed against nepotism back in the 60's, and you would have known that if you had read the article with any kind of insight. Then too, ethics, morality, or integrity, does not apply to Trump, or his supporters.
He hasn't broken any LAWS, and you would admit that if integrity meant anything to you..I had a lot more to say, but I won't waste mine or your time..

The White House and the government is not Trump's BUSINESS. . .or at least it shouldn't be. . .it is the PEOPLE's business. . .and nepotism is not acceptable. He is placing his kids in positions that they were not elected for, and have no experience with. (Openminded)

In fact, even in the British Royal family, as in the Belgian Royal family, as in the Nederlands' Royal family, the royal family is NOT ALLOWED to be involved in the government.
Although the British and Australian Royal family are not part of government they are well involve in p0litics . They support causes such as global warming, looking after heritage sites, (Prince Charles. banning Land Mines (Princess Diana) anti bulling (prince William) support for wounded soldiers (prince Harry) support for the Commonwealth, The Anglican Church, (queen Elizabeth) and even getting rid of a prime Minster in Australia through a governor General.\

It is hard to keep out of the affairs of government if you have influence and close connections to the political heads.

No it's not, I don't think you've missed one mistake the mans ever made in business or any thing else....

Only what is in the news fool, and they don't cover anything. Then there was the one you told us in this forum, or you could have been lying.

He hasn't broken any LAWS, and you would admit that if integrity meant anything to you..I had a lot more to say, but I won't waste mine or your time..

Sorry liar, however, I have not accused him of breaking any laws.

And you are a waste of time. Your constant defense of the lying thief is really quite tiring as are your insinuations, and lies.

Oh BTW, he did violate the law with his charity. And he violated Gods law with his lies, and his adulteries. And, in fact, he violated the law when he illegally contributed to the campaign of the Att. Gen. who was investigating TrumpU. And he committed fraud with the TrumpU BS. How many other laws he has broken we will probably never know.

And even if they were all known you would still be there kissing his ass, and bowing before him.

Then too, ethics, morality, or integrity, does not apply to Trump, or his supporters.
Does it actually apply to American politics in general? Power and influence are easily purchased and the whole system is built around this concept, Trump is just playing the system and stress testing the whole house of cards! It's up to the House Ethics committee to call the play. Might worth railing at them as they are the arbiters of this shite fest

Does it actually apply to American politics in general?

It should, and the country was founded on the basis that it would.

Power and influence are easily purchased and the whole system is built around this concept, Trump is just playing the system and stress testing the whole house of cards! It's up to the House Ethics committee to call the play. Might worth railing at them as they are the arbiters of this shite fest

True, and I do.

And you are a waste of time. Your constant defense of the lying thief is really quite tiring as are your insinuations, and lies.
Your hatred of another professed Christian is really sad, and your constant belittling of others is not normal. That said, for me to take you seriously I would have to respect what you say, and you lost that a while back..The insults and name calling is never ending with you..

Your hatred of another professed Christian is really sad, and your constant belittling of others is not normal. That said, for me to take you seriously I would have to respect what you say, and you lost that a while back..The insults and name calling is never ending with you..

And your acceptance of a pathological liar, and your constant defense of such a pervert, is really tiring. I quit responding to you some time back, and it was only your continuous ignorance, and lies, that prompted me to again respond to you. Using your concept of "hatred" Jesus must have "hated" the money changers He ran out of the Temple in Matthew 21. He must have hated the Pharisees He chastised in Matthew 23. He must have "hated" most Jews for His words in John 8 were not kindly.

But respect from the likes of you is something I do not need, nor do I crave. You are like the lost Pastors that supported Trump in that your kind of "religion" will save no one, and will send millions to hell. But you lack the ability, or the gifts, that scripture teaches one who believes receives from the Holy Spirit. As I have said in the past you are like a babe in Hebrews 5: 11-14:

"Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

God warned you of these times, and you refused to hear His word. Instead you relied on your "opinion", and now you are angered with me for showing you the truth. You tried to lure me into a situation where you could use your babes concept of Grace to defend Trumps action, and you failed. You are a charlatan of the worse kind, and you will pay for your own sins, and those who follow your false form of "christianity" will suffer also just as the country will suffer for their support of the fraud Trump.

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

And I seriously doubt you have the talent to be able to speak of God in public having the heart of a sheep as you do, and following those who seek out your kind of "christian" to lead astray:

Romans 1: 16-23; 28-32

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.....

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

I quit responding to you some time back
For 48 hours.. great willpower..that must have killed you.. I said this before..As far as Jesus grabbing a whip and throwing people out of the temple who were using it for profit is a powerful story, because Jesus preached peace-making, not fighting. He preached patience and gentleness, not anger and violence. If He was getting that angry, it was clear that an extremely grave offense was being committed. The kind of behavior Jesus displayed in the temple that afternoon isn’t by any means forbidden, but it wasn't exactly a daily part of Jesus’ life, either.

The story remains powerful because it is an example of how we should reserve this type of action for rare occurrences of extreme injustice, not make it part of our regular lives. It should be so exceptional when we display this kind of righteous anger that people take notice.

Getting defensive, or simply overly divisive and ungracious, on social media all of the time isn’t Christ like, even if you use the story of Jesus at the temple as an excuse. Which to me is a bridge to far. Your way of thinking is a waste of time on me. I use to think the same way..Put me back on ignore.

Last edited:
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."
They were not saved..

Werbung:
And I seriously doubt you have the talent to be able to speak of God in public having the heart of a sheep as you do, and following those who seek out your kind of "christian" to lead astray:
Now that one hurt.. It's hard for me to get mad or angry at you.. because I was you..

Back