"What he said"

Libsmasher

See BS News counted the number of times Obama said "I agree with senator McCain" in the debate - it's nine times. McCain lets Pee BS lib Jim Lehrer change the agreed subject of the debate, away from foreign policy, an area McCain knows backwards and forwards and for which Obama knows nothing. (Deliberately to give their boy an edge?) They switch it to the credit crisis, which had been plowed thoroughly the previous week with the lib media's disinformation campaign that the fault for it was the republicans. The portion that was left for foreign policy, Obama just says "I agree" to keep from having his real wacky ideas exposed and refuted. Gentleman McCain says nothing while obama is talking, but let's himself be repeatedly interrupted. McCain and his people have to do a lot better strategy wise next debate.

Werbung:
See BS News counted the number of times Obama said "I agree with senator McCain" in the debate - it's nine times. McCain lets Pee BS lib Jim Lehrer change the agreed subject of the debate, away from foreign policy, an area McCain knows backwards and forwards and for which Obama knows nothing. (Deliberately to give their boy an edge?) They switch it to the credit crisis, which had been plowed thoroughly the previous week with the lib media's disinformation campaign that the fault for it was the republicans. The portion that was left for foreign policy, Obama just says "I agree" to keep from having his real wacky ideas exposed and refuted. Gentleman McCain says nothing while obama is talking, but let's himself be repeatedly interrupted. McCain and his people have to do a lot better strategy wise next debate.

The format shift - both of them knew this was going to happen, and under the circumstances I don't see how it could have been otherwise. Where I fault Lehrer is allowing Obama to shift to economic issues so much of the time. I believe the Commission on Presidential Debates is responsible for the format, details, content, etc. of each debate. I didn't see on their website anything about the special circumstance allowance, but I know I heard about it on Thursday.

Ah, the perpetual quandary. What we know to be rude behavior, verbal assaults, lying, cheating, etc., is fine when the Dems/Libs/Obama do it, but IF we behave that way, you'd think they'd just been confronted by Satan himself. Plus, since we know how sickening these techniques are, we want to keep ourselves above that level, and not see our leaders sink to it either.

At the same time, we are like spectators in a boxing match, wanting our guy (or gal) to hit back, to go for the kill. So many of the pundits say the same thing, that McCain missed opportunities to really score points, yet most of them would be condemning his "mean-spiritedness" if he did. All the while, they continue to claim there is no double standard.

Debating is not McCain's strong suit. We can only hope that substance and character will win the day, and we will not have to watch our political system deteriorate further. The days is coming: are we to be a country who will elect a strong, principled man to the presidency, or will it be the American Idol election era?

The format shift - both of them knew this was going to happen, and under the circumstances I don't see how it could have been otherwise.

I concur with your other points - but the credit crisis policy will have been dealt with long before one of them takes office - the debate should have stuck to it's ground rules.

This whole campaign makes me want to puke.

- The absolutely unprecedented brazen lib media obama cheerleading.

- The wholesale fraud by the lib media, refusing to expose the true roots of the credit crisis.

- The legions of idiots-with-a-vote out there, who are hoodwinled by form over substance, and who merely have to open their mouths to prove they don't get it.

I concur with your other points - but the credit crisis policy will have been dealt with long before one of them takes office - the debate should have stuck to it's ground rules.

This whole campaign makes me want to puke.

- The absolutely unprecedented brazen lib media obama cheerleading.

- The wholesale fraud by the lib media, refusing to expose the true roots of the credit crisis.

- The legions of idiots-with-a-vote out there, who are hoodwinled by form over substance, and who merely have to open their mouths to prove they don't get it.

I appreciate that, but have to disagree on the credit crisis. I don't think it will be resolved when whichever of them comes into office. It DOES tick me off how Obama speaks in generalities and platitudes, and he's fawned over as being so "presidential" and having a "clear plan." Yeah, right. Clear as mud.

I listened to Stephanopoulos' interview with McCain. There was a point in it when McCain reiterated that it is impossible to have a detailed specific plan on how he would handle the process in this situation in the presidency. It is impossible to know exactly how the measures taken now are going to affect too many variables to predict actions 3, 6, 12 months down the road. Those are my words for what I gleaned from his answer.

Another thing that comes to mind: the law of unintended consequences. My dear departed Mom was fond of saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." Usually directed at me.... :rolleyes: But it sure seems to be a potentially VERY appropriate idea on this subject.

Lib, one other thing I wanted to mention. I was talking presidential politics with my daughter a few weeks back. She was pretty confused, because some women at the church she's attending were speaking and saying that everybody'd better vote, because this was a time to make history. She told one of the women that she wouldn't be voting, because she didn't feel that she's well enough informed to make an intelligent choice. I kissed her!

Yeah, I did. And then I told her voting was a privilege, and as such it's a duty. But a duty that should be held in high regard, and done thoughtfully based on sound information and with due diligence. Then I had to explain all THAT to her.... So I just kissed her again... ;)

I just had to add a side note here. I was doing some research, and came across Sen. Obama's myspace page. I know there has been a tendency on his part to get things wrong, either displaying fatigue, confusion or ignorance. Well.... I noted that the last login for the owner (Obama) is 10/1/08. Oddly enough, it's 11:00 p.m. EDT here right now, so that means.... his last sign in was/is tomorrow? But I guess that depends on what the meaning of was is.... or is is...

Werbung:
Normally, even lib media pundits would criticize a democrat who is as full of BS as Obama. But what little remains of their journalisrtic integrity has been completely blown away this year: They see a chance to elect a black guy president, and also the most flat-out leftwinger since roosevelt, both of which gives them a brain orgasm, and they won't let anything get in the way of helping their boy get elected.

As for your daughter, that's commendable. Nothing unnerves me more than the perrenial "public service" spots on TV, demanding that every dumb cluck with a vote (I'm not referring to your daughter) go out and vote. I've always imagined demanding equal time for a rebuttal, in which I say "if you don't know what you're doing - keep the hell away from the voting booth".

Back