What is racism?

Before there were nations and countries there were tribes which are extended families. The native American Indians and the Middle East tribes were often at war with each other. It kind of reminds me of inner city gang wars today. Each tribe respected it's own kind and no one else. It's sad but Africa is still eaten up with tribal warfare (Rwanda).

The physical differences among races is so small as to be inconsequential. Cultural differences can be huge. Muslims, which are of the white race, tolerate rape, terrorism, murder and slavery. The US, which is predominantly white, has outlawed these acts many years ago. In spite of this reality there are many Muslim apologists out there who think the US is worse than the Muslims.

Personally I believe the concept of race to be primarily a gov concoction very weakly supported by science and genetics. The reason the concept of race exists is to serve political goals.

Werbung:
Some dictionary definitions of racism:

Merriam-Webster:
  1. 1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
  2. 2b : a political or social system founded on racism
  3. 3: racial prejudice or discrimination
Oxford:

1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
  1. 1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Cambridge:

belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races

Dictionary.com:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement,usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

All these definitions are based on Perceptions rather than reality. All 4 of these defs say "the belief". The genetic difference between races is slim to non-existent. It is perception of a difference that cultural differences may result in one group being superior to another group in one way but not necessarily in all ways. Just because I know how to put bread on my table by holding down a job does not make me superior to an African tribesman who puts bread on his table by hunting. Some may perceive my job as superior but the reality is that both a job and hunting are capable of keeping one alive and supplied with food for consumption.

My interpretation of race is that it is based far more on perception than rooted in reality. It is primarily a gov concoction and serves little if any useful purpose in modern society. Race is used (actually misused) today by special interest groups and gov to further whatever end they desire.

I see the word racism used regularly on HOP and it seems to me that some of us have different definitions of the word.
  1. Can blacks be racist or is racism limited to whites only.
  2. If you think Obama was a lousy pres does that make you racist?
  3. If you reject the welfare state mentality are you racist?
  4. If you question taking down Confederate statues are you racist?
  5. What exactly are the elements that make up racism?
  6. Are there really different races or are racial classifications inappropriate?
It would be nice to have a non emotional discussion here with no name calling.

So let me present my opinion to start. Obama was a crappy pres. But not cuz he is black. He started out by lying to us (Obamacare will be debated on CSpan). His leadership was marginal as he did not even attempt to cross the bridge with Congress. He ran our deficit through the roof (from below $10 trillion to over $20 trillion). His Iran nuke deal was a disaster and he lied more than once to sell it. So Obama was the pits but none of my problems with him involve his skin color or his parentage. He did the least and cost the most of any recent pres. Obama's spending was unsustainable.
So I have a very low opinion of Obama.
Does that make me racist?
A Nation Based on Birth and Not Worth Will Suffer Crib Death

It's better to find out who invented a bad reputation for racism, making it a dishonest term employed to discredit the majority. In reality, outside the Matrix of false values, racism is a rational judgment based on sufficient evidence about the general behavior of a group. It is also driven by the survival instinct; therefore, those who preach that it is some kind of a sin don't want us to survive.

It is not motivated by a bully's desire to pick out a random group to have power over. It is not a filling of a desperate need of losers to have someone to feel superior to. Having all that and more constantly drummed into our minds is an aggressive insult to common sense.

Those who are born rich despise, hate, and fear all other White people. Their parents have told them that they were born with superior genes, implying that they have evolved into a separate race predestined to humiliate and rule over Whites who have not been born rich. In order to prevail over this Establishment and take away its future, Whites must focus on abolishing all birth privileges. If we have to do it on our own, so must they. Then they will wind up far below the guaranteed rank they get today.

One more reason races are a political invention:
Whites are defined as descended from European peoples.
Spain is the original home of Hispanic peoples. Spain is also in Europe. So it seems to me that hispanics are also of European descent.
So why is there a "hispanic" race and a different race called "white" if they are both descended from Europeans?

The gov breaks people into 6 races. But 3 of those races are Asian and 2 are European descent.

It makes more sense to break people into 3 classes:
  1. Descendants from Africa
  2. Descendants from Asia
  3. Descendants from Europe
All humans can mate with other humans regardless of their descendants place of origin. Races were invented by govs to divide people into groups so as to play one group off against another.
Mexicans have as little White blood as American Blacks have.

Werbung:
The physical differences among races is so small as to be inconsequential. Cultural differences can be huge. Muslims, which are of the white race, tolerate rape, terrorism, murder and slavery. The US, which is predominantly white, has outlawed these acts many years ago. In spite of this reality there are many Muslim apologists out there who think the US is worse than the Muslims.

You seem to be obsessed with your hatred for Islam to the point you should seek mental help if you are not under observation already. Christianity accepted rape, accepted slavery, accepted abuse of women, accepted murder especially that of Blacks, homosexuals, and others. But hey, lets just call that being an "apologist" for Islam. So, what makes you a racist? It appears that your obsession has led you to believe that White Christians are somehow superior to the Muslim community you denigrate even though, and you continue to ignore this in order to advance your racist views, that over 90% of Muslims oppose the irrational views you present.

Personally I believe the concept of race to be primarily a gov concoction very weakly supported by science and genetics. The reason the concept of race exists is to serve political goals.

Was that when the White man began buying slaves off the coast of Africa, and then allowed them to die in the ships while crossing the oceans? Or was it when the White man declared that the Blacks were "chattel", and "property", of the White slave owner? Was that when Jefferson proclaimed that Blacks were 3/5 human? Or was it when the KKK began hanging Blacks? Maybe it was when the slave owners beat their "servants", or even raped their "servants". Just exactly when in your "informed" opinion did the government "concoct" this idea?

Back