What is with all this tax fraud?

HankHill

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's nominee to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government has withdrawn after earlier failing to pay tax on household help, the White House said Tuesday.

"Nancy Killefer has decided to withdraw her nomination, and we accepted her withdrawal," said Tommy Vietor, a White House spokesman.

The White House later released her letter to the president, which in part stated: "I recognize that your agenda and the duties facing your Chief Performance Officer are urgent. I have also come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay those duties must avoid. Because of this I must reluctantly ask you to withdraw my name from consideration."

:cool:

Werbung:
WASHINGTON - Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle on Tuesday withdrew his nomination to oversee the Health and Human Services Department, citing controversies over his taxes and his ties to the health care industry — and telling NBC News that a New York Times editorial also played a role.

His withdrawal came just a few hours after another Obama nominee, Nancy Killefer, said she was withdrawing her nomination. Both had controversies with taxes and cited distractions over that as reasons for withdrawing.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters the two realized "that you can't set an example of responsibility but accept a different standard of who serves."

Well at least they both did the right thing, and withdrew, even though Obama would have taken them in with open arms. Shows a lot about Obama's character.

What do you want to bet that if any of these were republican that it would have been a lot worse in the media

Werbung:
Back