What is your favourite part of history?

Dude111

When you think about the past,10+ years ago what is your favourite thing about it?

Mine is HOW MUCH BETTER THINGS WERE MADE.... Quality was 1000% better,clothes felt better to wear,etc....... Houses were made better (Well 50+ years ago)

I am quite disgusted with how things have gone over the last few years,all this cheap crap replaced GOOD THINGS we remembered from years ago.......

What do you think??

Werbung:
When you think about the past,10+ years ago what is your favourite thing about it?

Mine is HOW MUCH BETTER THINGS WERE MADE.... Quality was 1000% better,clothes felt better to wear,etc....... Houses were made better (Well 50+ years ago)

I am quite disgusted with how things have gone over the last few years,all this cheap crap replaced GOOD THINGS we remembered from years ago.......

What do you think??
The degradation of foods offered in supermarkets.

Poultry products added to formerly all-pork products has resulted in frankfurters/hot dogs/ wieners that have disgusting taste. The general lack of pork-based cold cuts. No longer can find olive loaf, pickle and pimento loaf, old-fashion loaf, poultry-free Bologna, etc. It is notable that the hot dogs that were consider made by the "premium" makers and now contain poultry, are still the high-priced ones despite the fact that they are now the taste equals of low-priced chicken or turkey hot dogs.
Only un-ripe low-sugar fruits available in supermarkets. Peaches that are shipped green, do not sweeten when ripe, but turn dry and punky. Strawberries that are developed to withstand shipping by lowering sugar content, resulting in big beautiful berries that are tasteless.

Werbung:
I agree, I miss pimento loaf, and when I find it the taste is bland. Fortunately where I live there are a lot of farmers markets going on so good produce is available. Auto quality has improved in the reliability sense, although some initial quality has suffered because of new tech devices. I buy my clothing from Nordstroms and look for American made, you get what you pay for. As for housing in SoCal, it has improved immensly since the 80's with higher standards and better regulation. Home appliances are much more reliable and effecient than before and tech products are at a quality, cost and application level never thought possible (i-phones, pads, computers, laptops, MP3 players ect.) Things are not all bad./Users/geraldclark/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Jun 22, 2011_5/get-attachment.aspx.gif

Back