What Muslims Really Think

Werbung:
Must of missed it. In this thread you claimed "I never said all Muslims were peaceful" and I copy and pasted your words where you claimed that there were 1.4 Billion Muslims and 1.4 Billion of them were peaceful.
And to that I replied...

And if you dig back through the threads far enough you'll find the place where I said that I thought the number of Islamofascists could go as high as 20% in some countries. I never meant to imply that all Muslims are peaceful because it is quite obvious that that is not true; I only meant that the majority of Muslims are peaceful and judging them based on the actions of the minority isn't fair.

There. I said I wasn't going to repeat myself but you seemed quite intent on it, so...enjoy.

And Islam is peace, and jihad is an inner struggle. Yeah yeah, we know, heard it a million times. You sunni or shiite? MARK

Islam is not peace. Islam is a religion and religions are interpretative. Some interpret jihad as an inner struggle, some don't. That was always meant to be my point - and is the point of the "Christianity is Evil" thread too, to reveal that all religions may be attacked for various weaknesses in their theological codes. I'm sorry if this point got lost or confused.

I am an agnostic. I do not actively believe in any faith, atheism included. I do believe in all peoples' right to practice whatever faith appeals to them - so long as they do so in a way that does not directly harm others. That is what is at the core of my defense of Islam.

i bet, that if you put the Christians in the same position that the Muslims are in right now, and asked them how they felt about Martyrdom it would be even higher.

Nonsense. And I think its not the "suicide" that concerns people but instead the targets. Suicide bombers "defending" their religion tend to favor, dismembering by bomb, as many unsuspecting civilians as they can.

MARK

Nonsense. And I think its not the "suicide" that concerns people but instead the targets. Suicide bombers "defending" their religion tend to favor, dismembering by bomb, as many unsuspecting civilians as they can.

MARK

Im an Atheist and See absolutely nothing wrong with Muslim Suicide bombing. Like the man said, "You fight a war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had"

I do believe in all peoples' right to practice whatever faith appeals to them - so long as they do so in a way that does not directly harm others. That is what is at the core of my defense of Islam.

And when it does harm others, you attribute their actions to some "crazies" that have nothing to do with religion????? Too many suicide bombers with video of their last will and testament that say precisely the opposite is the case, for me to believe that. MARK

And when it does harm others, you attribute their actions to some "crazies" that have nothing to do with religion????? Too many suicide bombers with video of their last will and testament that say precisely the opposite is the case, for me to believe that. MARK

So....are you saying that the actions of the Lord's Liberation Army aren't the actions of some "crazies" that have nothing to do with religion?

It does to have to do with religion. The real question is, what comes first - the crazy or the religion? As in, does Islam encourage people who would otherwise be peaceful to commit these crimes, or are they committed by people who are predisposed towards violence who have just latched on to Islam as an excuse?

There is no easy answer.

I'm an going to have to say that this rhetoric exists in Christianity also.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

So....are you saying that the actions of the Lord's Liberation Army aren't the actions of some "crazies" that have nothing to do with religion?

Pretty B I Z A R R E ! ! ! interpretation of my statement . I dont know anything about Korny's theology. I believe he wants to create what he calls a theocracy that applies the 10 commandments as law. He couldnt support such an idea with scriptures. I think he is illiterate so its not like we can read his theology. Unfortunately, the Islamic Fundamentalist who are waging this war of terror around the world from NY to Indonesia, can all to easily recite scripture from the Koran and haddiths to support this world wide Jihad.

He says he is guided by spirits, "I don't know the number but they speak to me. They load through me. They will tell us what is going to happen. They say 'you, Mr Joseph, tell your people that the enemy is planning to come and attack'."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/5124762.stm

He promotes a demonic spirituality crafted from an eclectic mix of Christianity, Islam, and African witchcraft.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/january/18.30.html

He sees himself as a spirit medium.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4320858.stm

Now he says he gets strategic advice from angels. There are eight of these angels, he says -- three American, two Sudanese, two Chinese, and one Congolese. Kony is reported to enjoy wearing women's dresses.
http://www.nndb.com/people/398/000022332/

If I had to make an assesment on such limited knowledge I would guess that the actions of Korny and his liberation army are "the actions of some "crazies" that have nothing to do with" CHRISTIANITY. They may be motivated by his religion, but I wouldnt call it Christianity.

MARK

I'm an going to have to say that this rhetoric exists in Christianity also.

Your reliance on the old testament kind of demonstrate the weakness of your arguements as to Christianity. I see stories about the past. Judgements applicable to Israel and false prophets. God expelled the Jews from Israel. Kind of hard to argue that the same rules apply after the Jews are expelled. Nothing for someone to justify jihad against unbelievers today. When the koran says "fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah" they are not reciting a story from the past but commanding the faithful in the future, or at least until religion is "only for Allah". MARK

Werbung:
John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Back