Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islam

• Judaism

• Asatru

• Total voters
He is right there are a lot of Christian who don't really understand who and what Christ stood for..I won't go into it on this thread.. so another broad brush stroke.. lol
There are also atheists and anti theists who would have you believe they know lots but are just cut n pasting talking points they came across.

Werbung:
There are also atheists and anti theists who would have you believe they know lots but are just cut n pasting talking points they came across.
I agree, when you read the same thing over and over it gets to where you don't even want to respond.. It's always the same thing.. But, I will say reading current and back post here, you have some great Atheist debaters here, I can't remember their names right now but good reading.. I don't fear what they have to say because for me what I believe is real and has stood against prosecution for over 2000 years..

I agree, when you read the same thing over and over it gets to where you don't even want to respond.. It's always the same thing.. But, I will say reading current and back post here, you have some great Atheist debaters here, I can't remember their names right now but good reading.. I don't fear what they have to say because for me what I believe is real and has stood against prosecution for over 2000 years..
Clearly there is a bell curve and I too am comfortable in my faith. It is faith after all.

Its hard to know as much about every religion , as the believer of that faith...who most know little about any faith outside their own.
Pew did a study in 2010 , Atheist and Agnostics scored the highest , followed by Jews and Mormons . 45% of Catholics did not know that the bread and wine is not a symbol , but that it actually became body and blood of Christ ( a Gallop polls put it at only 30% knew this) And only about 50% of Protestants knew Martin Luther started the reformation that formed the separation and formation of their church's... Americans may put a lot on their Faith, but they don't actually care to know a lot about it in many cases.

My wife can school me in Biblical knowledge of course, but she unlike many actually learned it and studied it.

According to a NPR article part of this reason is also that Atheist and Agnostics tended to be brought up in a Religion but after thought discarded it...so they often tried to look for the answers in the religion they where brought up in before letting it go. ( the old saying, if you want to make someone an atheist what book would you get them....The Bible)

It is a faith that requires action. Actually studying, knowing, and living by, the word of God is one of those actions.

Republican politics and personal gain often come first.
I gave like 12 quotes from the bible on Refugees and forginers to a friend who talks about Jesus all the time...but they did not say what he wanted to here and where ignored. Give him a out of context quote on Gays and he will run with it for ever.

Its hard to know as much about every religion , as the believer of that faith...who most know little about any faith outside their own.
Pew did a study in 2010 , Atheist and Agnostics scored the highest , followed by Jews and Mormons . 45% of Catholics did not know that the bread and wine is not a symbol , but that it actually became body and blood of Christ ( a Gallop polls put it at only 30% knew this) And only about 50% of Protestants knew Martin Luther started the reformation that formed the separation and formation of their church's... Americans may put a lot on their Faith, but they don't actually care to know a lot about it in many cases.

My wife can school me in Biblical knowledge of course, but she unlike many actually learned it and studied it.

According to a NPR article part of this reason is also that Atheist and Agnostics tended to be brought up in a Religion but after thought discarded it...so they often tried to look for the answers in the religion they where brought up in before letting it go. ( the old saying, if you want to make someone an atheist what book would you get them....The Bible)
Christians can be pains…( I know I've seen it) because we honestly believe that we are right about some very important things.
We believe after the crucifixion, that dead man—Jesus Christ—got up and walked, and he said we could too.

The problem is that once one has seen the truth (and we believe we have), it is hard to keep quiet about it.

But more needs to be said than that…

Please forgive us when we said it the wrong way, when we were arrogant and self-righteous, when we beat you over the head with our Bibles and when we didn’t respect your views or value you as God’s creation.

It is just that we find it very difficult to remain silent

I gave like 12 quotes from the bible on Refugees and forginers to a friend who talks about Jesus all the time...but they did not say what he wanted to here and where ignored. Give him a out of context quote on Gays and he will run with it for ever.

Paul spoke of them as "Carnal Christians". I used scripture to show what type of person God wants His people to choose as leaders. You should read some of the comments made about me in this forum, and others. IMO, the majority of people that call themselves "christian" do so for the social position it gives them, not for the spiritual position taught by Christ.

Paul spoke of them as "Carnal Christians". I used scripture to show what type of person God wants His people to choose as leaders. You should read some of the comments made about me in this forum, and others. IMO, the majority of people that call themselves "christian" do so for the social position it gives them, not for the spiritual position taught by Christ.
Your right about a lot of things, convictions are very important. But I’m right too.. Truth does divide and taking a stand is often a judgment of stands taken by others. We both know that the eternal verities of the Christian faith are absolute and should never be compromised.

There are some hills on which we should fight/argue.
But there are also hills that weren’t meant for battles.

How do you know the difference? Just ask me and I’ll tell you! But in case you aren’t about to do that, let me tell you how.

If you really don’t care whether you are right or wrong but only care for God’s truth…if you aren’t prideful about being right…and if you refuse to baptize your views and do battle in the name of Jesus…then you’ll know.

Read 1 Corinthians 13 & John 15:9-17

Yes I google d and found quotes too. The question is do they mean what you think or what you want ?
As gets pointed out, the devil can quote scripture as well as anyone.

Your right about a lot of things, convictions are very important. But I’m right too.. Truth does divide and taking a stand is often a judgment of stands taken by others. We both know that the eternal verities of the Christian faith are absolute and should never be compromised.

There are some hills on which we should fight/argue.
But there are also hills that weren’t meant for battles.

How do you know the difference? Just ask me and I’ll tell you! But in case you aren’t about to do that, let me tell you how.

If you really don’t care whether you are right or wrong but only care for God’s truth…if you aren’t prideful about being right…and if you refuse to baptize your views and do battle in the name of Jesus…then you’ll know.

Read 1 Corinthians 13 & John 15:9-17

Now your saying your support for Trump is based on "love"? If you really loved God, which you have to do before you can love your brother, or even mankind, or self, then why would you not obey His commandments rather then the commands of man? Why would you not expose the lies of Trump, the deceitful dealings he has with others especially his wives, why would you excuse his frauds?

Did you even bother to read the verses you used as examples?

John 15: 10 "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love."

And what did God command to do when choosing a leader? Now tell me, OT, and NT, which of these qualifications by God does Trump meet:

Exodus 18:21 Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.

1 Timothy 3:1-7 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of an overseer, he desires a good work. An overseer then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil."

Do YOU know the difference between YOUR choice, and Gods choice?

Werbung:
Americans may put a lot on their Faith, but they don't actually care to know a lot about it in many cases.
We have this view in the UK that on Sundays American churches are full of smartly dressed, merrily singing folk clutching their bibles and praising the lord and generally having a good time. I read somewhere that about 30% of Christian Americans go to church whereas in the UK that figure is less than 3%. If, as that research seems to imply I just wonder what's the point of doing something if you don't know what you're doing or why? Is it socially unacceptable not to attend in certain counties/states? It has always fascinated why it is frowned upon if the President isn't a regular churchgoer, do so many people see that as a Presidential requirement?

Back