What will happen if we Withdraw from Iraq

What would happen if we withdraw from Iraq?

• Peace would happen quickly with the end of the insurgancy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Al Qeada would take over creating a terrorist state

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • A Bloody civil war would errupt until a powerful government emerged that squashed all other factions

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • A Civil war would spread leading to massive regional war between Sunnia and Shiite states

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The Current government would not fall. Policitical compromises eventually lead to peace.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Then we seem to agree that there is no invasion going to happen. So I guess that wasn't the "point" you referred to.:)

Let me tell you that none of these countries will have any influence on Iraq that Iraq doesn't want. Did you see Maliki and Ahmadinejad when the iranian President declared "Ties With Iraq 'Excellent'?
efdfc77c-59cd-4e7f-8306-f8b695b1777c_w220.jpg

Let them have a chance. Do you honestly believe that a puppet US government is going to last anyway? Let me remind you we have not had much success with puppet governments in the past. Eventually they also exercise their right to self determination.

I'll be the same outcome as an invasion, just let the Iraqi groups do the fighting.

Of course Iran wants ties with Iraq, after all they are next door to each other, but there are tons of reasons for this. To balance even more against the US, to exert even more influence over the Shiites dominated government. This statement does not mean a thing, because even right now, the government is Shiite dominated, obviously Iran wants to back it, thats what I have been saying.

Saudi Arabia will have to counteract this once the US leaves and Turkey will still have the issue with the Kurds. I am all for them "having their chance" however it will not be friendly once the US stops refereeing.

Werbung:
And who's friends have bigger guns?:D That's precisely why none of these countries would dare use military force to influence Iraq.

They will just give it to the Iraqi groups who in turn massacre each other.

What is wrong with these countries determining the future of their own region? We seem to think that the whole world is our business,while we wouldn't stand for anybody meddling in the Americas. That's hypocrisy, and no amount of neo-con,Fox News, double-talk will change that.

You wanted "self-determination" for Iraqis. Iranians representing Iranian interests in Iraq, Turks representing Turkish interests in Iraq, and Saudi Arabia representing Saudi Arabian interests in Iraq does not equal Iraqis with self-determination.

Look, I'm not saying that it's right that we're there. I'm just saying that if we leave, the Iraqis still won't have self-determination. You're the one who is spinning that into something else.

What does that mean?

It means they are all going to back their respective groups and have the Iraqis destroy each other. They are not going to fight each other over this, just destroy Iraq even more.

I'll be the same outcome as an invasion, just let the Iraqi groups do the fighting.

Of course Iran wants ties with Iraq, after all they are next door to each other, but there are tons of reasons for this. To balance even more against the US, to exert even more influence over the Shiites dominated government. This statement does not mean a thing, because even right now, the government is Shiite dominated, obviously Iran wants to back it, thats what I have been saying.

Saudi Arabia will have to counteract this once the US leaves and Turkey will still have the issue with the Kurds. I am all for them "having their chance" however it will not be friendly once the US stops refereeing.

Why do we need all this influence in the Middle East? Will we move on to South East Asia to exert our influence there next..... sorry.... bin there done that. And maybe you could tell us again why we invaded Iraq in the first place, I can't quite remember, but i thought it had nothing to do with exerting influence.

Why do we need all this influence in the Middle East? Will we move on to South East Asia to exert our influence there next..... sorry.... bin there done that. And maybe you could tell us again why we invaded Iraq in the first place, I can't quite remember, but i thought it had nothing to do with exerting influence.

I was against the invasion from the get-go, but that hardly means that we are not there now, and that does not make any of these implications we are talking about any less relevant. The US exerts influence all over the world. The Middle East is especially important for their oil, just as SE Asia is important for cheap labor and trade. Alot of what has happened in the Middle East is an off shoot of the Cold War if you ask me, and we are still in a semi-Cold War mentality here in the US.

No one is saying if this is right or wrong, I am not the judge of that, I just look at what is happening now.

It means they are all going to back their respective groups and have the Iraqis destroy each other. They are not going to fight each other over this, just destroy Iraq even more.

Let the Iraqis destroy each other, it's called a civil war, remember, we had one and things turned out all right. As long as we stay out of it, but then their's that darn oil and poor little Israel.

It simply means that no one is going to use military force in Iraq to exert their influence.... not Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, no one.

Then how do you explain for the fact that they already are?

Please show us these facts...link.... which country is exerting their Military influence in Iraq.

It is widely known that Iran is backing Shiite militias in Iraq. Just go to Iraq, you will it, they use Iranian weaponry etc... as for a link to prove it, I will look, but I have seen it with my own eyes.

They have a right to, it's their region. While we have no right to.

So its ok for Iran to fight in Iraq since its their region, even though it is not their country? And Iran and Iraq were enemies under Saddam.

Werbung:
It is widely known that Iran is backing Shiite militias in Iraq. Just go to Iraq, you will it, they use Iranian weaponry etc... as for a link to prove it, I will look, but I have seen it with my own eyes.

So what? They're Iraq's neighbors, what do you want them to do? Hide in fear of big, bad ,conservative, war mongering America?

Back