What will happen if we Withdraw from Iraq

What would happen if we withdraw from Iraq?

• Peace would happen quickly with the end of the insurgancy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Al Qeada would take over creating a terrorist state

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • A Bloody civil war would errupt until a powerful government emerged that squashed all other factions

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • A Civil war would spread leading to massive regional war between Sunnia and Shiite states

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The Current government would not fall. Policitical compromises eventually lead to peace.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
So what? They're Iraq's neighbors, what do you want them to do? Hide in fear of big, bad ,conservative, war mongering America?

No, if I was an Iranian adviser I would be advising the exact same path they are following right now. It is really quite a smart path.

Werbung:
So what? They're Iraq's neighbors, what do you want them to do? Hide in fear of big, bad ,conservative, war mongering America?

No, I believe he thinks it is better if we exercise our unwanted influence in the region. I find that a concept that is hard to accept.

Please show us these facts...link.... which country is exerting their Military influence in Iraq.

Ok, here is a link from 2004 of Iran conducting operations in Iraq.

Link

I am not sure what to tell you on links, I have alot of Middle East and Foreign policy journals sitting on my shelf that discuss this issue in depth, but to get them online you have to pay or subscribe, so it wouldnt be any good to link them because it would ask you for money lol.

No, I believe he thinks it is better if we exercise our unwanted influence in the region. I find that a concept that is hard to accept.

Well it depends on what group you are asking if we are unwanted or not, not everyone wants us gone. I am of the mindset that we went in and caused this mess, and we need to at least help solve the problems, instead of bailing out.

Well it depends on what group you are asking if we are unwanted or not, not everyone wants us gone. I am of the mindset that we went in and caused this mess, and we need to at least help solve the problems, instead of bailing out.

I'm of a similar mindset. Regardless of whether or not we should have gone in the first place, we're there now and I see us leaving creating more problems than it would solve.

The only thing that'd change my mind would be if a majority of Iraqis were to say that they wanted us gone.

Ok, here is a link from 2004 of Iran conducting operations in Iraq.

Link

I am not sure what to tell you on links, I have alot of Middle East and Foreign policy journals sitting on my shelf that discuss this issue in depth, but to get them online you have to pay or subscribe, so it wouldnt be any good to link them because it would ask you for money lol.

That "link" is probably some conservative think tank. Again, let Iraq and Iran determine their own destiny.

That "link" is probably some conservative think tank. Again, let Iraq and Iran determine their own destiny.

I do not get your point. You claim Iraq should have self-determination and the US should leave them alone, but then do not care that Iran is influencing this and denying Iraq this self-determination your preach.

It's USA Today. A newspaper.

If this had been your argument from the beginning this thread would never have gotten so large. You said you wanted "self-determination" for Iraqis, and all Rob and I have been doing is pointing out that American withdrawal would not result in Iraqi self-determination.

Don't change the rules midway through the game.

You said you wanted "self-determination" for Iraqis, and all Rob and I have been doing is pointing out that American withdrawal would not result in Iraqi self-determination.

What kind of logic is that? We have to be there to make sure Iraq determines it's own future without outside influence? In other words, they can have self determination as long as they see things our way. Great.

What kind of logic is that? We have to be there to make sure Iraq determines it's own future without outside influence? In other words, they can have self determination as long as they see things our way. Great.

But its ok if Iran does it instead of us? No one is saying we are there for Iraq to have self-determination. We are simply saying that if we leave, they certainly are not going to have any form of self-determination, as you and reliant have claimed.

Werbung:
But its ok if Iran does it instead of us? No one is saying we are there for Iraq to have self-determination. We are simply saying that if we leave, they certainly are not going to have any form of self-determination, as you and reliant have claimed.

Oh, I see, we're there to keep the peace, and to keep those "axis of evil" members Iran from influencing Iraq"s puppet government. All that, despite the fact that Iran is right next door and we are thousands of miles away. Again, it's all about oil and Israel.

Back