Whats not to love about wind power ?

dogtowner

Staff member
Ask the good people of Falmouth MASS

Even with the fact that it will take 20 years to pay for this thing that may not last that long the real problem is the noise.

When it was installed last spring, Anderson didn’t think Wind One would cause a problem. For 35 years, he’s owned and operated a passive solar company on Cape Cod.
The energy conservationist in Anderson considered wind power a good principle. He wasn’t alone — before the turbine switched on, Falmouth residents almost universally welcomed Wind One as a symbol of renewable energy and a way to keep taxes down.

“I was proud looking at it from this viewpoint — until it started turning,” Anderson said.

But now, as many as 50 people are complaining about the turbine and the noise it makes at different speeds. A dozen families are retaining a lawyer for that reason.

“It is dangerous. Headaches. Loss of sleep. And the ringing in my ears never goes away. I could look at it all day, and it does not bother me. It’s quite majestic — but it’s way too close,” Anderson said.

Neighbors say this isn’t a debate about a turbine ruining their view, and their goal is not compensation. Some just want it turned off at night.

But Anderson can’t compromise. “This house has been my

hobby, my investment, and we love it out here. We will move if we have to. Because we cannot live with (the turbine). No, we cannot,” Anderson said.

Wind One is expected to save the town about $375,000 a year in electricity. Heather Harper, Falmouth’s acting town manager, says Falmouth owes about $5 million on the 1.65-megawatt turbine.

Harper said one of the challenges of running the turbine is that the type of sound some neighbors complain about — that low-level pulse — isn’t regulated by the state. “The times I have been there I do not experience the impact of the effect that the neighbors have expressed that they’ve experienced. But I do believe that they are experiencing something that is very real to them,” Harper said.
Isn't regulated huh ? Sounds like the fix was in.

Its bad news when these sort of libs turn on a lib thing. OK maybe more like funny. More feelgood placebos.

Werbung:
Ask the good people of Falmouth MASS

Even with the fact that it will take 20 years to pay for this thing that may not last that long the real problem is the noise.

Isn't regulated huh ? Sounds like the fix was in.

Its bad news when these sort of libs turn on a lib thing. OK maybe more like funny. More feelgood placebos.

Stick a oil well next to them...see how much they like that...bet get more then a few complaints.

typical Republican....never anything to say on energy thats not drill drill drill drill...and ignore all the pollution, and issues with oil....While looking for anything about any other resource to cry about.

In a PBS documentary on "alternative energy", they had an item about a michigan farmer who installed a windmill. Cost: $25,000. Electrical output (when the wind is blowing): 60 watts - an underpowered light bulb. :D

Stick a oil well next to them...see how much they like that...bet get more then a few complaints.

typical Republican....never anything to say on energy thats not drill drill drill drill...and ignore all the pollution, and issues with oil....While looking for anything about any other resource to cry about.

What people like you (Liberal) fail to understand and no amount of education will help, is until we have viable alternative energy sources, we must use oil or our standard of living will rapidly deteriorate.

The US has vast amounts of oil, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we are not allowed to use it. We also have vast amounts of natural gas, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we are not allowed to use it. We also could build lots of nuclear plants, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we can't. We have tons and tons of coal, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we can't mine it.

If this left wing policy of limiting America's energy sources continues, we will soon be a third world nation. And, who will be to blame?

What people like you (Liberal) fail to understand and no amount of education will help, is until we have viable alternative energy sources, we must use oil or our standard of living will rapidly deteriorate.

The US has vast amounts of oil, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we are not allowed to use it. We also have vast amounts of natural gas, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we are not allowed to use it. We also could build lots of nuclear plants, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we can't. We have tons and tons of coal, but thanks to DF liberals like you, we can't mine it.

If this left wing policy of limiting America's energy sources continues, we will soon be a third world nation. And, who will be to blame?

I have been seeing the letters DF appear here on this board for a few days now and I can only think of one thing that it would stand for. And that is so rude and UNPRODUCTIVE that I would think you would be too smart to keep using it.

Wind power is so unfeasible in terms of the amount of power it could possibly produce compared to the amount we use that it makes almost zero sense to promote it except experimentally.

I would love a country run by windmills but I just don't think it could ever be done - there is just not enough energy that we can pull from the wind.

I have been seeing the letters DF appear here on this board for a few days now and I can only think of one thing that it would stand for. And that is so rude and UNPRODUCTIVE that I would think you would be too smart to keep using it.

I do use that abbreviation often. Forgive me for being a bit upset with what liberalism has done to the world's greatest nation.

You are right however. It is rude. I will not do it again.

Sorry Pockets. You know I still love you!

Dear Friend... I'm sure Gipper considers all Liberals his dear friends. ;)

OOOH. "Dear Friend", I never considered that one. I guess I need to text and tweet more so I can be more text literate.:)

(Edit: and then I believed you that "dear friend" was the best explanation, I posted the statement above, read the rest of the posts on this thread and realized I was again wrong, Ha)

Come up with viable alternatives and great. Till then basck nuclear regs back to sensible levels and get ground broken on them, convert cars to natural gas which we have loads of and burn cleaner than gas or ethanol and figure out a viable means of extracting hydrogen from water to run in these simply converted engines. But quit pissing into the wind with solar and wind.

Wind power is so unfeasible in terms of the amount of power it could possibly produce compared to the amount we use that it makes almost zero sense to promote it except experimentally.

I would love a country run by windmills but I just don't think it could ever be done - there is just not enough energy that we can pull from the wind.

We've been promoting them to the tune of billions for decades and these useless things are all we have to show for it. Sooner or later you have to learn know when you are at a dead end and to move on.

But lefties get fixated on things and never accomplish this. Take Obama's resurrecting FDR's failed Depression era hyper porking. Always an excuse for why these things never work, too little reality in their world.

Werbung:
And that is so rude and UNPRODUCTIVE that I would think you would be too smart to say it.

Don't be too hard on pockets. He is our beloved resident liberal and we must try to understand him. He is an expert at presenting the Left's position on all things.

I find it most enlightening. Though much is rather typical.

And Doctor, I do appreciate your efforts at civility. I know I have been guilty of much incivility here. I shall try to do better.

Back