1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

whats up with the ads?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and questions' started by Rokerijdude11, Jul 9, 2007.

1. run out of money?

what up with the google ad cents ads appearing up top and the pop ups? this will annoy perspective newcomers

2. Castle

Castle New Member

I'm not getting pop ups as I block them anyway but the ads do take up space which can be a bigger issue on smaller laptops. How about no ads for members or senior members?

Just a thought.

-Castle

3. Abraxis Axis

Abraxis Axis New Member

the owner is trying to make a buck on his site adsense pays for every clik on an advert

4. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

No but to be honest the sites expenses are pretty big, but the thing is since we have added the ads we have noticed an larger number of registrations than without ads. And yes probably ads for members will be disabled .

Thank you

5. r0beph

r0beph New Member

By all means leave ad sense ads, thats fine, but I must express my distaste for the pop ups...pop ups are invasive and seriously effect the experience of any website/forum

6. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

We have no pop ups on this site, and we are not going to place any. We are trying to advertise not to annoy our users.