Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American flags?

Little-Acorn

The protests against some guy's planned burning of a few Koran books are truly astonishing. They seem to feel that we should refrain from doing it, on grounds that some Muslims, or a lot of Muslims, may be offended.

Where were these people when various groups were burning American flags, both outside and inside this country? I can assure you, that offended a lot of people. Where was their concern over people's sensibilities then?

The difference, of course, is (a) This time the people being offended, oppose many American values, and (b) the offended ones are threatening violence this time, with some credibility since fanatic Muslim militants have often committed violent acts, up to and including murder, after people offended them by criticizing their religion or ways of life.

After Pearl Harbor (when fewer Americans were killed than on Sept. 11 2001), were there any protests over the Doolittle raid some months later, when American planes carried out a token bombing of Tokyo? The very purpose of that mission was to "offend" the fanatic militants in Japan who attacked us, since actual damage was relatively minor. No doubt that mission helped Japan immensely in their recruiting and propaganda efforts against us. But this did not enter into our calculations. The Doolittle raid was just a taste of things to come, as the Japanese found out in following years. The only way we could NOT help their recruiting, was by never responding to Pearl Harbor at all, and cancelling our part of World War II.

And that was not an option. Our goal was to defeat the enemy who had attacked us, not to cower into an illusory "peace". We knew then, as we seem to have forgotten now, that "peace" isn't an absence of conflict. It's an absence of threat.

And we are under threat now - a credible threat, again, given the past behavior of the people who attacked us. The idea that we should be afraid of the possibility of "offending" them, is between ludicrous and astonishing. The only way we can avoid offending them, is to cower away and never respond to their continued attacks and threats.

And even such cowering, would not remove the threats they bring us. It would not produce peace.

But now we actually have AMERICANS begging for us not to offend them. Don't draw pictures of Mohammed. Don't burn any books our attackers consider holy. Be careful, you might make them angry, and provoke them into being mean to us again!

Is anyone else as sickened by this "response" as I am?

Burn the damned books. Smear the Ground Zero Mosque with pork fat. These things are far milder a response than the Doolittle raid was. We should have sent a dozen planes (with conventional bombs) over Mecca before the rubble in New York City had cooled. Followed by a dozen more over every major Muslim city, dropping nothing but leaflets - each showing a graphic picture of what that city would look like after a nuclear strike.

Have Americans forgotten what war is? Our enemies have not. And THEY declared war on US, accompanied by actions to suit.

We got off to a pretty good start after 9/11, in Afghanistan and Iraq. But then we curled into a ball and tried to treat the enemy "nicely", in hopes they would come to their senses and become nice people.

How's that working out for you? You "Americans" who are trembling in fear today, over the prospect of what the fanatic militant Muslims will do to you if we "offend" them?

You are disgusting. You have the right to be disgusting. Anything you say should be used against you in a court of law... but probably won't be, fortunately for you. Because the people you are protesting, are far more tolerant of you, than you are of them.

But get out of the way, while the adults solve the problems brought upon us by fanatical enemies... foreign and domestic.

P.S.
Q: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American flags?

A: They were the ones lighting the matches.

Werbung:
Re: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American fl

The protests against some guy's planned burning of a few Koran books are truly astonishing. They seem to feel that we should refrain from doing it, on grounds that some Muslims, or a lot of Muslims, may be offended.

Where were these people when various groups were burning American flags, both outside and inside this country? I can assure you, that offended a lot of people. Where was their concern over people's sensibilities then?

The difference, of course, is (a) This time the people being offended, oppose many American values, and (b) the offended ones are threatening violence this time, with some credibility since fanatic Muslim militants have often committed violent acts, up to and including murder, after people offended them by criticizing their religion or ways of life.

After Pearl Harbor (when fewer Americans were killed than on Sept. 11 2001), were there any protests over the Doolittle raid some months later, when American planes carried out a token bombing of Tokyo? The very purpose of that mission was to "offend" the fanatic militants in Japan who attacked us, since actual damage was relatively minor. No doubt that mission helped Japan immensely in their recruiting and propaganda efforts against us. But this did not enter into our calculations. The Doolittle raid was just a taste of things to come, as the Japanese found out in following years. The only way we could NOT help their recruiting, was by never responding to Pearl Harbor at all, and cancelling our part of World War II.

And that was not an option. Our goal was to defeat the enemy who had attacked us, not to cower into an illusory "peace". We knew then, as we seem to have forgotten now, that "peace" isn't an absence of conflict. It's an absence of threat.

And we are under threat now - a credible threat, again, given the past behavior of the people who attacked us. The idea that we should be afraid of the possibility of "offending" them, is between ludicrous and astonishing. The only way we can avoid offending them, is to cower away and never respond to their continued attacks and threats.

And even such cowering, would not remove the threats they bring us. It would not produce peace.

But now we actually have AMERICANS begging for us not to offend them. Don't draw pictures of Mohammed. Don't burn any books our attackers consider holy. Be careful, you might make them angry, and provoke them into being mean to us again!

Is anyone else as sickened by this "response" as I am?

Burn the damned books. Smear the Ground Zero Mosque with pork fat. These things are far milder a response than the Doolittle raid was. We should have sent a dozen planes (with conventional bombs) over Mecca before the rubble in New York City had cooled. Followed by a dozen more over every major Muslim city, dropping nothing but leaflets - each showing a graphic picture of what that city would look like after a nuclear strike.

Have Americans forgotten what war is? Our enemies have not. And THEY declared war on US, accompanied by actions to suit.

We got off to a pretty good start after 9/11, in Afghanistan and Iraq. But then we curled into a ball and tried to treat the enemy "nicely", in hopes they would come to their senses and become nice people.

How's that working out for you? You "Americans" who are trembling in fear today, over the prospect of what the fanatic militant Muslims will do to you if we "offend" them?

You are disgusting. You have the right to be disgusting. Anything you say should be used against you in a court of law... but probably won't be, fortunately for you. Because the people you are protesting, are far more tolerant of you, than you are of them.

But get out of the way, while the adults solve the problems brought upon us by fanatical enemies... foreign and domestic.

P.S.
Q: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American flags?

A: They were the ones lighting the matches.

I am as disgusted as you are.

We have become a paper tiger under the liberal leadership we have endured for much too long.

There is no doubt in my mind hundreds if not thousands of Americans will be murdered in cold blood by fanatical Muslims again. It is only a matter of time.

And another thing that happened after Pearl Harbor...the liberals most beloved leader FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans.

Re: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American fl

Its either have freedom of speech or don't.
Clearly some have issues with this first point in the BILL OF RIGHTS.

next time someone tells the world he is going to burn a pile of US flags becuse the US IS Evil and he wants to show US...and this action puts US lives oversears at higher risk...let me know.....I will be just as against it.

Iranians burn our flags so why not burn the Iranian flag?

Are we at war with Islam now?

No, Its a war against Islam

That's on a lot bigger scale than the war against terrorism, isn't it?

If Islam in one side, who is the other side? Is it the US, or is it Christianity?

That's on a lot bigger scale than the war against terrorism, isn't it?

If Islam in one side, who is the other side? Is it the US, or is it Christianity?

I hope its Christians, then I don't have to do anything..If its America then I may have to fight,...and then I have to go threw that whole brainwashing myself into thinking all of Islam is evil, all Muslims are Terrorist, and god help me if anyone finds out I had a date with one once, from Saudia Arabia...I would be turned in as a spy lol

next time someone tells the world he is going to burn a pile of US flags becuse the US IS Evil and he wants to show US...and this action puts US lives oversears at higher risk...let me know.....I will be just as against it.

I think it can legitimately be asked that who is really going to be radicalized or made to carry out an attack that was not already a radical planning to do such a thing in the first place by this event?

is some "moderate" muslim going to wake up, see that on TV, and decide to blow himself up over it? I tend to doubt it.

I think it can legitimately be asked that who is really going to be radicalized or made to carry out an attack that was not already a radical planning to do such a thing in the first place by this event?

is some "moderate" muslim going to wake up, see that on TV, and decide to blow himself up over it? I tend to doubt it.

extremist are not born that way...its never ( ok rare) its one thing....but this, plus iraq war, plus the Torture and Stacking of Prisoners naked ....and....you get a pattern...also we are talking places like Afghanistan where they have about a 3rd grade Education on anything not called the Koran at times...how much you think it takes?

I thought Christians were supposed to be a tolerant bunch of folk but I guess pastors from Florida aren't. What's the real issue here? Some brain dead zealot with the intellect of a cheese sandwich gaining access to news channels on a slow news day? He should have been branded as a mad old coot and laughed at. Giving the story oxygen was the problem!

And as for all this bollox about flag burning by some friggin radicalised ragheads well ...... Big wow

Werbung:

I thought Christians were supposed to be a tolerant bunch of folk but I guess pastors from Florida aren't. What's the real issue here? Some brain dead zealot with the intellect of a cheese sandwich gaining access to news channels on a slow news day? He should have been branded as a mad old coot and laughed at. Giving the story oxygen was the problem!

And as for all this bollox about flag burning by some friggin radicalised ragheads well ...... Big wow

Exactly.

But you see the mad Christian zealot is perfect for the anti-Christian liberal media. They love fueling this fire.

Back