which business sectors support you Prez candidate?

Werbung:
Most businesses like my candidate. The business blood-suckers and communist anti-capitalists like the other guy.

considering the full frontal assault they've faced who can act surprised ?

That "frontal assault" is quite well deserved. This thread was about ridding our politics from the deleterious effects of money. Do you excuse the oil companies from buying politicians just because of their bad PR? Maybe they ought to spend that money correcting the causes of that bad PR instead of buying politicians to compensate from it.

That "frontal assault" is quite well deserved. This thread was about ridding our politics from the deleterious effects of money. Do you excuse the oil companies from buying politicians just because of their bad PR? Maybe they ought to spend that money correcting the causes of that bad PR instead of buying politicians to compensate from it.

Maybe we should subsidize another green energy company into bankruptcy -- that seems to work well.

I agree that the solar energy thingy was a failure, but why does that mean it's OK for oil & gas companies to buy politicians?

So it is your assertion that the Presidency (or politicians in general) is for sale for $3 million (the total amount of contributions from oil & gas)? That is absurd -- especially when other sectors are contributing far more.

I agree that the solar energy thingy was a failure, but why does that mean it's OK for oil & gas companies to buy politicians?
Do you have any problem with special interests you support "buying" politicians, or are you only upset because special interests you disagree are allowed to lobby?

Do you have any problem with special interests you support "buying" politicians, or are you only upset because special interests you disagree are allowed to lobby?

I would like to see any contributions of big money to political campaigns on either side be made illegal

I would like to see any contributions of big money to political campaigns on either side be made illegal
Why not make it illegal for politicians and government to show favor toward any individual or group? If government had to treat all people equally under the law, nobody would have a reason to "buy" a politician... They wouldn't be able to get anything for their money, no tax breaks, no subsidies, no special favors of any kind. Problem solved... Why do you oppose placing the ban on government?

Werbung:
Why not make it illegal for politicians and government to show favor toward any individual or group? If government had to treat all people equally under the law, nobody would have a reason to "buy" a politician... They wouldn't be able to get anything for their money, no tax breaks, no subsidies, no special favors of any kind. Problem solved... Why do you oppose placing the ban on government?

just curious, how would you see this accomplished ?
what process could you use to ensure the showing of no favor ?

Back