Which home is safer?

Why do you people who love guns keep trying to force gun ownership on people like me who don't want them? Can't you live and let live?

Is that a joke?

I don't think there is a single person on earth who wants to force YOU to have a gun. BUT there are some who want to take th guns away from those who have them legally.
Guns laws have nothing to do with home safety, as I have stated, based on my own experiences. Are you people incapable of listening, or reading, except what you want to hear?

Gun laws restrict the use of guns so, yes, those laws have nothing to do with safety.

But the absence of gun laws allows people to have guns so the criminals are deterred from breaking into homes where there might be an owner with a gun.

Werbung:
The neighbors would be most interested if we had someone breaking into a home around here. Particularly if it made a lot of noise.

If you have that kind of problem, then you live in a much rougher neighborhood than I have ever lived in.

My wife once visited a family friend, a retired animal doctor, who lived on a fashionable part of Bourbon Street in New Orleans, with her parents, back in the late 60s. Vandals broke into their car while my wife's parents watched from the patio of this Vet's home, but he advised them that it was too dangerous to try and stop the vandals from breaking into their car. One is prudent to avoid such areas, if possible.

I didn't give you a strawman answer, but you people are trigger happy militants. I've never heard of anyone putting up a no guns here sign, so your example is a strawman. Strong doors and windows and a phone call to the police will solve the problem.

Never heard of a gun free zone? They post signs you know.

What we needed in that OP was three doors.

the one with the "I have a gun" sign. The one with the "gun free zone" sign. And the blank door.

The person with the blank door is safest because the criminal does not know if there is a gun or not and he won't accidentally kill anyone or himself.

I didn't give you a strawman answer, but you people are trigger happy militants. I've never heard of anyone putting up a no guns here sign, so your example is a strawman. Strong doors and windows and a phone call to the police will solve the problem.

Oh, btw, I am not trigger happy because I don't own a trigger and I am not a militant either.

I thought this was an amusing quote:

'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

If you saw the layout of my home, you would realize how useless a gun would be to me.
Even if I were inclined to own and use one, I would be trapped upstairs, in a cul-de-sac, with no way out, if they were also armed. They'd have every strategic advantage. All I could do is make it dangerous for them to go upstairs. They could loot the downstairs of my home with impunity, while I fumed away upstairs, helpless to prevent them from doing so, an easy open target as soon as I set foot on my steps to go downstairs.

Fortunately, that is not a problem, since forced entry and armed robbery are non-problems in my neighborhood.

The main reason people are arguing is that they don't make one safer is because they want to take away guns.

The NRA publishes articles about people who stopped home invasions every month.

Home invasions are very common. And the response time of the police is way too slow for comfort.

But if you are worried about the safety of guns in homes then don't have any in your home.

of course far more common is the kid getting the gun on accident and shooting someone, or someone getting drunk and useing it...but they never push that though.

They could loot the downstairs of my home with impunity, while I fumed away upstairs

Un-raped, un-assaulted, and un-murdered. Because you had a gun.

Those things are important to you, aren't they?

Then why did you so carefully leave them out?

(Some things never change...)

There seems to be some interesting conversations going on.

A question for Samsara...why should "assault weapons" banned? and what do you define as an assault weapon?

Question for anyone...Who should be able to carry a concealed handgun in public?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always slept, really-well....and, never had to worry-about fumbling-around (for a gun), when my English Staffy "Rusty" was on-the-job!!

Good luck dog you have there. Im more of a bird dog guy, who would roll over and want a bellyrub more than bite a human.
This just like my boy, Yoda.
english_setter.jpg

Here is the important part of my post though. Most domestic dogs are not much of an issue to someone who knows what they are doingwith most weapons. Not that having a gun is the end all be all either. Personally, and I think for %99 of gunwoners, they want to ensure a solid 2nd amendment because they are hunters and shooters. Not because they think anarchy is coming or want to do any humans harm. They dont desire them for criminal purposes.

We just like to shoot...its fun. Our guns are stored safely and used responsibly.​

of course far more common is the kid getting the gun on accident and shooting someone, or someone getting drunk and useing it...but they never push that though.

You make an interesting point. Also another issue that is very devastating when it comes to the unintended consequences of an armed society and that is the rate of suicide by firearm.

But again, that goes with responsible gun ownership. The same thing could be said in your argument against automobiles.
Its all fine until someone who should not have them get thiers hand on guns, or any other potentially dangerous items.

One point being missed here is that attacks on homes by armed burglars are much more rare than NRA or Acorn would have us believe. Such a thing, although truly frightening, has never happened to anyone that I have known personally. Almost all homes go unbuglarized for years at a stretch, and when they do get hit, it is by teenage novices, not well-armed professional burglars.

I have known people who commited suicide using guns, but no one can blame the gun for that.

I wish someone would come and shoot the deer which eat all the plants in our yard.

Werbung:
Un-raped, un-assaulted, and un-murdered. Because you had a gun.

Those things are important to you, aren't they?

Then why did you so carefully leave them out?

(Some things never change...)

With or without a gun, we would be safe in our cul-de-sac, because they would also be afraid to enter it if they knew someone was awake in it, since they would be a sitting duck if they entered it. Nonetheless, we could not leave it. We could shut the door and slide heavy furniture against it, without a gun, and they couldn't get in, and the poliice would have plenty of time to arrive before they even made the effort. Once again, however, forcing entry into our front doors or windows would be a loud, time-consuming, major effort and would required professional tools. If we had a burlar alarm, imagine the noise it would make.

The things that never change lie in yourself, Acorn.

Back