Which home is safer?

I lean towards Acorns side in this matter, we should all be allowed to own guns, I just don't see the need for an SKS to kill a squirrel. Does anyone really believe there is a need for the average citizen to own an assault rifle? I can do just as much damage with my Glock, my Taurus, and my Mossberg.

you can have what you want, my points is, its silly to act like guns is about fighting our own military and goverment...if we realy had to do that, it would be from within the army , in civil war, not with pistols and hunting rifles.

Werbung:
That's the classic reply frpom someone who is intent on increasing government control over people's right to own guns, and who is just looking for the right excuse.

is it now? I think its a valid question, and I have not said I was for he ban. I think that 99% of people have zero need for one, but that does not mean I say you cant have one. I also see Zero need for most people to drive a Hummer...

Oddly enough this just showed up today:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/01/arkansas.recruiter.shooting/index.html

Dude walked into a recruiting station, luckily with only a pistol, killed ONE person, injured another. When they apprehended him and searched his vehicle, lo and behold, there was an SKS! I wonder how many more people would have died needlessly if he had chosen the SKS over the pistol????????????????? Or maybe he was just planning on doing some squirrel hunting after he was finished at the recruiters station.......

Oddly enough this just showed up today:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/01/arkansas.recruiter.shooting/index.html

Dude walked into a recruiting station, luckily with only a pistol, killed ONE person, injured another. When they apprehended him and searched his vehicle, lo and behold, there was an SKS! I wonder how many more people would have died needlessly if he had chosen the SKS over the pistol????????????????? Or maybe he was just planning on doing some squirrel hunting after he was finished at the recruiters station.......

I heard her had a semi auto or something, odd he did not use it though. sucks regardless.

Well guess what, it turns out, according to a police report released today, the victims were shot with the SKS. The story yesterday said he used a pistol. Point still stands, I have never heard of anyone using an SKS to protect people from a shooter. Funny how that works I guess.

I wonder how many more people would have died needlessly if he had chosen the SKS over the pistol?

Probably zero. The SKS can't fire any faster than the pistol.

Note to people who claim, "There isn't any reason for people to own an "assault rifle": Is there a reason we should worry about your lack of understanding on this matter?

Well geee, let's see here, if I had a choice of 5 .38 caliber pistol bullets flying around or 5 7.62 copper jacketed (similar to M60 rounds) bullets flying around I think I'll take the 38's. Especially considering the 7.62's due to their spitzer shape (that would be the long pointed sabot style) have effective ranges over 200 yards, try shooting your pistol that far.

Considering you live in California where its illegal to own an SKS unless it has the original "fixed, 10 round" magazine, it appears as if we should worry more about your understanding of the matter.......

just so you know, if Bush sent the Marines in to Chicago...you can have all the rifles handguns, shotguns, and guns most people have, hell grab the semi autos and some full autos even...and guess when you don't have a Fing chance against the Military if they really wanted to do it. Unless you think pretty poorly of our military....

I agree. The best a militia could do would be to forestall a military takeover while other checks and balances had a chance to operate.

Since the military has grown so much more powerful since the inception of our country I suggest the creation of a new check to counter that new power.

Taking away guns while not replacing the constitutional check makes no sense.

How bout if the Pres. and each member of congress sits on a carnival dunk tank every 30 days and if enough people pull the lever he gets dropped into a vat of acid? :)

just so you know, if Bush sent the Marines in to Chicago...you can have all the rifles handguns, shotguns, and guns most people have, hell grab the semi autos and some full autos even...and guess when you don't have a Fing chance against the Military if they really wanted to do it. Unless you think pretty poorly of our military....

If the Marines were sent to kill large numbers of the U.S. civilian population and destroy their property, and those Marines knew that the reason they were doing so was because those govt didn't like those civilians owning guns and had decided that was the proper response... How many would walk up to this homeowner or that housewife etc. and pull the trigger?

If the Marines were sent to kill large numbers of the U.S. civilian population and destroy their property, and those Marines knew that the reason they were doing so was because those govt didn't like those civilians owning guns and had decided that was the proper response... How many would walk up to this homeowner or that housewife etc. and pull the trigger?
y

keep trying and you may even get the point at some point.....

The normal people are not going to fight the goverment, stop useing it like its a legit reason have your fully auto ar-15. It just makes you look like a nut with a gun with no logic and most likey mental issues... If we need to fight the goverment, the only way to have even a shot, is that the miltary or parts of it side with the people against it.

And if you just wan to hope that if i came down to it, the the army would just not follow orders...then realy what is the point of saying I need guns to protect from the govement when you just said they would not do it anyway...

I could care less if people with no mental or violant criminal background have guns....but if you want to keep those rights, a good start is not having all the gun owners make up dumb sounding paranoid black choppers and UN take overs Bull ...to make them look like retards.

Werbung:
Back