White House and the Econ...Republican version

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
1992-2000 good times, Dems in white house...but its due to Republican policy it is claimed,
2000-2008--econ goes bad....Its Blamed on Dem and Clinton's Policy....Bush and Republicans in white house.
2009..day Obama takes office...bad Recession is thrown on Obama ...Month in, its His Recession and Bear market now...

That seems to be the view of republicans....no matter who is in charge...if its good its because of them, if its bad, its the other guy....And if something good and something bad happen at same time...the good is them, the bad is Dems....

Werbung:
Some of my favorites in this regard, is the whole thing that Clinton didnt create the boom economy. But he did create the recession that was in the works when Bush took office. Then of course during the 2004 election, the GOP were screaming from the rooftops about how great the economy was.

Now there has been a decline since last summer and everyone wants to forget how much high fuel prices hurt businesses during 2008. Now the market is catching up, and then of course the tanking economy had zero to do with Bush, and its all Obama's fault.

Must make sense in someone's mind.

1992-2000 good times, Dems in white house...but its due to Republican policy it is claimed,
2000-2008--econ goes bad....Its Blamed on Dem and Clinton's Policy....Bush and Republicans in white house.
2009..day Obama takes office...bad Recession is thrown on Obama ...Month in, its His Recession and Bear market now...

That seems to be the view of republicans....no matter who is in charge...if its good its because of them, if its bad, its the other guy....And if something good and something bad happen at same time...the good is them, the bad is Dems....

Well, the right wing nut jobs are not representative of the country as a whole..they live in their own little world inhabited by followers of Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity and the like.

This is from a WSJ/NBC News poll released almost a week ago:

“When you think about the current economic conditions, do you feel that this is a situation that Barack Obama has inherited or is this a situation his policies are mostly responsible for?”

Inherited: 84%
Responsible for: 8%

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/03/03/wsjnbc-poll-when-will-it-be-obamas-economy/

http://www.thenextright.com/nextrig...rit-the-mess-or-create-it-nbcwsj-poll-numbers

And he was active in congress so his hands aren't completely clean either.
Neither are the dems who have had control of house/senate for the last 2 years.

What great things did the dems accomplish in their 2 years of power under Bush.

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Well the problem is, I tend to look at the causes of problems. I do not just do some simplistic Economy = Good, Clinton = President, therefore (Clinton/president)=(Good/Economy).

That might work for elementary school, but in College you start trying to establish cause and effect. In short, correlation does not equal causation.

Now if all of you wish to live in elementary school logic, that's fine. But don't expect everyone else to stay a 5th grader.

The rest of us are not interested in petty politics. I for one, am more interested in cause and effect. What actually caused the decline in our economy? Well there were two causes. One was "Mark-to-Market", which was a knee-jerk reaction to the Enron fallout. The other was the sub-prime loans crash, which was due to changes in the CRA of 1997 or 96.

Now at this point, I'm going make conclusions, based on the evidence. First, who pushed "Mark-to-Market"? Was Bush who did that? No. Who did that? The General Accounting Standards Board, under the SEC. Bush never signed that into law, and no legislation was passed about it. It's more an example of how it's a bad idea to have a group of unelected government officials in charge of national policy. They can screw up the entire economy, and there's no one to vote out of office for it.

So who changed the CRA? Bush? Nope, the CRA was changed during the late 90s to encourage minority lending.

Now unlike an 5th grade level conclusion based on correlation of who was in office when bad policy finely crashed the economy, I have made an informed conclusion based on evidence. If you wish to continue the elementary school, pointing fingers system of login, that's fine.

But it doesn't fly with me and anyone informed.

And he was active in congress so his hands aren't completely clean either.
Neither are the dems who have had control of house/senate for the last 2 years.

What great things did the dems accomplish in their 2 years of power under Bush.

Nothing. Nothing at all.

yea odd, did not get much done with a republican white house...odd.

It's not my view.

Recessions come and go on average every eleven years and they have little to do with who is in the white house. If the pres had the power to stop a recession then we would not have any.

Now, my view on what you wrote is that you provided no links at all and it is really just blowing smoke out your ears. We all know that there are people like Shaman who think all dems walk on water and all pubs are satan and that the reverse exist in the pub party. But it is crazy to say that this kind of view represents the norm for either party. Both parties have something to offer or they would not exist.

Werbung:
It's not my view.

Recessions come and go on average every eleven years and they have little to do with who is in the white house. If the pres had the power to stop a recession then we would not have any.
.....Except that BUSHCO needed one, from which to save us.

"Repeatedly, President-elect, and then President, Bush talked about how the economy was in trouble. Arriving in office following the longest continuous economic upturn in generations, President Bush seized on a stock market that had faltered some in the uncertainty following the 2000 Presidential election.

The "bad" economy, he talked about. Again and again. The "bad" economy.

You know what happened as a result? I can tell you from my personal experience, the CFO of the corporation I was working for called a meeting and said, "The President keeps talking about the economy being 'bad.' Now, things don't seem bad, but let's just hold off on any new hires until we see how this pans out. And, let's hold off on all non-vital purchases, just for the time being."

And you can see right there how simply the words of President George W. Bush started slamming the breaks of the economy.

This, of course, all snowballed."

:rolleyes:

We all know that there are people like Shaman who think all dems walk on water and all pubs are satan.....
Nahhhhhhhhh.....I leave all of the fairy-tales up to Jesus-freaks.

:rolleyes:

Back