Who do you think influence China the most in 2009?

sam001

Who do you think influence China the most in 2009?

Barack Obama?

Sino-US relations are among the most important bilateral relations in the world today. Obama's China policy is a combination of carrot and stick: from his accusation about China's fixed currency rate with the US dollar to his efforts to seek cooperation with China on carbon emission reduction and anti-terrorism strategy. Chinese mainland media focused particularly on Obama's decision to sell weapons to Taiwan on the eve of his acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Yukio Hatoyama?
The Democratic Party of Japan leader Yukio Hatoyama became Japan's new prime minister on September 19.
China-Japan relations have demonstrated a positive new beginning since Hatoyama took over office.
Hatoyama is welcomed by China for not visiting the Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo and and acknowledgement of Japan's invasion of China during the Second World War, a positive start to removing a long-standing irritant in bilateral ties。
Hatoyama's concept of "the East Asia Community" is the common goal he offered Asia-Pacific leaders

Kim Jong-il?

Starting in 2008, Kim Jong-il has reportedly been suffering from severe health problems and has made few public appearances. South Korean media have suggested Kim is grooming his son Kim Jong-chul as successor, while Western media have suggested the possibility of his youngest son Kim Jong-un

North Korea's nuclear development has long been a concern in the international community.

Kim Jong-il announced in April 2009 that Pyongyang would pull out of the six-party talks involving China and five other nations. One month later, North Korea conducted its second nuclear test.

POLL RESULTS:
http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/sh...1890#post21890

Werbung:
Not to make light of your topic...but I have felt that prior to the Olympics being held in China they were pretty happy with keeping their 'doors locked' to any and all outside influence...and then China saw the need to strut their stuff {technology/art/industry/construction} and then G.W.B. came a begging for loans to support his war effort.

Line baited and hook set...CHINA is all over us like stink on sh!t;)
We influence that country in ways that we probably don't even know, like sleeping with the enemy...just make sure that you keep them happy at all times! :cool:

Not to make light of your topic...but I have felt that prior to the Olympics being held in China they were pretty happy with keeping their 'doors locked' to any and all outside influence...and then China saw the need to strut their stuff {technology/art/industry/construction} and then G.W.B. came a begging for loans to support his war effort.

Line baited and hook set...CHINA is all over us like stink on sh!t;)
We influence that country in ways that we probably don't even know, like sleeping with the enemy...just make sure that you keep them happy at all times! :cool:

I really can't understand what you meant here!
Can you explain it to me in detailsl, please?
Thanks!

The topic is too broad.. Who do you think influenced the US the most in 2009? Tiger Woods if you are talking about golf!

Personally, I think China is benefiting greatly under the leadership of President Hu. China clearly seems to be the master of its own fates, considering the progress it has made since Mao died. I don't think any external forces have had a significant impact on China's foreign policy, economic policy, etc. The leadership is clearly on a path of its own making. Like the US, outside influences don't really impact the direction of the country.

I really can't understand what you meant here!
Can you explain it to me in detailsl, please?
Thanks!

1. given the examples that you posted; I would have no clue since I do not read/have access to any thing that is telecast/media generated/news print allowed in the interior of CHINA.
2. so I can only base my opinion off of the limited information that I have had access to Prior years to the Olympics: - Zip/NADA/NONE/very minuscule information! The year before the Olympics: wondrous panoramic vista views of the landscape/the new technology for architecture/human rights issues/smog/restrooms sans any hand washing sinks/public access to & from the Olympic villages/security for the event, etc., etc., etc.,
3. amazingly/scary/frighteningly alarming the amount of money that we owe our 'GOOD COMMUNIST BUDDIES' for the 2 wars that my prior administration got us involved in
4. now it would appear that our COMMUNIST ENEMY #1 has us right in their back pocket {as to where the bill fold is kept} so that we will be shackled/handcuffed/censored as to just how far we can/will lean on CHINA for any human rights/nuclear issues that may arise in the next several generations {or until the BILLIONS of dollars are paid back in full}

Hope that that all helped and made it as clear as mud for your reading pleasure ;)

1. given the examples that you posted; I would have no clue since I do not read/have access to any thing that is telecast/media generated/news print allowed in the interior of CHINA.
2. so I can only base my opinion off of the limited information that I have had access to Prior years to the Olympics: - Zip/NADA/NONE/very minuscule information! The year before the Olympics: wondrous panoramic vista views of the landscape/the new technology for architecture/human rights issues/smog/restrooms sans any hand washing sinks/public access to & from the Olympic villages/security for the event, etc., etc., etc.,
3. amazingly/scary/frighteningly alarming the amount of money that we owe our 'GOOD COMMUNIST BUDDIES' for the 2 wars that my prior administration got us involved in
4. now it would appear that our COMMUNIST ENEMY #1 has us right in their back pocket {as to where the bill fold is kept} so that we will be shackled/handcuffed/censored as to just how far we can/will lean on CHINA for any human rights/nuclear issues that may arise in the next several generations {or until the BILLIONS of dollars are paid back in full}

Hope that that all helped and made it as clear as mud for your reading pleasure ;)

Thanks very much!

Thanks very much!

I must say, with the very limited information that ASPCA4EVER presented, and the support that you offered, you both should be ashamed of your ignorance and your willingness to make broad judgments based on stereotypes typical of the Cold War era.

I think you will find the web site Asia Times a fairly complete insight into what is happening in China. It may not be totally balanced, but few news sites are. They also host a discussion forum where both sides many issues relating to China are thoroughly debated.

Also, if you had made the effort to look for programing on cable new networks about China, you would discover the free press has been able to move around China fairly freely and quite often are able to get uncensored reports to the entire world.

To drag up the word Communism and use it as a scare tactic is patently wrong. Communism as Karl Marx envisioned it, and the way Mao Tse-Tung implemented it in China is dead. Except for holding nuclear weapons, China has never been a direct threat to the US or any other country in the world in the last 40 years. It has never sent troops into a foreign country since the Korean War.

The one possible exception to this statement is the on-going turf battle they have with Taiwan. That issue is compounded by the fact that 95% of the people living in Taiwan have ancestral roots in China and the sentiments of the Taiwanese people are constantly changing whether they want to independent or become a regional Autonomous territory, similar to Hong Kong.

With regard to the money China holds in US Treasury Bills, this money in no way "shackled/handcuffed/censored" the US policy or spectrum of options for the United States. Here is the reason:
If China were to even hint that they wanted to pull its money out of the US, the borrowing cost for Treasury Bills would jump dramatically. This would result in inflation and the sudden decline in the value of the dollar on a world wide basis.

In essence, China's actions would be pushing down the value of the money invested in the US. China would have to be an idiot to do that.

Second, China still needs the US as a primary importer of its goods. If the US economy is weak, the ripple effect will be to make China weaker.

Also, the US is an important foreign investor in China. US companies provide the technology and the "brains" that keep Chinese industry competitive. Of course, China's low labor rates also help. However, if China cannot obtain the latest manufacturing technology from the US, China would never be able to compete in the world.

For example, modern machines are necessary to cut, sew and manufacture clothing. If China were still using old fashioned sewing machines, they could never compete in the global market, regardless of how cheap the labor might be.

China can only exist in the world as long as it keeps a symbiotic relationship with the US. Conversely, the US could never exist in the world if it had to manufacture underwear, socks, etc. using US labor. A pair of socks would cost $25.00!

No question China has a lot of human rights issues (ie, lack of free speech, no democracy, no freedom of religion, etc.) With about 800,000 poor, uneducated poor peasants it is impossible to make sure everyone gets a fair deal.

China has a long way to go before it can ever earn the respect of the US, no question. On the other hand, China in no way holds a death grip on the US and in no way posses a treat to the US on the economic front, the military front, or any other way, shape or form. To think otherwise is paranoia.

HOBO1 SAID: I must say, with the very limited information that ASPCA4EVER presented, and the support that you offered, you both should be ashamed of your ignorance and your willingness to make broad judgments based on stereotypes typical of the Cold War era.

Seems you have some 'DEEP SEATED ISSUES' and you may need specific help with those ISSUES...none on here are certified to provide to you!!!

Oh, some will surely rush to your aide and offer assistance but the WWW being what it is...WHO YOU GONNA BELIEVE HAS YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART...

But I digress, and I just wanted to say; He asked a question and I answered it in MY OPINION...don't like what I said fine...I really could give a ROYAL RATS A$$ either way...cause in the long run of life...you are nothing but a nanosecond of dust on my monitor ;)

Seems you have some 'DEEP SEATED ISSUES' and you may need specific help with those ISSUES...none on here are certified to provide to you!!!

Oh, some will surely rush to your aide and offer assistance but the WWW being what it is...WHO YOU GONNA BELIEVE HAS YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART...

But I digress, and I just wanted to say; He asked a question and I answered it in MY OPINION...don't like what I said fine...I really could give a ROYAL RATS A$$ either way...cause in the long run of life...you are nothing but a nanosecond of dust on my monitor ;)

Of course, it is your right and priviledge to stay ignorant. I was responding to two posts in the hopes of providing both of you with a glimmer of knowledge. I can see my effort fell on deaf ears.

BTW, if anything appeared on your monitor for only a nanosecond, it would happen so fast that the human eye and brain would be never even see it. Even your metaphors are faulty. I am truly sorry for you. With your intellect an your insulting attitude, you will have a hard time in life.

Of course, it is your right and priviledge to stay ignorant. I was responding to two posts in the hopes of providing both of you with a glimmer of knowledge. I can see my effort fell on deaf ears.

BTW, if anything appeared on your monitor for only a nanosecond, it would happen so fast that the human eye and brain would be never even see it. Even your metaphors are faulty. I am truly sorry for you. With your intellect an your insulting attitude, you will have a hard time in life.

YOU STARTED THIS:I must say, with the very limited information that ASPCA4EVER presented, and the support that you offered, you both should be ashamed of your ignorance and your willingness to make broad judgments based on stereotypes typical of the Cold War era.

But thank you for providing me with a chuckle about your angst and ATTITUDE...can't handle the heat in the kitchen then don't pretend to be a CHEF ;)

So allow me to turn the tables and ask you.

Do you live/work/commute into and out of China...if so how have things changed from pre-Olympic to post-Olympics! And if there isn't any change then just tell me that I'm way off target and I'll understand!

Yes, in fact, i am a Chinese. I studied here and worked here too.
China is not bad indeed.
You can come to China to have a look if you don't believe it.
Besides, I think this referrence below can help you to know more about the real China.

http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/index.php

Yes, in fact, i am a Chinese. I studied here and worked here too.
China is not bad indeed.
You can come to China to have a look if you don't believe it.
Besides, I think this referrence below can help you to know more about the real China.

http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/index.phphttp://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/index.php

Oh, indeed, I would love to do exactly that some day before I pass away...fascinating history, country and scenic wonders that would just fill my heart with much pleasure.

I have a good friend who flies in and out of there doing work and his wife just despises the entire country {her loss believe me...you would have to know her to understand her closed mind} but he loves the people/country/cuisine!

Keeping a populous increasingly demanding a US standard of living happy will keep the Chinese leadership busy for a long time. I think that is more important to them than anything any foreign power is doing.

I've always been on the side of the Chinese people, which for most of my life meant opposition to their communist leadership. To call the current bunch "communist" is a disservice. I'm not really sure how you'd classify them, but it seems the best thing to do now is sit back and watch how things develop. People who have a taste of freedom and prosperity have traditionally demanded more say over their lives. It's that whole "Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs" phenomena--What a man can be, he must be! How the current leaders in China deal with this will be interesting to watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Werbung:
Back