Who from history would you invite to dinner?

Werbung:
Yeah, Gordon and Shughart were the snipers that died protecting Michael Durant. I've met Durant before, and to hear him talk about the events is extremely inspiring. Honestly, I'd consider them to be the greatest heroes of this generation.

I've seen Durant on the history channel a while back. I remember him saying that he wished Clinton would've allowed them to go back into Mogadishu and "bomb the whole damn city until it there was nothing left but a damn table with Aidid cowering underneath it".

Call him what you want, but Saddam was a man, a real man. One of the last.

Because real men gas innocent civilians if somebody tries to kill you. And if he was so unafraid of death, what was he doing hiding in some little spider hole, filthy and ragged, when our guys found him? He was hiding like a coward.

Because real men gas innocent civilians if somebody tries to kill you. And if he was so unafraid of death, what was he doing hiding in some little spider hole, filthy and ragged, when our guys found him? He was hiding like a coward.

Sure, Saddam was a killer. Don't you get it by now? In a place like Iraq, killing is how you run things. Sure, Saddam boosted his clan, his people; you think Sadr's goons are going to be any less vicious about boosting their tribe? They're not off to a very good start, promoting interfaith cooperation by torturing Sunnis to death and stacking their stinking corpses in old trucks dropped off at the nearest bus stop.

Blaming Saddam for being what he was is like blaming a rattlesnake for killing. That's how it lives. Saddam was right for Iraq the way a Sidewinder is right for the Mojave. The NeoCons scared us by shaking his fangs in our faces, as if Saddam planned to bite every single commuter in LA, when all he wanted to do was stay alive and in power, because those were the same thing for him, in the Iraqi desert, where everything stings, sticks or bites. We may as well have gone on a crusade to wipe out all the snakes and spiders in the desert for being what they are. Only difference is, we wouldn't have lost over 3000 soldiers that way.

Until we hooked him out of his burrow, the only thing Saddam had really done to America has hand us our most glorious victory since Inchon, in Gulf War I. He was like a lot of Third-World rulers: great at internal security but hopeless at conventional war. Like a rattler, he was totally harmless to anybody with the brains God gave a stray dog.

Meaning, anybody but Bush and Cheney, and you it seems.

Sure, Saddam was a killer. Don't you get it by now? In a place like Iraq, killing is how you run things. Sure, Saddam boosted his clan, his people; you think Sadr's goons are going to be any less vicious about boosting their tribe? They're not off to a very good start, promoting interfaith cooperation by torturing Sunnis to death and stacking their stinking corpses in old trucks dropped off at the nearest bus stop.

Blaming Saddam for being what he was is like blaming a rattlesnake for killing. That's how it lives. Saddam was right for Iraq the way a Sidewinder is right for the Mojave. The NeoCons scared us by shaking his fangs in our faces, as if Saddam planned to bite every single commuter in LA, when all he wanted to do was stay alive and in power, because those were the same thing for him, in the Iraqi desert, where everything stings, sticks or bites. We may as well have gone on a crusade to wipe out all the snakes and spiders in the desert for being what they are. Only difference is, we wouldn't have lost over 3000 soldiers that way.

Until we hooked him out of his burrow, the only thing Saddam had really done to America has hand us our most glorious victory since Inchon, in Gulf War I. He was like a lot of Third-World rulers: great at internal security but hopeless at conventional war. Like a rattler, he was totally harmless to anybody with the brains God gave a stray dog.

It kind of scares me that you're starting to make sense.

Good post!!!!

I would have to say, either Robert F. Kennedy or Winston Churchill, both great men, and two of my personal heroes.

I'd invite Tubby Taft.
You know he's not a picky eater, and I just hate it when I invite someone over, cook them a meal, and they are too picky to eat it. I just think its the most rude thing you can do while in someone elses house.

I'd invite Tubby Taft.
You know he's not a picky eater, and I just hate it when I invite someone over, cook them a meal, and they are too picky to eat it. I just think its the most rude thing you can do while in someone elses house.

LOL.

The picky eater part cracked me up.

:D

see if i had my meeting with Nikola Tesla
you ALL would be using FREE electricity which i would have taught you all how to get

I'm guessing you mean the Kent State student, not the bluegrass singer. Thats too bad, I'm a fan of the second one, but not the first.

I was referring to the Kent State student. She was extremely intelligent and had wonderful insight.

Werbung:
Back