Who will be watching Obama's 30 Min infomercial

Who ever watches, better have a barf bag handy. Don't want anyone to mess up their sofa.

Werbung:
A final push in most expensive campaign
Obama presses edge over McCain in funding from the Boston Globe 10/30/08

An unprecedented $64 million worth of television ads in just the final week of the race will put an exclamation point on the most expensive presidential campaign in history.

Republican John McCain, bolstered by about $18 million in late spending by the Republican National Committee, will hold his own against Democrat Barack Obama on the airwaves in the closing days. But over the course of the long campaign, the Obama operation will have spent more than $100 million more than McCain and the RNC on TV ads, according to data compiled for the Obama campaign and reviewed by the Globe.

Data compiled by Obama's campaign show that by Election Day, Obama will have outspent McCain and the RNC, $278 million to $176 million on broadcast and cable TV, including $3 million for last night's 30-minute infomercial on seven national television networks.

Obama, the first major party candidate to forgo public funding since the post-Watergate reform law went into effect in 1976, has smashed fund-raising records, :confused:taking in more than $600 million during the campaign, :rolleyes:including the primary campaign, almost all from individual donors. McCain has raised $358 million, including $84.1 million in public funds for the last two months of the general election. McCain counted on national party money to help offset the Obama financial onslaught.

maybe we boycott all he advertisers of that 1/2 hour.
There were no commercial breaks during Obama's 30 minute presentation.
Frolicking Dino,

He's gonna promise you the sun, the moon and the stars and while you're listening to his flowery vagueness, ask yourself this question: "How is he going to pay for all that?"

Then, once you tally up the cost of his proposals and look at his expected revenue, compare that to actual, historical revenues that resulted from such policies.

He's gonna spend more money than Bush ever dreamed possible.
He actually addressed funding and revenue in the presentation - and Obama's plan makes far more sense than what McCain is proposing. Over all, Obama's talk about funding, costs, revenues and planning throughout this campaign have been far more forthright than McCain's IMO.

Unless McCain plans to continue the 'live on credit' policies of GWB (not indefinitely sustainable), his plan to cut taxes across the board while increasing our military burden and extending our dependence on oil for years will lead to ruin. Our infrastructure maintainability and social service delivery systems will be cut dramatically- so dramatically that we will begin to resemble deteriorating Russia during the cold war years. Our global standing in the world will continue to decrease along with our health care system, educational system and the value of the dollar. Ultimately, our economy will collapse as Russia's did.

I taped it on my dvr then when I went back to watch it I got bart simson. I know I taped it correctly and the dvr said it was the obama program but it had the last half a minute telling everyone to go vote and biden at his side then went to bart

i guess i was not meant to see it after all :)

There were no commercial breaks during Obama's 30 minute presentation.He actually addressed funding and revenue in the presentation - and Obama's plan makes far more sense than what McCain is proposing. Over all, Obama's talk about funding, costs, revenues and planning throughout this campaign have been far more forthright than McCain's IMO.

Unless McCain plans to continue the 'live on credit' policies of GWB (not indefinitely sustainable), his plan to cut taxes across the board while increasing our military burden and extending our dependence on oil for years will lead to ruin. Our infrastructure maintainability and social service delivery systems will be cut dramatically- so dramatically that we will begin to resemble deteriorating Russia during the cold war years. Our global standing in the world will continue to decrease along with our health care system, educational system and the value of the dollar. Ultimately, our economy will collapse as Russia's did.

I heard he described America as pretty bad off like great depression off
and is it true that he said if you make less than 200k you will not see your taxes raised?

and is it true that he said if you make less than 200k you will not see your taxes raised?
He said that America is facing the worst financial crisis since the depression - not that America was in as bad shape as during the depression.

He said that a family making less than $200,000 would not see a tax increase (I'm assuming this amount would be lower for a single)

I will try to find a Youtube of both statements to let you see exactly what was said with tone, inflictions and gestures so you can decide for yourself what was said.

Exactly WHO will get taxed has CHANGED throughout the campaign!

Biden stated ANYONE ABOVE $150k

There are MANY who reviewed obama's plan and he will have to raise taxes for any combined household of $75K and above.

The number keeps dropping.

Everyone who votes for this idiot and then gets slapped with additional taxes so the lazy, entitlement syndrome losers can live off of you, deserve it!

I suggest you start listening at minute 4.09 and continue until at least minute 5. Both quotes are in this segment.

BTW, the exact quote about $200,000 taxation is "any working family"

It's pretty much like this..a tax cut for those making less than 200K a year and those who make 200K through 250k, get no tax increase. Those making more than 250k are going to start paying a bit more, including on capital gains. McCain also wants to cut corporate taxes.... which is why we have so many fat cats that have jumped on the Obama hate wagon.

The main thing NO, according to Obama, you personally will see a tax cut. Now we can all argue over whether he will follow through with all this but I'm willing to give him a chance and take him at his word. You can read more about their respective tax plans at the link.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1031268,CST-NWS-tax30.article

He said that America is facing the worst financial crisis since the depression - not that America was in as bad shape as during the depression.

He said that a family making less than $200,000 would not see a tax increase (I'm assuming this amount would be lower for a single)

I will try to find a Youtube of both statements to let you see exactly what was said with tone, inflictions and gestures so you can decide for yourself what was said.

There are two tax calculators out there that I know of comparing Obama's tax plan with JM's.

Obama's calculator says that I will recieve about $1400 more back as a check to me whereas JM will only give me $400 back.

Politicfact, which is not completely unbiased says that the calculator is simplistic but more or less not dishonest. They did note that M's plan increases the amount I get back each year by $500 through 2016 and we all know that O is just waiting for his chance to raise taxes. in fact he already has plans to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire. And in the senate he voted to increase taxes on people earning $40k or more.

On the other hand there is a calculator put out by a tax watchdog organization which claims to be nonpartisan and their calculator says that Obama would give me about $400 and McCain would give me about $800.

But then I started thinking...would I rather have $1400 and see the economy shrink enough that wages for all were stagnant, prices for all increased, and that the economic turndown lasted longer than it should? Or would I rather see the economy grow better and have a smaller check? it would be selfish of me to choose the larger check that hurt both me and others in the long run when I could choose the plan which was better for the whole country.

That same day my wife called from work, kinda giddy and excited, about the tax calculator. She asked my to look into it to see how much we might get. Obviously this is what sen. O is counting on. Personally I think it is despicable to pander to people and basically buy votes. O is giving to people with less by taking from people with more and clearly the cutoff is determined by how many votes he gets. At least M wants to cut across the board.

I think I'm in shock...from CBS, yes I wrote that right CBS!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/29/eveningnews/realitycheck/main4557520.shtml

Reality Check: The Cost Of Obama's Pledges
Web Exclusive: If Victorious, Barack Obama May Find Fewer Resources Than He Needs For His Campaign Promises

(CBS) This story was written by CBS News correspondent Wyatt Andrews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without question, the Barack Obama infomercial served as a very slick and powerful recitation of the biggest promises he's made as a presidential candidate. But the very bigness of his ideas is the problem: he seems blind to the concept his numbers don't add up.

Let's start with his highly suspect, and widely discredited, claim that he can find federal "spending cuts beyond the costs" of his promises. Very few independent economists believe he has identified the savings needed to offset his remarkable list of tax credits, tax cuts and spending pledges.

Fact: Even if you believe Obama intends to fix health care, most independent analysts say the cost is massive - $1.2 trillion over ten years, according to the highly respected Lewin Group. When the new Congress wakes up next year to a $1 trillion deficit, and answers the overwhelming new demands for another stimulus package, will the leadership really bite on a health care reform package that digs the deficit hole so much deeper?

And that's just the beginning of what Obama would spend.

Fact: The tax cuts he promises, which are mostly refundable tax credits (code for cash back), will cost $60 billion just in year one, according the National Taxpayers Union, though the Obama campaign's own estimates in July put that figure at $130 billion.

Fact: His new promise to give businesses a $3,000 tax credit for each new job created will cost $40 billion. But economists say this credit is far more likely to benefit companies already planning to expand and will likely not be enough to help companies create new jobs or forestall layoffs.

Fact: Obama's claim he will lower health care premiums by $2,500 is: 1.) guesswork, which is 2.) based on health care savings that might, in a perfect world, happen over 10 years - a fact Obama neatly glosses over.

Fact: Obama, when referring to savings he can make by leaving Iraq ($90 billion, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates), has spent these savings several times over, across several different promises depending on the crowd he's addressing.

Most of the time he spends the Iraq savings in the context of the roads he wants to build; sometimes it's for the teachers he wants to hire. Tonight, he riffed rhetorically on the savings, asking how many scholarships could be funded, or how many schools could be built. In the end though, presuming he really saves $90 billion, he can only spend it once.

Remember he also mentioned rebuilding the military ($7 billion/yr); his education initiative ($18 billion/yr); and his energy initiative ($15 billion/yr). He did not mention the $188 billion that he would spend on the brand new stimulus package he has proposed.

If he closes every loophole as promised, saves every dime from Iraq, raises taxes on the rich and trims the federal budget as he's promised to do "line by line," he still doesn't pay for his list. If he's elected, the first fact hitting his desk will be the figure projecting how much less of a budget he has to work with - thanks to the recession. He gave us a very compelling vision with his ad buy tonight. What he did not give us was any hint of the cold reality he's facing or a sense of how he might prioritize his promises if voters trust him with the White House.

There are two tax calculators out there that I know of comparing Obama's tax plan with JM's.

Obama's calculator says that I will recieve about $1400 more back as a check to me whereas JM will only give me $400 back.

Politicfact, which is not completely unbiased says that the calculator is simplistic but more or less not dishonest. They did note that M's plan increases the amount I get back each year by $500 through 2016 and we all know that O is just waiting for his chance to raise taxes. in fact he already has plans to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire. And in the senate he voted to increase taxes on people earning $40k or more.

On the other hand there is a calculator put out by a tax watchdog organization which claims to be nonpartisan and their calculator says that Obama would give me about $400 and McCain would give me about $800.

But then I started thinking...would I rather have $1400 and see the economy shrink enough that wages for all were stagnant, prices for all increased, and that the economic turndown lasted longer than it should? Or would I rather see the economy grow better and have a smaller check? it would be selfish of me to choose the larger check that hurt both me and others in the long run when I could choose the plan which was better for the whole country.

That same day my wife called from work, kinda giddy and excited, about the tax calculator. She asked my to look into it to see how much we might get. Obviously this is what sen. O is counting on. Personally I think it is despicable to pander to people and basically buy votes. O is giving to people with less by taking from people with more and clearly the cutoff is determined by how many votes he gets. At least M wants to cut across the board.

Calculators that were put out there by Obama. How clever!

Does he think that everybody in America are stupid?

Werbung:
You have to hand it to him. Him and the ones that have "bought" their boy to the Whitehouse have to be snickering loudly. You know the ones, Rev Wright, Farahkhan(sp?), Ayers and Kahlidi(sp?) and the MILLIONS that have been given by OVERSEAS. Gee I wonder who overseas is backing their boy to get him in the Whitehouse?? Muslims perhaps? We will all pay the consequences and I personally hope the bombs hits only the people who foolishly voted this idiot in.

The majority of Americans are being hoodwinked and haven't even realized it yet.

I didn't watch it and wouldn't waste a second watching anymore of the lying sack of ****.

He is smart, or perhaps its more correct to say conniving...or the ones that financed him are. Buying votes. Check. Cheating for votes via ACORN. Check. Not speaking to any media or Citizen for weeks now, so he can't be asked straight questions. Check. Lying and going back on his agreement with McCain to limit monies used for campaigning. Check.

He has used MILLIONS AND MILLIONS to buy the Presidency. WHO DOES HE OWE??? :eek:

Back