Who will be watching Obama's 30 Min infomercial

You have to hand it to him. Him and the ones that have "bought" their boy to the Whitehouse have to be snickering loudly. You know the ones, Rev Wright, Farahkhan(sp?), Ayers and Kahlidi(sp?) and the MILLIONS that have been given by OVERSEAS. Gee I wonder who overseas is backing their boy to get him in the Whitehouse?? Muslims perhaps? We will all pay the consequences and I personally hope the bombs hits only the people who foolishly voted this idiot in.

The majority of Americans are being hoodwinked and haven't even realized it yet.

I didn't watch it and wouldn't waste a second watching anymore of the lying sack of ****.

He is smart, or perhaps its more correct to say conniving...or the ones that financed him are. Buying votes. Check. Cheating for votes via ACORN. Check. Not speaking to any media or Citizen for weeks now, so he can't be asked straight questions. Check. Lying and going back on his agreement with McCain to limit monies used for campaigning. Check.

He has used MILLIONS AND MILLIONS to buy the Presidency. WHO DOES HE OWE??? :eek:

Who does Mccain owe? That's why I don't want him in office. I used to have a modicum of respect for him before he started kissing the right wing evangelicals' butts. Those people scare the hell out of me. He went from calling Falwell and Robertson "agents of intolerance" to completely bending over for them, including choosing Palin as his running mate.

Werbung:
I'm not a Palin fan. While I'm not crazy about her, I don't think she would cause harm.

The is the problem Obama. Obama's voting record shows what he will do and that is raise taxes. Whoever thinks it won't get down to the 45K level is only fooling themselves. He has voted 52 times for raise taxes.

The congress and house are going to be majority Dems. This is a recipe for DISASTER putting one party over everything. I've never agreed or voted to do this. WE NEED CHECKS AND BALANCES. Afterall, they are all politicians!

The only thing worse than a lawyer is one who is also a politician!

The fact is, McCain is not a far right politician. I'm with you on the far right. They are a bunch of assholes, just like the far left.

McCain is actually moderate. I'l like to see the Legislators and President all be moderates. I know. Wish away right?

I think I'm in shock...from CBS, yes I wrote that right CBS!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/29/eveningnews/realitycheck/main4557520.shtml

Reality Check: The Cost Of Obama's Pledges
Web Exclusive: If Victorious, Barack Obama May Find Fewer Resources Than He Needs For His Campaign Promises

(CBS) This story was written by CBS News correspondent Wyatt Andrews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without question, the Barack Obama infomercial served as a very slick and powerful recitation of the biggest promises he's made as a presidential candidate. But the very bigness of his ideas is the problem: he seems blind to the concept his numbers don't add up.

Let's start with his highly suspect, and widely discredited, claim that he can find federal "spending cuts beyond the costs" of his promises. Very few independent economists believe he has identified the savings needed to offset his remarkable list of tax credits, tax cuts and spending pledges.

Fact: Even if you believe Obama intends to fix health care, most independent analysts say the cost is massive - $1.2 trillion over ten years, according to the highly respected Lewin Group. When the new Congress wakes up next year to a $1 trillion deficit, and answers the overwhelming new demands for another stimulus package, will the leadership really bite on a health care reform package that digs the deficit hole so much deeper?

And that's just the beginning of what Obama would spend.

Fact: The tax cuts he promises, which are mostly refundable tax credits (code for cash back), will cost $60 billion just in year one, according the National Taxpayers Union, though the Obama campaign's own estimates in July put that figure at $130 billion.

Fact: His new promise to give businesses a $3,000 tax credit for each new job created will cost $40 billion. But economists say this credit is far more likely to benefit companies already planning to expand and will likely not be enough to help companies create new jobs or forestall layoffs.

Fact: Obama's claim he will lower health care premiums by $2,500 is: 1.) guesswork, which is 2.) based on health care savings that might, in a perfect world, happen over 10 years - a fact Obama neatly glosses over.

Fact: Obama, when referring to savings he can make by leaving Iraq ($90 billion, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates), has spent these savings several times over, across several different promises depending on the crowd he's addressing.

Most of the time he spends the Iraq savings in the context of the roads he wants to build; sometimes it's for the teachers he wants to hire. Tonight, he riffed rhetorically on the savings, asking how many scholarships could be funded, or how many schools could be built. In the end though, presuming he really saves $90 billion, he can only spend it once.

Remember he also mentioned rebuilding the military ($7 billion/yr); his education initiative ($18 billion/yr); and his energy initiative ($15 billion/yr). He did not mention the $188 billion that he would spend on the brand new stimulus package he has proposed.

If he closes every loophole as promised, saves every dime from Iraq, raises taxes on the rich and trims the federal budget as he's promised to do "line by line," he still doesn't pay for his list. If he's elected, the first fact hitting his desk will be the figure projecting how much less of a budget he has to work with - thanks to the recession. He gave us a very compelling vision with his ad buy tonight. What he did not give us was any hint of the cold reality he's facing or a sense of how he might prioritize his promises if voters trust him with the White House.

ah dont let facts get in the way vote for the hope of change

:)

we will worry about what the word change means later, when its too late

ah dont let facts get in the way vote for the hope of change

:)

we will worry about what the word change means later, when its too late

I have a feeling that the word change will mean; amending the constitution and making his presidency indefinetily.....

McCain is actually moderate. I'l like to see the Legislators and President all be moderates. I know. Wish away right?

I used to think he was a moderate. I used to have respect for him. But literally in the past 2 years (it's all about the election, baby) he has sold his soul and has capitulated to the right-wing and religious elements in the party. I think he learned a valuable lesson when he was steamrolled by the Christian right in S Carolina in the primaries against Busg years ago. This lesson taught him that he needed to cave in to that element in the party in order to get elected. As stated, he has voted with Bush and the Bush policies over 90% of the time in the last few years. I don't see him as centrist at all. The sad thing is that I see something in his eyes that tells me that he regrets not being "himself" and the maverick that he once was. I hear that Palin doesn't bother you, but she sure as hel bothers me. I don't like her seeming lack of any shred of constitutional knowledge and her stance on separation of Church and State. I don't want a president that doesn't believe in evolution and wants creationism taught in school. McCain is 72, and if anything happened to him, I shudder to think of her judgement in a crisis. She is an embarassment and after 8 years of an embarassment I'm tired of it.

I used to think he was a moderate. I used to have respect for him. But literally in the past 2 years (it's all about the election, baby) he has sold his soul and has capitulated to the right-wing and religious elements in the party. I think he learned a valuable lesson when he was steamrolled by the Christian right in S Carolina in the primaries against Busg years ago. This lesson taught him that he needed to cave in to that element in the party in order to get elected. As stated, he has voted with Bush and the Bush policies over 90% of the time in the last few years. I don't see him as centrist at all. The sad thing is that I see something in his eyes that tells me that he regrets not being "himself" and the maverick that he once was. I hear that Palin doesn't bother you, but she sure as hel bothers me. I don't like her seeming lack of any shred of constitutional knowledge and her stance on separation of Church and State. I don't want a president that doesn't believe in evolution and wants creationism taught in school. McCain is 72, and if anything happened to him, I shudder to think of her judgement in a crisis. She is an embarassment and after 8 years of an embarassment I'm tired of it.

McCain says that he has not changed. Given that the media used to intentionally paint him in the most postive light and now they crucify him constantly it is no wonder that your perspective of him has changed. If you still think he has changed then perhaps you can support your statement with a few examples. I think he is and has always been a very liberal republican who goes against his party at times (with the dems) but with his party at other times and sometimes against them all.

I think you are grossy misinformed about Palin. Everyone lacks a few details of knowledge about the const at times. Biden completely missed the role of the VP and he was running for VP. Palin gets interviewed for hours and then they show you the 6 seconds that she got something wrong.

Regarding separation of church and state, evolution, and wanting creationism taught in school you gotta stop believing every rumor you hear.

She has more demonstrated judgement than Sen. Obama who has never lead anything of significance let alone a whole state and she has demonstrated amply that she can have mainstream religious beliefs and not bring them into her job at all.

McCain is not Bush and certainly Palin is not Bush.

Werbung:
Back