Who would vote for Lou Dobbs for president or anything for that matter?

Pandora

Lou Dobbs Says He Now Backs Amnesty????? OK that was one of the only things that made conservatives like him and now he has flip flopped on it. I am going to assume to get democrat votes, but are not the dems mad at him for questioning obama? He says he wants to run for senate or a possible run for President... but who would vote for him? and why?

Below story from news max

In a little-noticed interview last week, Lou Dobbs announced that he now supports amnesty for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States.

Since he left his job as a CNN commentator two weeks ago, Dobbs has been bandied about as a Senate candidate in New Jersey. And now he is indicating that he might run for president.

But Dobbs became famous for his strong views on illegal immigration and foreign trade. Now that he’s a would-be politician, those views appear to be softening. Dobbs told Spanish-language network Telemundo he now supports a plan to legalize millions of undocumented workers, a stance he long lambasted as an unfair "amnesty."

"Whatever you have thought of me in the past, I can tell you right now that I am one of your greatest friends and I mean for us to work together," he said in an interview with Telemundo's Maria Celeste. "I hope that will begin with Maria and me and Telemundo and other media organizations and others in this national debate that we should turn into a solution rather than a continuing debate and factional contest."

Dobbs twice mentioned a possible legalization plan for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States, saying at one point that "we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions."

On Monday, Dobbs appeared on former Sen. Fred Thompson’s radio show. When asked by the former presidential candidate if he was urged to consider running for president himself and was indeed weighing a bid, Dobbs replied, “Yes is the answer.”

Dobbs told Thompson he was undecided about running for president but said he would “be talking some more with some folks who want me to listen to them the next few weeks.”

He later told a Washington radio station, “For the first time, I’m actually listening to some people about politics. . . . I think that being in the public arena means you’ve got to be part of the solution.”

It’s unclear whether Dobbs, who received an $8 million severance payment when he left CNN, would run as an independent or a Republican.

On Tuesday, Dobbs’ spokesman Robert Dilenschneider sought to quiet the presidential speculation a bit.

He told The New York Times, “I think Lou is realistically saying, that’s a long way off, but if he did run for office, there’d have to be an intermediary step, such as the Menendez seat.” He was referring to a 2012 race against incumbent Democrat Robert Menendez.

Dilenschneider said Dobbs was inspired by Republican gains in New Jersey this month and by President Obama’s decline in popularity.

Dobbs briefly considered a primary run against Republican gubernatorial candidate Christopher Christie, who won the election over incumbent Democrat Jon Corzine.

Dobbs has received the most attention for his strident opposition to illegal immigration. Menendez is an avid supporter of immigrant rights and the only Hispanic member of the Senate.

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved

Werbung:
The biggest problem I have with Lou Dobbs is not his ideology, but it is his background as a media pundit. I cant think of a single person I support that is a former media personality. Yes this includes Al Franken, and any celebrity that uses thier celebrity to gain office.
So...if the people of New Jersey want him that is his perogative. I dont think he would have a real shot at the White House. But 2012 is so far away, that I am hesitant to make that sort of prediction at this time.

well if he runs for pres...he would make palin look over qualified at least lol

See, I disagree, Lou Dobbs has a much better grasp on all of the issues. Sarah generally didnt bother much with lower 48 issues, and even less world issues. Dobbs has been in the game for a very long time and has a much greater grasp of them, from a variety of views.
I also think that he could explain his positions and the reasoning behind them much better than Sarah. While plenty of people will jump all over him because of some or even all of his views, he has individual reasoning behind them.
Whereas Sarah has long shown herself to be a simple parrot of national and international talking points for the GOP without knowning much behind the issue.
Just some thoughts. Im sure someone will point out that Obama is an African born Muslim who only hires Jews and is married to the ugliest First Lady since that tramp and secret commie Elenor Roosevelt. :cool:

See, I disagree, Lou Dobbs has a much better grasp on all of the issues. Sarah generally didnt bother much with lower 48 issues, and even less world issues. Dobbs has been in the game for a very long time and has a much greater grasp of them, from a variety of views.
I also think that he could explain his positions and the reasoning behind them much better than Sarah. While plenty of people will jump all over him because of some or even all of his views, he has individual reasoning behind them.
Whereas Sarah has long shown herself to be a simple parrot of national and international talking points for the GOP without knowning much behind the issue.
Just some thoughts. Im sure someone will point out that Obama is an African born Muslim who only hires Jews and is married to the ugliest First Lady since that tramp and secret commie Elenor Roosevelt. :cool:

Bunz you summed this debate up perfectly.

From the shallow national & international understanding of a Palin to the pure punditry of a Dobbs...

to your final "crack me up":D paragraph that all to often seems to be the actual silliness or worse mean spiritedness of some.

Kudos on a bullseye post.

Now Dobbs is for amnesty?

Isn't there anyone who is in favor of putting an end to illegal immigration? Anyone, that is, in Washington or even wanting to be in Washington? Anyone, anyone??????

Sound o crickets chirping. Somewhere far away there is a train whistle, and a dog is barking.

Otherwise, silence.

Isn't there anyone else who remembers what a disaster amnesty was when it was tried in the '80s?

what has he to gain to say he is for amnesty?

Libs wont like him, Indies are generally against amnesty as are conservatives

and no one likes a flip flopper

so who does he think is going to vote for him?

Elenor was a tramp?

I am not saying he is not smarter or she knows issues more then him....the list of people who fit that is huge....I am saying The Right cried that Obama did not have enough Experience....so would be hard to vote for a person who has never held office and claim experienced...maybe for a Senate seat but president and never holding any office? thats a hard sell...then again the Right is never that great on shying away from hypocrisy like that

Apparently so, back when I did watch cable political punditry, Dobbs was one I did watch, it seems to be a signifigant change of opinion for him. Immigration issues are not really on my radar. I think a big part of that, of course is that I am so removed from where this is a hotbed issue.
Isn't there anyone who is in favor of putting an end to illegal immigration?
Sure I am all for ending people coming across the border unchecked and the often burden of public resources that are used by these people. I dont think you and I will agree on the solution though.
Anyone, that is, in Washington or even wanting to be in Washington? Anyone, anyone??????
Yeah, they had the White House and both houses of Congress from 2001-2007. Not much got done despite having that as an original policy priority. As well as having every justification to take a bunch of measures against illegal immigration and national security. I remember Tom Tancredo making that a cornerstone of his failed Presidential campaign.
Sound o crickets chirping. Somewhere far away there is a train whistle, and a dog is barking.

Otherwise, silence.

Isn't there anyone else who remembers what a disaster amnesty was when it was tried in the '80s?
No, I dont remember it. I was a kid at the time(I know Im dating myself). Either way, back before I started to skipper my own boat, working as a deckhand at about 12 years old, my good family friend and Captain told me to never forget that you better seal up the holes before you start bailing the boat. Meaning we need to shut the borders before anything else.
Easier said that done of coure.

Also, I am not sure how else would be a prudent way to deal with people who are in America illegally but going door to door and in some of roundup that I hear proponents describe is not a wise idea in my opinion.
Stiff fines, and other measures would be the best in my opinion. Widespread deportation will be a long standing and deep scar on America.

what has he to gain to say he is for amnesty?

Libs wont like him, Indies are generally against amnesty as are conservatives
As I alluded to earlier, immigration is not a big issue in Alaska, for a lot of reasons. I know plenty of liberals here who have advocating for immediate deportation. While this may not be the norm for America as a whole, I think the overall immigration issue is one where, while it is spoken about on a national level, it really is a regional issue. I am sure there are more than a few conservatives who would like to maintain the status quo on immigration because it ensures them a cheap and steady source of labor.
and no one likes a flip flopper
I find it notable and many times honorable to be willing to change your mind when new information comes to light.
so who does he think is going to vote for him?
Now that is the 100million dollar question. I am sure he has a niche of ardent supporters who would support him in an effort at public office. The more important question is if there is enough of those people, and they are influential enough to persuade %50.1 of the electorate to support him.

It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if he made a successful run for Senator of New Jersey. The 2012 GOP Presidential Primary is gonna be a side show circus and likely an outright dog fight. But heck I have been wrong on so many predictions since I joined this site, who knows! I certainly didnt think Palin would get nominated, nor would she quit, nor did I think Obama had a chance.

Elenor was a tramp?

Thats up for you to decide.
The fact that she was born Anna Eleanor Roosevelt and married some guy named Franklin Delano Roosevelt might lead one to form some sort of opinion about the woman. You know about them commies and thier family values.

Thats up for you to decide.
The fact that she was born Anna Eleanor Roosevelt and married some guy named Franklin Delano Roosevelt might lead one to form some sort of opinion about the woman. You know about them commies and thier family values.

I think her marrying her cousin has a lot more to do with her being from old money than a commie. It was what the rich did to keep the money in the family.

Isn't there anyone who is in favor of putting an end to illegal immigration? Anyone, that is, in Washington or even wanting to be in Washington? Anyone, anyone??????

Otherwise, silence.

It is a problem.

They need to focus on eliminating the hiring of illegals. They can't stay if they can't get work.

Werbung:
It is a problem.

They need to focus on eliminating the hiring of illegals. They can't stay if they can't get work.

But it is so much more fun to build fences, and watch the illegals build tunnels under it.

That way, too, we can appear to be in favor of ending illegal immigration, while not actually doing anything to end it, and can blame the other party when they object to spending a pile of money on something that won't actually work.

From the standpoint of party politics, the fence makes a lot more sense than requiring verification of legal status in order to be employed. Why, if we did that, who would take those minimum wage jobs without benefits?

Back