Whose First Amendment rights were violated?

I'd tell my student, "You know, John? When the Almighty God created you, He never thought you were 'superstitious nonsense' while He carefully and wonderfully formed and made you. He created you for a good purpose; and loves you just as much as everyone else in this class."

Every student has the right to the truth.
that would be because of his lack of existence most likely...

Werbung:
I had a civ professor, at a public university. he told the class on the first day that if we want to do well in his class we needed a copy of the new testament. he managed to bring god into every single lesson. I felt violated.

so you did nothing, and let the teacher keep doing it. If you did nothing about it, then I can't feel bad for you having to deal with it.
lol I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I didn't feel sorry for me, either. (However, if you really, really want to feel bad for me, do so because I was raised by a church of christ preacher and his preacher wife). I could have submitted a complaint, but it would have been pointless. Its a public university, but its still in the south. He did this for years before I got there, and he's still doing it today.Not to mention he had 2 bit parts in "Last of the Mohicans". That almost made him a local celebrity, lmao. he was behind a cannon at one point, and he limped past a hospital room door. It was never worth sitting through that movie to see him in it.

This is the same school Sheryl Crow spent some time at as a music major.

lol I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I didn't feel sorry for me, either. (However, if you really, really want to feel bad for me, do so because I was raised by a church of christ preacher and his preacher wife). I could have submitted a complaint, but it would have been pointless. Its a public university, but its still in the south. He did this for years before I got there, and he's still doing it today.Not to mention he had 2 bit parts in "Last of the Mohicans". That almost made him a local celebrity, lmao. he was behind a cannon at one point, and he limped past a hospital room door. It was never worth sitting through that movie to see him in it.

This is the same school Sheryl Crow spent some time at as a music major.
I would have busted him up over it, over and over in class. because I was just always that way. And one or reason I love not being in the south..very little of that crap up here

I would have busted him up over it, over and over in class. because I was just always that way. And one or reason I love not being in the south..very little of that crap up here
lol That is a disadvantage to living in the south, definitely. I honestly didn't expect it to be an important part of civ class. But if living down here has taught me anything, its that I need to be extremely tolerant of everybody's religious beliefs. I am going to have to tell the old lady who remembers me from 20 years ago, "god bless you too, ma'am" The guy we buy ricks of wood from is going to talk about how hard his life has been because his handicapped daughter has no one but him, his wife died, social security doesn't pay his bills, so he's a 70 something year old working 12 hour days, and just trying to make it. And everytime he quotes the bible, and says "can I get an amen?" I am not going to get away with telling him "no". He deserves his "amen"s. he everyone of them. Along with the chicken soup made from our own chickens, killed, cleaned, cut, and cooked by me :).
I'm going to see billboards and pictures on t-shirts of jesus on the cross, with the caption "he loves you this much", even though it turns my stomach. And the worst is when someone recommends a business based solelt on the fact that "they're a good christian business!"

But I HAVE learned to be tolerant, so its worth it. In return for my tolerance, my children haven't been shot at in school, they live in the middle of town, and they don't lock their doors. My son is allowed to wander aimlessly inside his neighborhood. No ones ever gotten mugged and gangs are laughed out of town before they get anywhere. With kids, its worth the safety, the really good food, and the manners children are taught.

lol That is a disadvantage to living in the south, definitely. I honestly didn't expect it to be an important part of civ class. But if living down here has taught me anything, its that I need to be extremely tolerant of everybody's religious beliefs. I am going to have to tell the old lady who remembers me from 20 years ago, "god bless you too, ma'am" The guy we buy ricks of wood from is going to talk about how hard his life has been because his handicapped daughter has no one but him, his wife died, social security doesn't pay his bills, so he's a 70 something year old working 12 hour days, and just trying to make it. And everytime he quotes the bible, and says "can I get an amen?" I am not going to get away with telling him "no". He deserves his "amen"s. he everyone of them. Along with the chicken soup made from our own chickens, killed, cleaned, cut, and cooked by me :).
I'm going to see billboards and pictures on t-shirts of jesus on the cross, with the caption "he loves you this much", even though it turns my stomach. And the worst is when someone recommends a business based solelt on the fact that "they're a good christian business!"

But I HAVE learned to be tolerant, so its worth it. In return for my tolerance, my children haven't been shot at in school, they live in the middle of town, and they don't lock their doors. My son is allowed to wander aimlessly inside his neighborhood. No ones ever gotten mugged and gangs are laughed out of town before they get anywhere. With kids, its worth the safety, the really good food, and the manners children are taught.
Seems there are advantages to living among Christians, as long as most of them live their religion.

Seems there are advantages to living among Christians, as long as most of them live their religion.
Not so bad exposing people to love as opposed to tying homosexuals to fences in the middle of nowhere doing awful things to them then leaving them to die like they do on the great white north.

Werbung:
Not so bad exposing people to love as opposed to tying homosexuals to fences in the middle of nowhere doing awful things to them then leaving them to die like they do on the great white north.
That wasn't a very Christian thing to do, was it? Yes, exposing people to love does seem to mellow them out some.

Back