Why Americans Love Obamacare

OldTrapper

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...e-obamacare-plus-one-reason-why-theyre-gonna/

Once state health insurance exchanges take effect, and premiums for all Americans go down
external-link.png
, Republicans know the law will only become more popular and harder to repeal.

As Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said, “It's a lot harder to undo something than it is to stop it in the first place.”

Exactly.

Because just like Republicans railed against
external-link.png
Social Security and Medicaid and Medicare when they were first proposed, those programs are now highly effective and broadly popular parts of our social safety net — supported even by strong majorities of Republican voters
external-link.png

Americans of all political stripes like choice and competition, which is precisely what the ObamaCare health insurance exchanges will create.

So, for those of you who have been too busy criticizing ObamaCare for partisan reasons to actually look at what’s in the law — and see what Americans like about it — here is a handy-dandy review:

Werbung:
Some guy on face book is complaining that he was able to get on opened an account. He said his premium would be almost $600 a month with a $13k out of pocket expense. He figured he couldn't afford that, so when he pushed the opt out button, he got an IRS notice that if he failed to sign up he would be subjected to a fine up to $4000 and if not paid in 24 months they could extract the money from his bank account and or have a lien put on his property.

So let me get this straight .....

Obamacare is going to reduce premiums and become more popular. Despite the fact that premiums are tripling in most states and Obamacare is a driving force in todays high unemployment.

Medicare and Medicaid are highly effective ...... despite the fact they are going broke.

This opinion piece by Sally Kohn is nothing more than typical liberal spin and lies. It is not surprising that the sheeple would pick up on it.

Sally Kohn is a liberal lesbian activist .... a veteran community organizer turned pundit. She was brought into Fox News to attract more liberal viewers ... sheeples, if you will.

It is not surprising that her Fox News piece on Obamacare is of the same quality of something one may find on the regimes propaganda channel, MSNBC.

SallyKohn.jpg

Sally Kohn

Last edited:
So let me get this straight .....

Obamacare is going to reduce premiums and become more popular. Despite the fact that premiums are tripling in most states and Obamacare is a driving force in todays high unemployment.

Medicare and Medicaid are highly effective ...... despite the fact they are going broke.

This opinion piece by Sally Kohn is nothing more than typical liberal spin and lies. It is not surprising that the sheeple would pick up on it.

Sally Kohn is a liberal lesbian activist .... a veteran community organizer turned pundit. She was brought into Fox News to attract more liberal viewers ... sheeples, if you will.

It is not surprising that her Fox News piece on Obamacare is of the same quality of something one may find on the regimes propaganda channel, MSNBC.

Reality will never be faced by the teabagger piggy crowd. Now your going to support Medicare, and Medicaid, LOL

This is October, and my how things have changed:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/09/30/new-poll-only-one-third-of-americans...

Polls consistently show that Americans aren’t happy with Obamacare. They think the law will make health care more expensive, and decrease its quality. But a new survey of 1,976 registered voters finds that only 33 percent believe that the health law should be repealed, delayed, or defunded. 29 percent believe that “Congress should make changes to improve the law,” 26 percent believe that “Congress should let the law take effect” and see what happens, and 12 percent believe that the law should be expanded. The bottom line? Voters are skeptical that Obamacare will live up to Democrats’ hype. But they also believe that it should be given a chance to succeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...e-obamacare-plus-one-reason-why-theyre-gonna/

Once state health insurance exchanges take effect, and premiums for all Americans go down
external-link.png
, Republicans know the law will only become more popular and harder to repeal.

As Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said, “It's a lot harder to undo something than it is to stop it in the first place.”

Exactly.

Because just like Republicans railed against
external-link.png
Social Security and Medicaid and Medicare when they were first proposed, those programs are now highly effective and broadly popular parts of our social safety net — supported even by strong majorities of Republican voters
external-link.png

Americans of all political stripes like choice and competition, which is precisely what the ObamaCare health insurance exchanges will create.

So, for those of you who have been too busy criticizing ObamaCare for partisan reasons to actually look at what’s in the law — and see what Americans like about it — here is a handy-dandy review:

Here is my personal experience with the law so far. I have my own insurance plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield. About a month ago I got a letter stating that my premiums were increasing for the plan that I have. Fine. I figured they would increase and I was willing to just bite the bullet and eat the cost.

Two days ago I got another letter from them that due to the ACA the plan I was currently enrolled in was being cancelled (effective at the end of the year). I liked this plan...but I guess I don't get to keep it after all.

Now, they have stated they won't have any plans like the one I had for me to switch over to, and they are basically wanting to force me onto the exchange. Fine. They sent me some details of similiar plans that would be offered to what I had, and on the exchange they (Blue Cross) estimated to me that my deductible would triple. I have yet to see what my monthly premium might be, because the system never works when I try to find out -- but based on this track record I have low expectations that it will be going down.

So far, what Obamcare has done for me is lose me the healthcare plan I liked, probably triple my deductible and monthly premiums (which I would know if the system ever worked), and ultimately seems likely that it will leave me with worse coverage for a much higher price. How is this good for me again?

Here is my personal experience with the law so far. I have my own insurance plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield. About a month ago I got a letter stating that my premiums were increasing for the plan that I have. Fine. I figured they would increase and I was willing to just bite the bullet and eat the cost.

Two days ago I got another letter from them that due to the ACA the plan I was currently enrolled in was being cancelled (effective at the end of the year). I liked this plan...but I guess I don't get to keep it after all.

Now, they have stated they won't have any plans like the one I had for me to switch over to, and they are basically wanting to force me onto the exchange. Fine. They sent me some details of similiar plans that would be offered to what I had, and on the exchange they (Blue Cross) estimated to me that my deductible would triple. I have yet to see what my monthly premium might be, because the system never works when I try to find out -- but based on this track record I have low expectations that it will be going down.

So far, what Obamcare has done for me is lose me the healthcare plan I liked, probably triple my deductible and monthly premiums (which I would know if the system ever worked), and ultimately seems likely that it will leave me with worse coverage for a much higher price. How is this good for me again?

My brother in-law experienced much the same.

He works for a large hospital. For many years he had gotten his health insurance through his employer. It has a drug co-pay, deductible, and a few other restrictions, but it was a plan that worked for him and his family. He paid several hundred dollars a year via deductions from his payroll check for the coverage.

The employer just informed him that his plan is considered a 'Cadillac plan' and due to Obamacare, will be discontinued. He is being offered a new plan with much higher deductibles and his out of pocket cost is doubling.

This must be happening all over the nation. While I am sympathetic for my brother in-law (who has always distrusted BO and did not vote for him), I am not for those fools who voted for BO and no doubt believed Obamacare would be helpful to them. Screw them!

A post of mine from back in 2010.. I can not stop thinking about what happened in Washington D.C. today. I hope we are all astute enough to make note of today's date, March 21, 2010, because its the day everything changed. The effects of the passage of the healthcare bill may not be immediately apparent when we wake up tomorrow morning, but make no mistake, from this moment forward our country is fundamentally different than it was when we woke up this morning. This is not the begining of the transformation of our great land. The transformation has been underway for some time, but it is the day the momentum shifted in a significant degree away from the foundation laid by our forefathers under the inspiration of God. We will see, going forward, an acceleration of efforts to undermine liberty in our land, and history will record this day as the one when the crack in the dam became irreparable. In its zeal to "grant us rights", which it has no legitimate power to do, Congress has manufactured their own right to reach further into our lives and prescribe for us how we are to live it. Return to your seats and fasten your safety belts friends and neighbors, we're heading for some rough air.

I don't write this to be pessimisstic, although this certainly is one of the least positive moments since I became awakened to the need to take action in preserving freedom, but rather I write tonight to acknowledge and make note of the movement forward of troubles and challenges that are surely headed our way. There is an even greater urgency now for good men and women to awaken and stand firm in defense of the liberty we enjoy in America.Winning a war does not mean that some battles will not be lost and casualties and hardships will be avoided.

I watched news coverage for as long as I could stand hearing Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama celebrate what they deem a victory for the American People, even though an overwhelming majority of Americans did not support passage of this legislation. It was all I could do to listen to Pelosi invoke the name of our founding fathers and proclaim that she was carrying on the tradition they started and building upon their foundation. But, there was one thing I heard in the Washington gloat-fest that does ring true. President Obama stated, "This is what change looks like."
Looking back I must have been psychic...lol

Polls consistently show that Americans aren’t happy with Obamacare. They think the law will make health care more expensive, and decrease its quality. But a new survey of 1,976 registered voters finds that only 33 percent believe that the health law should be repealed, delayed, or defunded. 29 percent believe that “Congress should make changes to improve the law,” 26 percent believe that “Congress should let the law take effect” and see what happens, and 12 percent believe that the law should be expanded. The bottom line? Voters are skeptical that Obamacare will live up to Democrats’ hype. But they also believe that it should be given a chance to succeed.

I did a search to see what the poll results were. There is a new poll done by Newsmax and the most recent other than that one was done on October 17th.

Newsmax polled 1,694,675 votes and learned that 79% want full repeal, 16% want to keep it, and 3% want to keep parts. Additionally, 82% disagree with the supreme court decision. I am personally concerned that the article did not say they polled that many people but reported it as votes. Nevertheless...

http://www.examiner.com/article/latest-poll-shows-majority-of-americans-want-obamacare-defunded

Obamacare hasn't been popular with the masses since before it was signed into law.
Putting the country through this wringer is disgraceful, when 85% of Americans were happy with what they had.

The majority of people signing up qualified for Medicaid. They always had the option to get that insurance. The very few who fell through the cracks could have been dealt with, without blowing up the whole system. Obamacare is going to ruin the best healthcare system in the world.

Werbung:
Back