Why did Osama have to take out the WTC?

The world... makes it's sentiments clear with it's reception of Obama throughout Europe.

His reception? Obama began his trip through Europe by BANNING anti-Obama posters and protesters from the sites where he would be visiting. Prior to making his appearance at those sites, he sent out his propaganda crew to put up posters and hand out Pro-Obama literature and signs... So it would look good for the cameras.

Yet another Leftist wannabe dictator squelching the freedoms of any who would dare dissent.

Werbung:
Man, I wish we could get American liberals to be as honest about their beliefs as you. That said, this is an assertion, not an argument.

Re: bin Laden's designs for democracy, my understanding was that his goal was the establishment of an Islamic super-state. Insofar as that goal is undesirable, and bin Laden's demands were consistent with that goal, it makes perfect sense not to have agreed to them.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that it's generally never good policy to negotiate with terrorists, especially those with irredentist ambitions.

Incidentally, I agree, but almost certainly for different reasons. So what are yours?

No, Osama was a freedom fighter to his people but it's easy how the US sees him as a terrorist. One person's freedom fighter is another's terrorist. Only in this case the US had it coming and 4000 had to be offed. It's too bad there was no lesson learned.

Or was there? If the Dems take both the presidency and congress that will indicate they may be starting to smarten up.

And forget about american liberals being honest, they're still americans.

His reception? Obama began his trip through Europe by BANNING anti-Obama posters and protesters from the sites where he would be visiting. Prior to making his appearance at those sites, he sent out his propaganda crew to put up posters and hand out Pro-Obama literature and signs... So it would look good for the cameras.

Yet another Leftist wannabe dictator squelching the freedoms of any who would dare dissent.

Sometimes you get too ridiculous to even bother with.

Sometimes you get too ridiculous to even bother with.

Ignorance is no excuse... He openly admits to it, even on his own campaign site!

For security reasons, do not bring bags. Please limit personal belongings. No signs or banners permitted. - BarackObama.com

A little more,

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Berlin's Victory Column
JERUSALEM – Citing "security concerns," Sen. Barack Obama's campaign reportedly has banned signs and posters from a scheduled outdoor Berlin speech the German media is reporting may draw a crowd of 1 million.

The move effectively bans protesters from brandishing anti-Obama material at the speech, which is expected to garner widespread international media attention.

"Barack Obama forbids protest posters," reads a headline in the German daily Bild.

The article states: "Obama's organization is leaving nothing to chance. As of Monday, flyers are being passed out near [the site of Obama's speech] that read 'Posters & banners not allowed.' For security reasons visitors should not take purses or backpacks."

Obama brought his OWN campaign posters and fliers for the cameras, banned opposition, all in the name of Security. Isn't that what Lefties fear Bush having the power to do? Yet Bush has never done that...

No, Osama was a freedom fighter to his people but it's easy how the US sees him as a terrorist.

Again, this is assertion, not argument. I have to wonder if you're really as keen as you say you are about having a "serious discussion."

What evidence is there bin Laden wants anything like freedom? He is on record calling for the reestablishment of the caliphate, which was as brutal and aggressive a regime as most any other. What little freedom exists in the Middle East exists only because the caliphate was dismantled.

No Pocket, this is an attempt at a serious discussion. We know big money in the US doesn't care about dead people but they do care about big money losses. I'm just wondering if any Americans think this could have been negotiated with Osama. We know what his demands were and now in retrospect, could the US have acceded to his demands. For instance, could the US have left Saudi and stopped propping up the corrupt monarchy in order for the people there to finally strive to form a democracy?

And one of the other big issues, could the US have changed tactics with Israel and started to allow a policy of fairness in that country toward the Palestinian people?

Negotiate with Bin Laden? Do you have any idea what and who you are talking about? I just assumed it was a joke because you said to try to talk with him....a dude who has openly stated his will to Nuke the US and kill over 100,000 people. I honestly wounder how much you know about him to make such a dumb statement as Negotate with him. He is no Freedom fighter, no Che you seem to make him out to be. he is cares little for human life, unless you are a radical follower of not just Islam, but HIs Islam. You want to say American Policy its wrong in the middle east I can back you 100%, you want to say OBL is some kinda freedom Fighter who can be negotiated with, I am going think you need to go back and find out who you are talking to, or that you must be about as wacked out as he is , and thus pointless to talk to about it anyway.

One person's freedom fighter is another's terrorist. Only in this case the US had it coming and 4000 had to be offed. It's too bad there was no lesson learned.

Or was there? If the Dems take both the presidency and congress that will indicate they may be starting to smarten up.

Don't stop there, tell us more! You have such a knack for the English language, it would be a shame if you stopped portraying Bin Laden as a Freedom fighter, innocent civilians as deserving to be murdered and the Democrats as the party of capitulation...
GuinnessBrilliant.jpg

Really winning the hearts and minds around here... :rolleyes:

Innocent civilians deserving to be murdered? That's an interesting theory. Did the civilian population of Dresden or Hiroshima or Nagasaki deserve to be murdered? Some would say they did because they were the enemy and they had it coming. Others would say that any act of war must be limited to military installations. And then some will try to hedge the bet and say that all three of those were military installations.

I'm sort of divided on the question but I certainly reject the idea that war is ever restricted to military installations. And I appreciate the fact that Osama didn't have the military equipment to be able to attack the US and hurt it's military. I'm afraid that I have to accept the fact that he used one of the few means available to him.

And if he now uses a nuclear weapon on an american big city we are going to come back to the question of whether or not the US should have negotiated with him. In revenge for what the US has done in Iraq I think they will have it coming again!

If my characterization of the article was wrong feel free to point out how.

I've already told you that the article said more than what you wanted to claim it said. It matters little to me how you see it because it's quite obvious that one person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. I just gave you people the article to try to get it through your heads that you need to understand what Osama's agenda was then and still is. He was and still is fighting against the wrongs being perpetrated against his own people in Saudi and the US is a supporter of that tyranny. And we haven't even gotten into disucssing his grievances against the US for it's Iraq wars and it's onesided approach toward the Zionist problems.

USHIC, I'm not arguing your claim that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." In fact nothing I ever said even touched on it. How bin Laden and other Islamists view themselves is a matter of precisely 0 interest to me.

It is fairly obvious that he wants the Saudi monarchy overthrown. Everyone knows this. It is a logical prerequisite in establishing the pan-Islamic caliphate he's called for. That's not what I'm challenging you on. I'm challenging you on the belief that such a caliphate would be any less brutal, repressive, or belligerent than the current regime. Your response to that was to post an article that didn't refute what I said, and then call me an idiot when I pointed out as much. And this in a thread where you insist you want to have a serious discussion.

And we haven't even gotten into disucssing his grievances against the US for it's Iraq wars and it's onesided approach toward the Zionist problems.

Why should he care about ethnic Jordanians if he is merely a Saudi nationalist, hmm? You edge towards incoherence.

His concern for the "Palestinians" is motivated by his religious nationalism and his division of the world into the house of Islam and the house of infidels. That's all.

(BTW, if I were a petty little man like you, I'd point out all the typos in that sentence and then attribute them to stupidity on your part, as you are wont to do with others).

Werbung:
USHIC, I'm not arguing your claim that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." In fact nothing I ever said even touched on it. How bin Laden and other Islamists view themselves is a matter of precisely 0 interest to me.

It is fairly obvious that he wants the Saudi monarchy overthrown. Everyone knows this. It is a logical prerequisite in establishing the pan-Islamic caliphate he's called for. That's not what I'm challenging you on. I'm challenging you on the belief that such a caliphate would be any less brutal, repressive, or belligerent than the current regime. Your response to that was to post an article that didn't refute what I said, and then call me an idiot when I pointed out as much. And this in a thread where you insist you want to have a serious discussion.

You have acknowledged my point I wanted to make and now you are simply trying to make your point with suggesting that Osama is intent on a regime which is just as oppressive as what now exists in Saudi. It is your suggestion and thereby it's yours to prove, not mine to disprove. I also understand that you have to imagine the worst with Osama because of your American need to demonize him. And in fact you come off as sounding a little foolish in the first place to even suggest that you have any concerns about the plight of the Saudi people.

Why should he care about ethnic Jordanians if he is merely a Saudi nationalist, hmm? You edge towards incoherence.

Why should a nationalist not care about others when it is clear from the start that he has devoted his life to fighting for others and against first Soviet aggression and now US aggression. And for that matter it has about as much importance as you trying to prove what Hugo Chavez's motive is! It may matter to you but it doesn't matter to his people who are benefiting all that much.

His concern for the "Palestinians" is motivated by his religious nationalism and his division of the world into the house of Islam and the house of infidels. That's all.

Religious nationalism? That's amusing and you must tell me more. I recognize too that your continuing use of the word 'infidel' has a purpose but it is only serving your own purpose. And I'm not really sure what you even want me to believe about Osama's motive. Does it not suffice to say that he is fighting imperialist evil for a Muslim cause which he envisions as the choice of his people? And which incidentally makes him overwhelmingly popular in the Muslim world? And btw, who cares if Bush's motive is to advance christianity in the world as opposed to advancing US political and economic gain? LOL

(BTW, if I were a petty little man like you, I'd point out all the typos in that sentence and then attribute them to stupidity on your part, as you are wont to do with others).

You decided in the beginning to play a game of picking out typos and spelling mistakes. I merely saw an opportunity to pick up on it with you. But to try to say your mistakes were typos when some of them were obviously ignorance of proper spelling is a stretch. For example.

Woah, woah, woah from you when you were trying to say whoa, whoa, whoa. And then when I corrected you, you still didn't understand how you had made a mistake. Then when I gave you dictionary.com you still try to say it was a typo. You need to learn what a typo is my friend.

But more importantly, are you ready to stop that kind of behaviour on your part which started it all?

Do not call me a petty little man. It is against the rules! I have reported your post for that.

Back