Why do the dems need to sell the stimulus?

chestnut

If this stimulus is as grand as they say it is, what the hell is Pres Obama doing hitting the campaign trail.

He has to do town meetings to lie to the people.

Didn't he campaign to win the election? And didn't he win? He's got the house and the senate control.

Ahhh but the people are smart and are hearing about the crap in this bill and they know it stinks like horse $hit!

So out goes Barrack again. Man, the dems must really be scared that the people will lynch them or why else would B.O. being going out to the people.

And then on T.v. tonight. It just sounds like more brainwashing. I bet Acorn is helping him. Anyone seen or heard any activity of them handing out fliers or anything.

It is a joke.

Werbung:
To get the vote finished and won BEFORE the people can find out what's in it, and call their Congresscritters to stop it.

As detailed in another thread here (https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6696), the Democrats have included the bulk of what Hillary Clinton once proposed for government to take over health care in 1993. The Clintons made the mistake of publishing the entire plan in a book, and people called Congress in droves, telling them they wanted no part of it. The entire bill failed, and Dems got kicked out of Congress in record numbers the next year.

Now they're trying it again, sneaking the same stuff into a bill for a completely different purpose, and insisting that there's no time for "debate" or "bickering", we have to PASS IT NOW!!!

I was just listening to Hannity on my break. He was trying to convince, and yes I said "CONVINCE" a Republican senator to vote against the bill.

I didn't catch the name of the senator, but he said, he was going to vote for it. Everytime Hannity brought up the pork, the senator said "well, I'd like a different bill, but the economy is in shambles".

He did the typical political double talk throughout the interview. Basically the Obama/Pelosi body snatchers got him.

Quite pathetic!

If this stimulus is as grand as they say it is, what the hell is Pres Obama doing hitting the campaign trail.

Didn't he campaign to win the election? And didn't he win? He's got the house and the senate control.

Ahhh but the people are smart and are hearing about the crap in this bill and they know it stinks like horse $hit!

So out goes Barrack again. Man, the dems must really be scared that the people will lynch them or why else would B.O. being going out to the people.

And then on T.v. tonight. It just sounds like more brainwashing. I bet Acorn is helping him. Anyone seen or heard any activity of them handing out fliers or anything.

It is a joke.

I KNOW!!! It's amazing that a President of the people goes out and explains things to the people... I mean especially since we had nothing but a brain dead dictatorship for 8 years under Bush/Cheney!:D

The whole thing the Obstructionists Republicans are upset about is that the stimulus also helps the regular working people Democratic base and some of it's like minded businesses and not just only big wigs and Wall Streeters.

The stimulus will pass and that will be the first step toward recovery. It was good to see at least a few Republicans getting on board. It'll help stop the downward spiral. In a year we'll start seeing real results and in two things will be much better.

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7cpd5.jpg

I was just listening to Hannity on my break. He was trying to convince, and yes I said "CONVINCE" a Republican senator to vote against the bill.
That should have been like tring to "Convince" Smokey the Bear, to fight fires. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

I didn't catch the name of the senator,
Arlen Spector.

Basically the Obama/Pelosi body snatchers got him.
He was "got" long before Obama or Pelosi ever showed up. Been a RINO for many years.

BTW, Hannity did a GREAT job on him, pointing out just what kind of junk was in the bill, pointing out that it would do more harm than good, quoting the CBO, and telling Spector that his was the KEY vote: If Spector changed his vote, the bill WOULD NOT PASS, so Spector should have been in the driver's seat when it came to dictating what junk should be cut out, and good stuff (tax cuts) put in.

Spector basically said that since two other RINO Senators Snowe and Collins were voting for it too, his vote wasn't the KEY vote, so he was going to vote for it. A pretty disgraceful performance from Spector, but we've come to expect such from such leftist Republicans.

BTW, how much do you want to bet, that if Snowe or Collins were told that THEY were the KEY votes, they would say they were not the only ones, point back at Spector, and say that therefore they were going to vote for it?

I KNOW!!! It's amazing that a President of the people goes out and explains things to the people... I mean especially since we had nothing but a brain dead dictatorship for 8 years under Bush/Cheney!:D

The whole thing the Obstructionists Republicans are upset about is that the stimulus also helps the regular working people Democratic base and some of it's like minded businesses and not just only big wigs and Wall Streeters.

The stimulus will pass and that will be the first step toward recovery. It was good to see at least a few Republicans getting on board. It'll help stop the downward spiral. In a year we'll start seeing real results and in two things will be much better.

I cannot believe the ignorance of liberals, it's mind-boggling!

So, tell me, I haven't heard this president explain the pork that is in this bill. All I've heard was fear mongering out of his mouth. Try to explain that one liberal. Oh what? You can't?

I didn't catch the name of the senator, but he said, he was going to vote for it. Everytime Hannity brought up the pork, the senator said "well, I'd like a different bill, but the economy is in shambles".

He did the typical political double talk throughout the interview. Basically the Obama/Pelosi body snatchers got him.

Quite pathetic!
That was Spector Rep of Pennsylvania.

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7cpd5.jpg
He has to sell sell selll. It's funny. All the polls were down on the effects of the stimulus so he goes out and tries to smooze people.

They are all pathetic

It is a joke.

your like um special right? I can only guess that do to the fact that, all major plans get sold. And well over a majority support Obama on this 60%+, while I think it was 31% support republicans in congress on this...so maybe you guys should try selling your plan...of do what we did for 8 years and failed with

So, tell me, I haven't heard this president explain the pork that is in this bill. All I've heard was fear mongering out of his mouth. Try to explain that one liberal. Oh what? You can't?

I could, want me to talk real real slow for you? Wait we have, you just dont understand...Obama has not claimed it to be a perfect Bill, and some things that where pork have in fact been cut....and the crap you guys bring up is such a small percent of any of it....but its all you talk about....***** about pork, and yet support Bush for 8 years....thats a good one.

Quite pathetic!

we all know you would wait for the holy grail of perfect bills....so you would pass a bill 50 years later .....

It's funny when Conservatives get their butts kicked by BIG NUMBERS in two straight elections in a row because the American people got hip to the fact that all that fear mongering was just a Karl Rove trick... they whine and say the American people are just ignorant!:D

There's no fear mongering in our President telling us the truth that our economy is in the Great Bush Recession and if we don't want things to worsen and possibly become the Great Bush depression we have to act. This general idea of stimulating the economy with a combination of tax cuts (which President Obama already had campaigned on) and spending on infrastructure and other programs as well as helping the states so they don't have to cut even more jobs is a plan of action many top economist predict as having a high probability of working.

The whole idea is for the government to spend to save & create jobs in the short term as the weak sectors (financial & housing) rebuild themselves... and the tax cuts put a little more money on the streets as well.

It's much better than the, just stick your head in the sand and pretend things will all just work out fine on there own approach... IMO.

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7clw9.jpg

It's funny when Conservatives get their butts kicked by BIG NUMBERS in two straight elections in a row because the American people got hip to the fact that all that fear mongering was just a Karl Rove trick... they whine and say the American people are just ignorant!:D

There's no fear mongering in our President telling us the truth that our economy is in the Great Bush Recession and if we don't want things to worsen and possibly become the Great Bush depression we have to act. This general idea of stimulating the economy with a combination of tax cuts (which President Obama already had campaigned on) and spending on infrastructure and other programs as well as helping the states so they don't have to cut even more jobs is a plan of action many top economist predict as having a high probability of working.

The whole idea is for the government to spend to save & create jobs in the short term as the weak sectors (financial & housing) rebuild themselves... and the tax cuts put a little more money on the streets as well.

It's much better than the, just stick your head in the sand and pretend things will all just work out fine on there own approach... IMO.

iconator6ddd36579bf0f7clw9.jpg
a mere $13.00 per pay check. that's going to get a lot done.

The quickest way to get money to the people is cut taxes as suggested in the republican version of the bill. take 15% tax bracked to 10% and 10% to 5%. Let small businesses keep more of there money so they can keep people working.

It's a hard concept to beleive, but if the government is in control of money, they just screw it up.

Education
Health Care
Medicaid
Medicare
Social Security

they just don't know what the f_ they are doing. And it shows.

Notice.. When I say government, I'm including both parties that in government.

I may be a republican, but, before that I am an individual and beleive in small government.

Werbung:
a mere $13.00 per pay check. that's going to get a lot done.

The quickest way to get money to the people is cut taxes as suggested in the republican version of the bill. take 15% tax bracked to 10% and 10% to 5%. Let small businesses keep more of there money so they can keep people working.

It's a hard concept to beleive, but if the government is in control of money, they just screw it up.

Education
Health Care
Medicaid
Medicare
Social Security

they just don't know what the f_ they are doing. And it shows.

Notice.. When I say government, I'm including both parties that in government.

I may be a republican, but, before that I am an individual and beleive in small government.

Taxes did get cut, republicans voted against it....

Also Bush cut taxes, that worked out well .....

Back