Why is this straight Republican in favor of SSM?

That makes two of us who are confused, then.

If homosexuality is something that some are born with, and not a choice, then why would you post:

If it is something that they were born with, how is it unhealthy? Why would anyone just pretend it was OK to save their feelings? How can it not be OK?

If god made them that way, who are you to say he was wrong?

It's like saying that a child born left handed, or with curly hair is "not something that they should be doing?" It is not something that they are doing, but something that they are. Would you insist that they learn to use their right hand, or straighten their hair?

Sure, promiscuity is a choice, and not a healthy one. Homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it a behavior.

I'm really not sure just what your position is on this matter.

people who are attracted to just small children are born that way too but that does not make it right.

There are lots of feelings we are born with or at least have had our whole lives but it doesnt mean we act on them.

I mean if you do, I dont care. its not my business. But it is my business to tell my children I dont care how much you want some things, there are some things we just have to refrain from doing.

now if my kids grow up and do them its their business not mine, but as a parent with kids at home I have to teach them what i believe to be right and wrong.

Werbung:
PLC1,

Why do you think it is that people who have faith and believe what scripture says about sin are told to give up their faith and accept certian things that are named as sin in scripture as normal. In other words their faith is not tolerated.

but people who have no faith are never asked or expected to just tolerate those who have faith and allow them "without harrasment or judgement" to believe what their faith tells them?

PLC1,

Why do you think it is that people who have faith and believe what scripture says about sin are told to give up their faith and accept certian things that are named as sin in scripture as normal. In other words their faith is not tolerated.

but people who have no faith are never asked or expected to just tolerate those who have faith and allow them "without harrasment or judgement" to believe what their faith tells them?

because most dont even realy care...they pick and choose sins, and ignore the rest.

because most dont even realy care...they pick and choose sins, and ignore the rest.

Ill agree with you some pick and choose the things they want to find sinful.

But even still it is wrong to tell only one side of the argument that you must compromise and give up what you believe to be true but never ask the other side to compromise and understand that their ideas are not the only idea.

why is it that the tolerance crowd is always the least tolerent?

PLC1,

Assuming you're talking about Christian scripture, I don't remember Christ having a lot to say about homosexuality. He did mention "fornication" quite a bit, but most of his philosophy was about such things as not judging other people, loving our neighbors, and treating others as we want to be treated. I'm not sure that sexual orientation meant a lot to him, at least not according to scriptures.

As for people who are attracted to children, they are what they are, and have to be kept away from children for their protection. Males who like other adult males, females who are attracted to other adult females, don't pose problems for the rest of us.

I really think Christ would have had us leave them alone and not judge them.

Assuming you're talking about Christian scripture, I don't remember Christ having a lot to say about homosexuality. He did mention "fornication" quite a bit, but most of his philosophy was about such things as not judging other people, loving our neighbors, and treating others as we want to be treated. I'm not sure that sexual orientation meant a lot to him, at least not according to scriptures.

As for people who are attracted to children, they are what they are, and have to be kept away from children for their protection. Males who like other adult males, females who are attracted to other adult females, don't pose problems for the rest of us.

I really think Christ would have had us leave them alone and not judge them.

That might work for someone who only believed the few passages of Jesus speaking in the NT, and if it works for them great. Again, I am willing to tolerate those ideas from others.

I personally believe in all of the NT and OT and many other scriptures that did not make it into the cannon.

I am all for live and let live. The strange thing is I am not sure you feel the same. You do not seem very willing to accept my right to believe scripture on the matter and instead come back with how Jesus never said this or that as though its the only faith out there. And as many times as I have said in this thread and in others that I dont care what people do, the topic always seems to come back that I am the one who needs to change my thinking for various reasons from Jesus never said this or I need to be more tolerant

So, I will repeat myself again.

I dont give a flying fig if someone gets married to a cow, a goat a pig a tree or three of them all at one time or 2 chicks a guy and a goat. I dont care who you have sex with or live with. I supose I do draw the line at kids. I would want to protect kids.

all I am asking is that my faith is respected and tolerated as much as I am willing to tolerate others. I dont push my faith on anyone and I wont tolerate others pushing their beliefs or ideas on me and my family. I think that is more than fair.

but it does not work that way, we have gone round and round in this thread and I have said over and over that I dont care what other people do, I just want the right to believe in my faith and be tolerated too.

Twice you have come back with Jesus said this or that or Jesus never said anything about this or that as though what ever I have deemed valuable in my faith is not justified because Jesus personally never said one thing or another instead of accepting that I have a right to my personal faith that I will raise my family with, you

: Did you know that Jesus never spoke against beastiality either? Does that make it ok? If you think so then go for it, I really dont care what other people do, I only care what morals, values and beliefs I teach my family.

That might work for someone who only believed the few passages of Jesus speaking in the NT, and if it works for them great. Again, I am willing to tolerate those ideas from others.

I personally believe in all of the NT and OT and many other scriptures that did not make it into the cannon.

I am all for live and let live. The strange thing is I am not sure you feel the same. You do not seem very willing to accept my right to believe scripture on the matter and instead come back with how Jesus never said this or that as though its the only faith out there. And as many times as I have said in this thread and in others that I dont care what people do, the topic always seems to come back that I am the one who needs to change my thinking for various reasons from Jesus never said this or I need to be more tolerant

So, I will repeat myself again.

I dont give a flying fig if someone gets married to a cow, a goat a pig a tree or three of them all at one time or 2 chicks a guy and a goat. I dont care who you have sex with or live with. I supose I do draw the line at kids. I would want to protect kids.

all I am asking is that my faith is respected and tolerated as much as I am willing to tolerate others. I dont push my faith on anyone and I wont tolerate others pushing their beliefs or ideas on me and my family. I think that is more than fair.

but it does not work that way, we have gone round and round in this thread and I have said over and over that I dont care what other people do, I just want the right to believe in my faith and be tolerated too.

Twice you have come back with Jesus said this or that or Jesus never said anything about this or that as though what ever I have deemed valuable in my faith is not justified because Jesus personally never said one thing or another instead of accepting that I have a right to my personal faith that I will raise my family with, you

: Did you know that Jesus never spoke against beastiality either? Does that make it ok? If you think so then go for it, I really dont care what other people do, I only care what morals, values and beliefs I teach my family.

I'm not sure just what your faith is or what it's based on, but sure, you should be allowed to believe whatever you want, so long as you allow others to do the same.

I'm not sure just what your faith is or what it's based on, but sure, you should be allowed to believe whatever you want, so long as you allow others to do the same.

Yes I agree and I have repeated that over and over and over
and asked you a number of times why its so one sided.

Thank you very much for allowing me to have the right to my faith and religion but can you tell me why its always the religous person who has to learn to be tolerent of others and never the others asked to be tolerent to religion?

I gathered from the start of your thread and through every post you have made that you feel its the religious person who needs to change and learn to be accepting of others, but I have yet to see you say that others need to also learn to accept and be tolerent of religion.

I think thats strange and narrow minded. I could be miss reading what you are saying, if so I am sorry mabye if you re word it somehow like

athiests, homosexuals exc. need also to learn to be tolerent of the various faiths that disagree with their ideas and lifestyles as long as those people are not hurting them.

Yes I agree and I have repeated that over and over and over
and asked you a number of times why its so one sided.

Thank you very much for allowing me to have the right to my faith and religion but can you tell me why its always the religous person who has to learn to be tolerent of others and never the others asked to be tolerent to religion?

I gathered from the start of your thread and through every post you have made that you feel its the religious person who needs to change and learn to be accepting of others, but I have yet to see you say that others need to also learn to accept and be tolerent of religion.

I think thats strange and narrow minded. I could be miss reading what you are saying, if so I am sorry mabye if you re word it somehow like

athiests, homosexuals exc. need also to learn to be tolerent of the various faiths that disagree with their ideas and lifestyles as long as those people are not hurting them.

Absolutely, as long as those people are not hurting them.

I must have misread your posts to think you were not in favor of allowing homosexual marriage. Of course, when you lump homosexuality with adultery and promiscuity, it does make one wonder.

But, yes, we all need to be more tolerant of other lifestyles, cultures, and religion. Being able to accept others who are different from oneself is the hallmark of an educated person, after all.

Absolutely, as long as those people are not hurting them.

I must have misread your posts to think you were not in favor of allowing homosexual marriage. Of course, when you lump homosexuality with adultery and promiscuity, it does make one wonder.

But, yes, we all need to be more tolerant of other lifestyles, cultures, and religion. Being able to accept others who are different from oneself is the hallmark of an educated person, after all.

*shakes PLC1*

ARG!!! you are not listening!!!

Yes, I lumped homosexuality with adultry and promiscuity to show you that its not about homosexualiy, its about what my faith says is wrong.

I do not dislike homosexuality because I just felt like thinking it was wrong. My faith teaches me that it is wrong, just as my faith teaches me that adultry is wrong and promiscuity is wrong, along with a pretty big list of other things.

and if you read my post you would know that I think adultry is more wrong than either homosexuality or promiscuity because though the other two are talked about and said to be wrong, adultry is the only one that is an actual commandment.

xtians, you are 'no part of this world'

so stop ****ing it up and stay inside your churches with your mouths shut

Yes, I lumped homosexuality with adultry and promiscuity to show you that its not about homosexualiy, its about what my faith says is wrong.

Like racial equality?

Like allowing a woman to speak before men?

Like justice for rapists or the rights of a young girl who's been assaulted?

**** you. **** your religion. You people are a plague.
I do not dislike homosexuality because I just felt like thinking it was wrong. My faith teaches me that it is wrong, just as my faith teaches me that adultry is wrong and promiscuity is wrong, along with a pretty big list of other things.

Like interracial marriage, eating pig, or internal consistency?

and if you read my post you would know that I think adultry is more wrong than either homosexuality or promiscuity because though the other two are talked about and said to be wrong, adultry is the only one that is an actual commandment.

Then you don't even know your own religion. They are all equal before the eyes of your god. Why don't you people ever read your own books?

*shakes PLC1*

ARG!!! you are not listening!!!

Does your religion allow its followers to think for themselves, or do they have to accept whatever the "faith" teaches uncritically? If it is the latter, no wonder you're inconsistent. I see a conflict between what you believe deep inside, and what your faith teaches.

Are members of your faith commanded not to commit adultery, but not commanded to avoid promiscuity? If homosexuality is not a commandment, is avoiding homosexual activity a commandment? Are homosexuals commanded to be celibate, or to try to become heteros?

What does your faith teach, exactly?

Does your religion allow its followers to think for themselves, or do they have to accept whatever the "faith" teaches uncritically? If it is the latter, no wonder you're inconsistent. I see a conflict between what you believe deep inside, and what your faith teaches.

Are members of your faith commanded not to commit adultery, but not commanded to avoid promiscuity? If homosexuality is not a commandment, is avoiding homosexual activity a commandment? Are homosexuals commanded to be celibate, or to try to become heteros?

What does your faith teach, exactly?

My faith is personal, I dont have a church a pastor or any of that. I have scripture and a mind to read it. But it doesnt matter if I did. You again bring it back to the person with faith or religion and put it all on them to change and tried to give digs to what you thought was my religion.

This is pointless, you cant even admit what you are doing. You should at least just admit that you have no desire to see people have to learn tolerence for the people of faith but you do expect people of faith to shut the frak up and tolerate what ever the main stream of society wants tolerated and give up what ever there is about their faith that offends the masses.

Werbung:
My faith is personal, I dont have a church a pastor or any of that. I have scripture and a mind to read it. But it doesnt matter if I did. You again bring it back to the person with faith or religion and put it all on them to change and tried to give digs to what you thought was my religion.

This is pointless, you cant even admit what you are doing. You should at least just admit that you have no desire to see people have to learn tolerence for the people of faith but you do expect people of faith to shut the frak up and tolerate what ever the main stream of society wants tolerated and give up what ever there is about their faith that offends the masses.

Where does the Christian faith tell one to impose its beliefs on another?

The line of argument is contradictory on its face - You can't tell me to accept your beliefs because you have to accept my beliefs.

Even when the beliefs are perverted from their origins.

Back