Why is this straight Republican in favor of SSM?

Where does the Christian faith tell one to impose its beliefs on another?

The line of argument is contradictory on its face - You can't tell me to accept your beliefs because you have to accept my beliefs.

Even when the beliefs are perverted from their origins.

Hello, Nice to meet you.

If you would read the whole argument PLC1 and I are having in the text you will notice that I have said over and over and over here in this thread as well as in many other threads that I dont give a flying fig what you do or believe I just want the right to practice my faith, religion or what ever you would like to call it also.

I have no problem tolerating homosexual marriage, marrage to a goat a pig a tree or 4 trees, 7 goats and a dead scorpion. I just want the right to believe in my home and teach my family what my faith says.

I dont want my children being told in school things that contradict our family values and in return I teach my children when they come across people with lifestyles unlike ours you just dont say anything. We do not want to offend anyone, insult anyone, hurt anyones feelings or deny anyone what ever it is they want to do, we just want the right to also believe what we feel is right.

I have never said I want people to think like me and since I do not consider myself a christian I wont speak for if you should be like a chrisitan, I would assume its up to you what ever it is you would like to do. I would just like the right to be tolerated instead of always being asked to give up things my faith teaches me so others will be happy.

Werbung:
Hello, Nice to meet you.

If you would read the whole argument PLC1 and I are having in the text you will notice that I have said over and over and over here in this thread as well as in many other threads that I dont give a flying fig what you do or believe I just want the right to practice my faith, religion or what ever you would like to call it also.

I have no problem tolerating homosexual marriage, marrage to a goat a pig a tree or 4 trees, 7 goats and a dead scorpion. I just want the right to believe in my home and teach my family what my faith says.

I dont want my children being told in school things that contradict our family values and in return I teach my children when they come across people with lifestyles unlike ours you just dont say anything. We do not want to offend anyone, insult anyone, hurt anyones feelings or deny anyone what ever it is they want to do, we just want the right to also believe what we feel is right.

I have never said I want people to think like me and since I do not consider myself a christian I wont speak for if you should be like a chrisitan, I would assume its up to you what ever it is you would like to do. I would just like the right to be tolerated instead of always being asked to give up things my faith teaches me so others will be happy.

What exactly are your children being told that contradicts your values?

Like racial equality?

Like allowing a woman to speak before men?

Like justice for rapists or the rights of a young girl who's been assaulted?

**** you. **** your religion. You people are a plague.

Like interracial marriage, eating pig, or internal consistency?

Then you don't even know your own religion. They are all equal before the eyes of your god. Why don't you people ever read your own books?

Why does everyone assume that if someone says they have faith then they are a christian? There are other faiths out there too. I am not a christian, I dont think there is a word for what I am, though Messianic is about as close as you can get and its not really that close.

Nothing that I have found in my studies tells me rape is ok or racism is ok

what do you care if someone has faith as long as they dont get in your face and say sick twisted disgusting mean hateful crappy things to you like ......

you people are the plague?

If a person wants to have faith in something and is not in the way of you doing what ever it is your doing why do you care what they do and why do you feel the need to call hateful names to people who really dont give a crap what you do or dont do and they just want to be left alone?

Why does everyone assume that if someone says they have faith then they are a christian? There are other faiths out there too. I am not a christian, I dont think there is a word for what I am, though Messianic is about as close as you can get and its not really that close.

Nothing that I have found in my studies tells me rape is ok or racism is ok

what do you care if someone has faith as long as they dont get in your face and say sick twisted disgusting mean hateful crappy things to you like ......

you people are the plague?

If a person wants to have faith in something and is not in the way of you doing what ever it is your doing why do you care what they do and why do you feel the need to call hateful names to people who really dont give a crap what you do or dont do and they just want to be left alone?

What is your faith then?

I read your early post about homosexuality not being in the ten commandments. You are obviously cherry picking from Mosaic Law. What else do you take as revealed in your faith?

What exactly are your children being told that contradicts your values?

right now nothing. But my son was told that condoms are safe and if your going to have sex wear condoms so you are safe. He was in the 6th grade, far to early to be talking to him about this especially without consulting parents. He of course came home and told me, I spent some time on trojans website and other condom websites and got the stats, brought them to the teacher and said please stop telling my son condoms are safe. they are zero percent effective against herpies and only somewhat effective against hiv exc. blah blah the list went on. I asked him that he let me know when he was going to be talking about this stuff with my son so I would know what is going on and asked him to let the kids know the things condoms do not protect you from and the other things they dont protect you fully from and to please stop calling it safe sex, I didnt mind safer but please dont lie to them and say its safe. He refused everyting I asked. So we had a year long battle.

If he wants to tell his own kids that its his right, its sad for his kid who might get herpies but its his right as a parent. It should be my right also.

In my daughers 2d grade class they were going to read the "heather has two mommys" book. There was a big backlash and they didnt. I am glad they didnt. This is a topic parents need to have with thier kids not the school teachers.

Though I do think there are rare cases where the school may need to have the chat.

but that isnt what this thread was about. PLC1 made the thread about a straight republican who thought same sex marriage should be legal because he married a homosexual. Part of the topic was how religous people need to change and be mroe accepting so homosexual people can feel more comfortable.

I think its wrong to attack or be mean to anyone because you dont like their life style but I sure as hell draw the line at being expected to changing your spirtual faith or religous belief so another person can feel more happy or comfortable.

What is your faith then?

I read your early post about homosexuality not being in the ten commandments. You are obviously cherry picking from Mosaic Law. What else do you take as revealed in your faith?

The ten commandments were written by the Creator, the Mosaic law was written by Moses. The law was nailed to the cross the commandments were put in the Arc of the covanent.

There is no name for my faith if there were I would have named it. I dont know any one or any group who believes the same things I do.

I used the adultry example to defend homosexuality. There are people who say homosexuality is wrong and they protest about it and are disgusted with it exc. but they easily forgive and undersand adulty and even dabble in it themselves on occasion.

I dont think its very consistant to be up in arms about homosexuality if your going to take adultry as lightly as many religous people do. Most divorces are in the christian community and most are because of adultry, yet most of the people agaisnt homosexual marriage are christians. so go figure.

I personally would rather say a sin is a sin fornication is a sin and no worse a sin as homosexuality. Adultry is a sin and probably on a higher scale since it was something that actually made the top ten written by the Creator.

You dont have to like my faith, heck I cant even name my faith, just pllease allow me the right to have my faith as I allow you the right to have or not have yours.

right now nothing. But my son was told that condoms are safe and if your going to have sex wear condoms so you are safe. He was in the 6th grade, far to early to be talking to him about this especially without consulting parents. He of course came home and told me, I spent some time on trojans website and other condom websites and got the stats, brought them to the teacher and said please stop telling my son condoms are safe. they are zero percent effective against herpies and only somewhat effective against hiv exc. blah blah the list went on. I asked him that he let me know when he was going to be talking about this stuff with my son so I would know what is going on and asked him to let the kids know the things condoms do not protect you from and the other things they dont protect you fully from and to please stop calling it safe sex, I didnt mind safer but please dont lie to them and say its safe. He refused everyting I asked. So we had a year long battle.

If he wants to tell his own kids that its his right, its sad for his kid who might get herpies but its his right as a parent. It should be my right also.

In my daughers 2d grade class they were going to read the "heather has two mommys" book. There was a big backlash and they didnt. I am glad they didnt. This is a topic parents need to have with thier kids not the school teachers.

Though I do think there are rare cases where the school may need to have the chat.

but that isnt what this thread was about. PLC1 made the thread about a straight republican who thought same sex marriage should be legal because he married a homosexual. Part of the topic was how religous people need to change and be mroe accepting so homosexual people can feel more comfortable.

I think its wrong to attack or be mean to anyone because you dont like their life style but I sure as hell draw the line at being expected to changing your spirtual faith or religous belief so another person can feel more happy or comfortable.

So just cut to the chase. Would you support homosexual marriage if you had to vote for it?

So just cut to the chase. Would you support homosexual marriage if you had to vote for it?

If it were up for a vote I would not vote for or against it I would pass that one and vote on the stuff that actually mattered to me. I would not care if it passed or did not pass.

I would rather vote to get the fraking government out of marriage all together. I would vote yes to that one in a heart beat.

The Mosaic Law was written by Moses at the behest of the Lord.

Are you disputing Leviticus?

No I am not disputing Leviticus

The book Revelation was written by John at the behest of the Lord too but none of the stuff he wrote about are actual commandments, but there are some really great ideas and some important rules to follow.

No I am not disputing Leviticus

The book Revelation was written by John at the behest of the Lord too but none of the stuff he wrote about are actual commandments, but there are some really great ideas and some important rules to follow.

We're talking about you adopting a subset of a specific set of laws.

The Mosaic Law was part of the covenant between the Jews and Yaweh to gain his blessings... or punishment as the case may be.

We're talking about you adopting a subset of a specific set of laws.

The Mosaic Law was part of the covenant between the Jews and Yaweh to gain his blessings... or punishment as the case may be.

I agree, and that is probably why in the NT it says the law was nailed to the cross.

so I am wondering are you willing to accept that people have the right to keep their faith even if it doesnt go with popular culture and that popular culture has a responsibility to tolerate people of faith just as people of faith must tolerate the popular culture or are you more in the mindset that its all up to the people of faith to do the changing and be tolerent by giving up things their faith says so the popular culture can feel comfortable?

I agree, and that is probably why in the NT it says the law was nailed to the cross.

so I am wondering are you willing to accept that people have the right to keep their faith even if it doesnt go with popular culture and that popular culture has a responsibility to tolerate people of faith just as people of faith must tolerate the popular culture or are you more in the mindset that its all up to the people of faith to do the changing and be tolerent by giving up things their faith says so the popular culture can feel comfortable?

Well, that was Paul. Depending on which novella you go by, Jesus was fairly clear that he did not come to abolish the law. Where was the evidence that Jesus was not a fully practicing Jew?

If your faith tells you to murder a homosexual, then should popular culture take a back seat to your faith?

Well, that was Paul. Depending on which novella you go by, Jesus was fairly clear that he did not come to abolish the law. Where was the evidence that Jesus was not a fully practicing Jew?

If your faith tells you to murder a homosexual, then should popular culture take a back seat to your faith?

I dont know why you think paul wrote Revelation, it clearly says John. Though what John is another argument.

murder is agaisnt the law and we must honor the laws of the land.

a myan could not practice their faith of human sacrifice today, neither could Jews start an alter to burn animals. I can accept that and I would not want to be a part of a religion that told me to go kill other people.

I do not think there is any evidence that Jesus was not a fully practicing Jew, he said he was.

But again you are doing like PLC1, he somehow couldnt seem to tell me it was ok for me to have faith and that I should be tolerated just as I tolerate others whos lifestyles do not agree with my own.

Werbung:
I dont know why you think paul wrote Revelation, it clearly says John. Though what John is another argument.

murder is agaisnt the law and we must honor the laws of the land.

a myan could not practice their faith of human sacrifice today, neither could Jews start an alter to burn animals. I can accept that and I would not want to be a part of a religion that told me to go kill other people.

I do not think there is any evidence that Jesus was not a fully practicing Jew, he said he was.

But again you are doing like PLC1, he somehow couldnt seem to tell me it was ok for me to have faith and that I should be tolerated just as I tolerate others whos lifestyles do not agree with my own.

Paul, supposedly, says the Law was nailed to the cross in Colossians 2.

I'm confused now. Faith is a matter of want?

Back