Why should I vote for Obama?

That's what thought... you were just wanting to waste a lot of someone's time.

Then apparently you missed the point of the thread, so let me try this again. I want YOU to tell ME why YOU think Obama is the best man for the job. I've read the press releases, I've seen the debates (which were nothing but pure pablum), and I've read the resume`, but in my business, I've read enough resume`s to blind a Trappist Monk, and I know all too well that the resume` doesn't tell the WHOLE story, that's why we have one-on-one interviews, and since I know that B.O. isn't going to give me a one-on-one interview so that I can GRILL him, I'm asking for people like you, who are already committed to voting for him, what THEY are seeing in him that I'm NOT.

You say he's a "great communicator" (funny how the left has taken a call line from the very President they vilified for 20 years:rolleyes:), but is what he's "communicating" anything of substance, or is it the same, tired old political pablum that they ALL feed us every 4 years? Remember, I've seen a LOT of these elections, and I've heard ALL of the rhetoric, and I've watched ALL of the mud-slinging, which is why I'm SOOOO DAMNED TIRED OF IT! What I want to see is someone who can look me in the eye and tell me something without my bullsh!t meter PEGGING OUT!

Werbung:
Some reasons why Obama could be the best choice.

1. He is the most inspiring candidate to come around in some time to many people, including a lot of people who where not into politics. Not unlike Ron Paul and Dean did, though both lost in the end. But the fact they can actually inspire is something I have found lacking for some time in the Highest office in the land. You may like Bush for some reason, but I think few would ever feel inspired by him.

2. The need for a radical shift in US oil and energy Policy is needed. Obama have in my view done a much better job coming out in support of trying to shift the US to push for more science and jobs in the field of Renewal's., not just talking about drilling for more oil. Drilling to me is the short fix ( even that short fix would take years to start) and I believe we need a leader who can look at the long term future more as well. To many in other Generations did that, and have left the current ones with a large amount of problems to fix.Overall while I believe McCain would have a far far better Environmental Record then Bush, it does not make it better then Obama's.

3.Iraq. Obama was smart enough to be against the war in the first place. McCain can say he we correct about the surge, that required the bigger screw up in the first place, called the Iraq war. Today Obama called for more troops in Afghanistan and Hinted at moves against west Pakistan...something I think we needed a long long time ago...and to do so, would move some troops from Iraq to those areas. McCain said today something on those lines...but of course had no statement about where these troops will come from. His trying to point out the success of the Surge, and the news of late about the Iraqi military gaining confidence and doing more and more on there own...actually goes in favor of saying, its time to start cutting back and let them really take over. McCain says the Surge works...but what did it do then...it let us stay , draw back down to what we had in the first place.....but then he says nothing about that status changing anytime. The simple fact is that the politics and fighting that is left in Iraq, has very little to do with US, and there is nothing we can do, but stand back and let them learn to deal with it, and offer advice and help at times. We should not need the troop levels we have there, for much longer while they work those issues out. its time to start going home...slowly, but to make a true commitment to being done with Iraq.

4. He worked with Chuck Hagel who I respect on the lose nuke program, and is a area I think is vital to US Security. The Bush White House played politics with this area, when they outed Valerie Plame. Bin Laden has in fact gone so far as to get the ok from a high Ranking Muslim to declare his use of a Nuke as ok in the view of the Koran and Akhlah...He has since followed many of the rules place on him to attack based on his view of the Koran...meaning he has carefully tried to show the US why it is wrong, warned them, asked them to convert to Islam, and such...shows his real Desire to get a nuke and use it. I think his going into this area, with a Foreign Policy heavy like Hagal, is a great benefit to him and gives him more Experience in this type of security area, then Bush (W, not his dad) or Clinton ever had.

Some reasons why Obama could be the best choice.

1. He is the most inspiring candidate to come around in some time to many people, including a lot of people who where not into politics. Not unlike Ron Paul and Dean did, though both lost in the end. But the fact they can actually inspire is something I have found lacking for some time in the Highest office in the land. You may like Bush for some reason, but I think few would ever feel inspired by him.

Obama does have charisma "out the butt", nobody can argue that point, unfortunately so does my Secretary, but I don't think she'd be a good POTUS.

Bush, for me it never was a case of me "liking" him so much as it was a case of I really DIDN'T like Gore or Kerry. To be honest I never really cared much for McCain either, even back in 2000, but the odds of getting a "true" Constitutional conservative elected in this day and age of "bread and circus's" is rapidly approaching zero.

2. The need for a radical shift in US oil and energy Policy is needed. Obama have in my view done a much better job coming out in support of trying to shift the US to push for more science and jobs in the field of Renewal's., not just talking about drilling for more oil. Drilling to me is the short fix ( even that short fix would take years to start) and I believe we need a leader who can look at the long term future more as well. To many in other Generations did that, and have left the current ones with a large amount of problems to fix.Overall while I believe McCain would have a far far better Environmental Record then Bush, it does not make it better then Obama's.

OK, so he's a "tree hugger" and he's saying he'll support energy diversification. What bothers me is the way that he's talking about doing it. As I'm sure you noticed, I'm all about alternative energy, BUT, it's got to be done wisely, and efficiently. In the short term, we still have to rely on fossil fuels, at least until a viable alternative is invented, developed, and ready for mass dispersal. The quickest way I know of to do that is nuclear power plants. True they take 3 years to build, and another before they're ready to come on line, BUT there's not another system out there that can come close to being ready in that amount of time.

As far as vehicular transportation, well, frankly, we're hosed. Hybrids aren't going to get it done, at least not any time soon. Sure, they're great for personal vehicles, but those account for a small percentage of our actual fuel usage every year. Big rigs, trains, and aircraft account for the biggest use of fuel in this country, every year, by far. Until someone comes up with a way for a tractor-trailer (articulated lorry to you) to be able to haul 40 tons over 600 miles for less than $500.00, and until someone figures out a way for a 757 to use less than $48,000.00 of fuel to fly from LA to New York, it doesn't matter how many MPG you get in your Prius.

One thing, the "Bush environmental record" is a strawman argument. While the President can submit a Bill to the Congress, it's the Congress that actually writes the laws. Everybody says "Bush did this" or "Bush did that" and they NEVER seem to remember that it was the 535 nim-nods that WE elected to Congress that actually wrote the Bills that the President signs. If Congress didn't want to go along with it, the Bill would have died in committee and NEVER reached the Presidents desk.

3.Iraq. Obama was smart enough to be against the war in the first place. McCain can say he we correct about the surge, that required the bigger screw up in the first place, called the Iraq war. Today Obama called for more troops in Afghanistan and Hinted at moves against west Pakistan...something I think we needed a long long time ago...and to do so, would move some troops from Iraq to those areas. McCain said today something on those lines...but of course had no statement about where these troops will come from. His trying to point out the success of the Surge, and the news of late about the Iraqi military gaining confidence and doing more and more on there own...actually goes in favor of saying, its time to start cutting back and let them really take over. McCain says the Surge works...but what did it do then...it let us stay , draw back down to what we had in the first place.....but then he says nothing about that status changing anytime. The simple fact is that the politics and fighting that is left in Iraq, has very little to do with US, and there is nothing we can do, but stand back and let them learn to deal with it, and offer advice and help at times. We should not need the troop levels we have there, for much longer while they work those issues out. its time to start going home...slowly, but to make a true commitment to being done with Iraq.

Obama can say he was against Iraq from the beginning, but we'll never know for certain since the only record we have is of a speech he made at an anti-war rally, that was populated by his constituents (I remember seeing George Wallace standing on the steps of the University of Alabama too, but I also know that, regardless of what some may think, that he wasn't a racist). It's called PANDERING POLITICS.

As far as any plan he may, or may not have, for our withdrawl from Iraq, I can't say since he's changed his position so many times. The fact that he's voted against funding the troops in the field, TWICE, leaves me with such a bad taste in my mouth about him that I don't thing 3 bottles of Glenfiddich would begin to touch it. It doesn't matter if you agree with the war or not, you don't even look like you're going leave your men hanging out there, twisting in the wind, especially to make a political point. Specific timetables for withdrawl are a fools errand, and he's made the point time and time again that he supports just that. He hasn't even been to Iraq, he hasn't met with any of the Command Staff, including Gen. Petraeus, which tells me that anything he's saying about Iraq is, somewhat less informed than I would expect from a serious candidate for POTUS.

4. He worked with Chuck Hagel who I respect on the lose nuke program, and is a area I think is vital to US Security.

I've read up on it, and I have a question. Exactly how are we (the US) supposed to ensure that terrorists don't get their hands on nukes from countries that we have no influence over, or presence in? I thought liberals were against us running around all over the place playing the world's Policeman, but here's Hagel and Obama not only talking about it, but EXPANDING it. I guess that they too didn't learn a damned thing from the utter disaster that was Kennedy.

The Bush White House played politics with this area, when they outed Valerie Plame.

Don't take this the wrong way my friend, but that's a BOLD FACED LIE. NOBODY in the Administration "outed" anybody. A very clever journalist took bits and pieces of information from several different sources and with a bit of inference figured out who she was and how she was related to Joe Wilson.

Bin Laden has in fact gone so far as to get the ok from a high Ranking Muslim to declare his use of a Nuke as ok in the view of the Koran and Akhlah...He has since followed many of the rules place on him to attack based on his view of the Koran...meaning he has carefully tried to show the US why it is wrong, warned them, asked them to convert to Islam, and such...shows his real Desire to get a nuke and use it. I think his going into this area, with a Foreign Policy heavy like Hagal, is a great benefit to him and gives him more Experience in this type of security area, then Bush (W, not his dad) or Clinton ever had.

Of course he (UBL) has, and he did that while Clintoon was in office, but again, exactly how are we (the US) supposed to ensure that he doesn't get a nuke from a country that we have absolutely NO diplomatic relations with, or influence over? Are we supposed to invade every country that has, or is suspected of having, nukes, and secure their stockpiles for them? Are we supposed to invade every country in the world that has yellowcake and secure it for them to ensure that UBL, or any other nut job follower of that "lying, cheating, stealing, bigamist, murdering, pedophile (piss be on him)" doesn't get their hands on it either?

Obama does have charisma "out the butt", nobody can argue that point, unfortunately so does my Secretary, but I don't think she'd be a good POTUS.

Bush, for me it never was a case of me "liking" him so much as it was a case of I really DIDN'T like Gore or Kerry. To be honest I never really cared much for McCain either, even back in 2000, but the odds of getting a "true" Constitutional conservative elected in this day and age of "bread and circus's" is rapidly approaching zero.

Its clearly not a main factor, but it is something I think this nation has lacked and can help a lot on the whole. I don't see McCain really inspiring much of anything.

For the life of me, I have NO IDEA where people get this idea. I've listened to him. He has an irritatingly slow speaking voice. He utters platitudes that a sharp 12 year old would reject out of hand. He has the dimwit mantra "change". His podium just says "change", and I've seen people interviewed coming out of his rallies, and people are asked why they support Obama, and they just robot-like say the word "change". He is a distinctly unimposing figure with his big ears and skinny frame.

If he has "charisma out the butt", maybe you could explain it to me? I wouldn't be impressed at all with him even if I were a liberal, and the more I know about him, the less impressed I am.

WHAT CHARISMA?? :D

I think you have made your point that he is a good leader and speaker. Is that enough? After all ( and I hate to go here, it is sooo done) Hitler was a good leader and speaker. I doubt anyone running for president could get this far without being a good leader. President Bush who is called incompetent by many on the left mostly as wishful thinking would not have made it as far if he were not a good leader. A horrible public speaker but obviously many people and nations followed him.

The much more important question and really the only one is will he lead us where we should go? Based on the list far above about what laws and policies he supports the answer is a clear and resounding NO!

But you still went there didn't you... I mean come on Hitler??? At the very least pull a comparison out that doesn't in itself dismantle your point.
:)

Hitler was a War Monger. If anyone is chopping at the bit for more and longer wars it's not even close... Mr. McCain is your man and a good pick for McCainiacs.

But the rest of the country, the majority, do not agree.

On important things... this country under Republican rule doing well... it would be laughable if not so utterly devastating. I'm looking at one crisis after another... one Federal bailout after another... now there's even starting to be serious talk about GM possibly looking at bankruptcy protection at some point because next year because they're only sure even they can only get through the first half of next year.

This will be a CHANGE election... I know McCainiacs are going to still back old McBush but that road has already played itself out.

General Motors & hard working Americans... QUIT WHINING!!!!!!!!!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cTJhJZ5t8[/COLOR]

For the life of me, I have NO IDEA where people get this idea. I've listened to him. He has an irritatingly slow speaking voice. He utters platitudes that a sharp 12 year old would reject out of hand. He has the dimwit mantra "change". His podium just says "change", and I've seen people interviewed coming out of his rallies, and people are asked why they support Obama, and they just robot-like say the word "change". He is a distinctly unimposing figure with his big ears and skinny frame.

If he has "charisma out the butt", maybe you could explain it to me? I wouldn't be impressed at all with him even if I were a liberal, and the more I know about him, the less impressed I am.

WHAT CHARISMA?? :D

I would try, but you're so invested in your utter Rushbot HATRED of anything Democrat that you won't even allow for the possibility that he may have some redeeming features that do not in any way detract from the fact that he's simply not qualified to be POTUS. You're infected with the same type of mindless hatred and vitriol that allowed for the utter debasement of the Rights of Americans of Japanese decent during WWII, and I refuse to be a party to it.

I attempted to illustrate this concept to you in the discussion of Gen. Clark, but we all know how well THAT turned out. Face it, until you extricate your cranium from your anal sphincter and quit dehumanizing people based on their political affiliation, you'll never be ready for "Prime Time".

I would try, but you're so invested in your utter Rushbot HATRED of anything Democrat that you won't even allow for the possibility that he may have some redeeming features that do not in any way detract from the fact that he's simply not qualified to be POTUS. You're infected with the same type of mindless hatred and vitriol that allowed for the utter debasement of the Rights of Americans of Japanese decent during WWII, and I refuse to be a party to it.

I attempted to illustrate this concept to you in the discussion of Gen. Clark, but we all know how well THAT turned out. Face it, until you extricate your cranium from your anal sphincter and quit dehumanizing people based on their political affiliation, you'll never be ready for "Prime Time".

to be fair Ann Coulter is not as well, they love to air her.

If you would like America to decline this is one reason.
If you would like to revert to a more racist country, Obama
and the Pastor Wright will help revert us.

If you would like America to decline this is one reason.
If you would like to revert to a more racist country, Obama
and the Pastor Wright will help revert us.

Deep thought.....

funny I don't feel the racial hate.

Funny how no one can show Obama or his wife ever saying anything....but yet they brand him a White hater...also ingoring that he is in fact half white and the family he was with is white.....

Deep thought.....

funny I don't feel the racial hate.

Funny how no one can show Obama or his wife ever saying anything....but yet they brand him a White hater...also ingoring that he is in fact half white and the family he was with is white.....

That's right, he is half white. he was raised by his white grandmother. So of all the white people in the world that he would know well one would be his grandmother. He would know her intimately, he would know her personality, and he would never judge her in any way except for exactly who she is. He would never stereotype her of all people.

So when he was saying that he would never disown Rev. Wright (who he later disowned) he said:

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

So far no problems. But when he was clarifying what he was saying:

"the point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person who, you know, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, there is a reaction that has been bred into our experiences that don’t go away and sometimes come out in the wrong way."

So a typical white person (as if anybody can be a typical anything.) is a person who occasionally fears black men because of their inbred experiences.

I wonder if these typical white people also carry guns and bibles?

"Blah blah blah - mouth piss"

See? There's no basis at all for the "charisma" claim - it's a complete fiction that originated with lib media talking heads, and now people just pick it up and repeat it because they've heard it many times. "Charisma" my ass. :D

Werbung:
"Blah blah blah - mouth piss"

See? There's no basis at all for the "charisma" claim - it's a complete fiction that originated with lib media talking heads, and now people just pick it up and repeat it because they've heard it many times. "Charisma" my ass. :D

you cant type up proof of charisma, get a clue...then again you wanted me to explain a joke and make it funny for you over the net....you realy have no clue about anything at all do you, not just politics , but life .

Back