Why the poor and middle class cant afford things?

steveox

Its the TAXES. Cut Taxes and people can afford to buy things again. Heres and example

Percentage of poor and Middle Class households with amenities

82% have Microwave ovens
78% Have Air Conditioners
65% have more then 2 TVs
64% Have Cable or Satelite TV
55% with Cell Phones
39% Home Computer
12% have season tickets to sporting events

Sorce = Heritage Foundation

Now if Local and state governments would cut the taxes then people would afford things more. Like look at some states Counties add more sales taxes no wonder people buy from Amazon.com cause Amazon.com dont add sales taxes. Look at florida counties have that sales tax.

http://miami.about.com/od/governmentcityservices/a/salestax.htm

Now Look at state of Maryland. Counties there cannot add sales taxes its done by the state. The Reason why Florida counties add sales taxes is because theres no State income taxes in Florida.Wanna know where sales taxes go in florida? It pays COPS who dont do their jobs and Schools aka Teachers Unions. Now Texas has no income tax nor the counties dont have property taxes. But State has collect sales taxes. So youre better off living in Texas than anywhere else. Florida is for Millionares and Billionares to live in plus its warm all year round. Texas is the poor and middle class peoples state.

Werbung:
Well, as a resident of Texas, I disagree. This is a horrible place to live and everyone would be well advised to avoid it.

And as a refugee from Maryland... I miss it desperately. It's true the counties cannot (or at least don't) levy sales taxes, though they do levy income taxes of their own, generally 2-3% of taxable income, which the state collects and disburses for them. But for this we got amenities Texas lacked, including streetlights, roads that actually have clearly-painted lines, nice parks, cultural and community development, etc.

Well living in Texas makes everything affordable. Whats wrong living in Dallas or Houston? Its got street lights nice roads Dallas is a whole lot safer than living in downtown Baltimore. Where i live is upper part of Baltimore County. Its not bad But if i like living in the city would be in Dallas!

Its the TAXES. Cut Taxes and people can afford to buy things again.....

?? Who is making such a wild claim as that? If one is unemployed one is not paying taxes. Tax cuts don't amount to a pot of warm spit.

The answer is simple. Republicans know the answer; after all, it was their "jobs, jobs, jobs" chant that won the 2010 election for them. The fact that they forgot what got them elected is no one's fault but their own.

?? Who is making such a wild claim as that? If one is unemployed one is not paying taxes. Tax cuts don't amount to a pot of warm spit.

The OP was about SALES taxes. Even the unemployed pay sales tax because unless they are dead they are still consuming.

Its a good think Bush cut the Taxes so much, ran up the debt..and Created so many jobs!

Hey at least 2 of the 3 happened....

Did Bush cut sales taxes? I was not aware there were any national sales tax.

But I agree that running up debt is a bad idea and politicians do not have the ability to create an environment for job creation except that they stand back and watch the real job creators do what they do.

Sales taxes are an impediment for poor and middle class as they make the cost of goods higher so they cannot accumulate as much wealth. However, inflation and the printing of money often cause prices to rise more. And they are more insidious since they cannot be seen so easily.

Did Bush cut sales taxes? I was not aware there were any national sales tax.

But I agree that running up debt is a bad idea and politicians do not have the ability to create an environment for job creation except that they stand back and watch the real job creators do what they do.

The real job creators need a few things.

• They need a business environment where they are protected from unfair business practices.
  • They need demand for their goods or service.
  • They need an economy where there is liquidity in the money supply so they can be paid for their goods or services.
  • They need a reliable source of their raw materials and a reliable work force who are able to do the work required.
What isn't needed for job creation is a bunch of rich old fogeys sitting on their money bags, talking about how important they are.

Ever wonder people shop at amazon.com? They dont charge sales taxes. So who gets hurt? Its companies like Wal-Mart and Sears get hurt. We need an Automobile online company so we can buy cars online like Amazon.com does.I got news for ya,,States are making laws against it,,You watch the U.S Supreme court will take this case and rule against states making laws on this. Cause its not consitutional. Its against the 1st admendment.

The real job creators need a few things.

• They need a business environment where they are protected from unfair business practices.
  • They need demand for their goods or service.
  • They need an economy where there is liquidity in the money supply so they can be paid for their goods or services.
  • They need a reliable source of their raw materials and a reliable work force who are able to do the work required.
What isn't needed for job creation is a bunch of rich old fogeys sitting on their money bags, talking about how important they are.

Gov is not supposed to be responsible to provide demand. Liquidity = the amount of money available for investment. Gov is not responsible to give people money to invest. Gov is not responsible to make apples grow on trees (or to make any other resource available) but they sure are good at making it not available (us oil resources). The school system is doing a horrible job at providing able workers.

RE; unfair business practices. Gov IS supposed to stop people from committing fraud, theft. etc.

If a job creator has the things on that list then how is he harmed when some old rich guys talk about their importance? That is not a crime. That is not theft or fraud, etc. I must assume that you were referring to something else.

Ever wonder people shop at amazon.com? They dont charge sales taxes. So who gets hurt? Its companies like Wal-Mart and Sears get hurt. We need an Automobile online company so we can buy cars online like Amazon.com does.I got news for ya,,States are making laws against it,,You watch the U.S Supreme court will take this case and rule against states making laws on this. Cause its not consitutional. Its against the 1st admendment.

The supreme court already ruled that these laws are unconstitutional. By the time the present laws, in Cal for example, go through the court process they will have raked in about 200M. They will also have damaged their economy by considerably more than 200M.

http://blogs.forbes.com/steveforbes/2011/07/25/california-the-pickpocket-state/

The supreme court already ruled that these laws are unconstitutional. By the time the present laws, in Cal for example, go through the court process they will have raked in about 200M. They will also have damaged their economy by considerably more than 200M.

http://blogs.forbes.com/steveforbes/2011/07/25/california-the-pickpocket-state/
California is kind of screwy in that the people have a large say in the government through referenda. When these referenda gain enough signatures to get on the ballot they vote yes. This generates a monetary burden on the government, but when it comes to paying for these multitudes of services they vote no on taxes. California is left with big bills with no revenue.

California is broken by more than just the San Andreas fault.

Well sales taxes are going towards COPS who dont do their jobs. Look at Philly PPA. Theyre parking people who hassle people on Parking violations. And this old lady gave me a good idea. The PPA agent gave her a ticket parking close to a fire hydrant. And this Lady told her she has an handiccaped permit and its ther closes thing she can park. She was seeing her doctor. So the PPA agent told her once the ticket has been printed out it cant be redo. So she said fine im gonna follow you around make sure you give every violator a ticket im gonna make you do it. PPA Agent told her maam you cant do that so she kept on doing it PPA Agent supervisor told her can come to her hearing and make a complaint and then they might undo her ticket. So im gonna go to the Sheriff Dept in Fla and tell them they ether give my $115 back or im gonna follow they deputy shift make sure he gives every violator a ticket just to piss him off a bit. Ill say want me stop following you around then give my $115 you stole from me and ill go away.

Werbung:
Back