Why was nobody disciplined for the failures on 9/11?

Dawkinsrocks

The threat from civil airliners being hijacked and used as missiles has been a known threat since before 9/11.

On 9/11 the most powerful nation on earth was successfully attacked by this known threat, it got through all its defense systems and nobody was disciplined.

So we must conclude that either

Failure of this nature is acceptable

OR

Failure of this nature is approved.

The agony of choice.

Werbung:
No, just to try to get people to open their eyes and demand better of their leaders.

I personally would prefer it if my leaders weren't happy to sacrifice thousands of their own people to justify an illegal war to the rest of the population but if you don't well, looks like the US is the place for you.

I personally would prefer it if my leaders weren't happy to sacrifice thousands of their own people to justify an illegal war to the rest of the population

But alas, your leaders ARE doing that... so why don't you start in YOUR country first. You take care of your country, I'll take care of mine.

The threat from civil airliners being hijacked and used as missiles has been a known threat since before 9/11.

On 9/11 the most powerful nation on earth was successfully attacked by this known threat, it got through all its defense systems and nobody was disciplined.

OR

The agony of choice.

The reason is that the main culprit, Bubba Clinton, who was asleep at the switch while Al Qaeda built their worldwide infrastructure, was out of office and people just wanted to forget about him.

Do two wrongs make a right in your little world?

I disapprove of all leaders who behave like this and am highly critical of my own government.

Unlike you who seems to be of that the view that the US government is beyond criticism.

So it is Clinton's fault that the US was attacked on 9/11 and not the guy on watch.

So why wasn't he disciplined?

OR

The agony of choice.

By the way, has your doctor informed you yet of your incurable condition? It is TFL - TERMINALLY FLAWED LOGIC. The cure for this condition typically is a steady dosage facts, but in your case, all efforts to reverse your condition are apparently failing.

Explain the flaw in the logic

"Known threat" implies a definition to the threat that did not exist. There was actionable intelligence, and air carriers were alerted to the possibility months earlier. Unfortunately, as is so often the case with these tidbits of information, it is only crystal clear on how it will be played out AFTER the fact.

Our commercial airlines are not part of our defense systems. The actionable intelligence was sufficiently vague so that no definitive actions could be implemented. And who exactly would you suggest should be disciplined? This is what the 9/11 Commission was all about, exhaustively looking into the tragic event.

OR

The agony of choice.

Why is it that we must conclude one of these two? That is totally illogical, that the only two options for conclusion are either ineptitude or complicity. From the events that did occur, it is gross ignorance to reach these as the only viable "choices".

That is very weak.

It was known before 9/11 that airliners could be used as missiles.

Airliners are not part of your defenses.

But your defenses are.

I notice you don't offer any alternative conclusions to explain why nobody was disciplined for this alleged huge failure.

If you don't think that the failures by the US on 9/11 don't warrant disciplinary action of some kind agsinst somebody just what does warrant disciplinary action in your book?

I mean, if I failed in my job and as a result thousands of people were killed I am sure that as a minimum I would resign.

It is impossible to think of a single realistic reason why nobody was disciplined that does not look very bad for the US administration

Werbung:
Mostly, I've heard that 9/11 was primarily a failure of intelligence. However, the question is: how much can one reasonably expect from an intelligence agency?

One of the reasons the 9/11 attacks went off relatively well for the attackers was that their plans required relatively few people to know what was really going on until it was too late. Basically, there were the people who came up with the plan; the people who arranged for the "team" to be recruited; the and the "team" itself. No one else necessarily needed to be privy to what they were doing. No one else presumably even noticed suspicious activity, if the planning and preparation was done right - which it was. The hijackers even learned how to fly planes here in the United States.

The fewer people know a secret the less chance someone will blab.

This is one of the key reasons that the official story is more plausible than most (if not all) of the conspiracy theories out there. As demonstrated above, in order for the official story to be true, relatively few people needed to be in on the thing. In order for the US government to have been complicit in the attacks, a lot more people would have to have been in on the whole thing, depending of course on the level of involvement you purport our government to have undertaken. If you are asserting that the government knew and deliberately did nothing, than far fewer people needed to know than if you are purporting, first instance, the "Controlled Demolition" theory, which just about debunks itself when one considers how many people would have to have been involved and who would have to have been silenced about their involvement in the wake of 9/11.

Back