Why Would He?

Old_Trapper70

In our most recent election the so-called “christian” community came out in force of Donald Trump. First off, let me say IMO there were no good choices in the 4 major parties, Democratic, Republican, Green, and Libertarian. There were in the Constitution Party, and the Independent Party. But, on with my tale of woe.

The Christian community chose to ignore the Word of God in this process (as it does IMO in most circumstances). When choosing a leader God says this is His standard:

Exodus 18: 21

"Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens."

Obviously neither Trump, nor Clinton, come close to meeting this standard.

But then I hear these same folks saying “God Bless America” . Again we come into conflict with the Word of God:

2 Chronicles 7: 19-22

"But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them; then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and unto this house? And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshiped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them."

Again, this conversation is not for the unbeliever, it is for the ones who claim, and IMO falsely so, to be followers of Christ. And, before the mentally challenged interrupt with their usual deflections, let me state clearly that I do not think of myself as being perfect. I have my own sins as every human does. The topic at hand is how can one who claims to be a follower of Christ do so knowing that they support a pathological liar, an adulterer, a coward; and a country that seeks to resegregate the country (especially in education, and employment); pays homage to the wealthy while seeking to further impoverish the poor (or the middle class); keeps the country in a constant state of war while the leaders never serve in the military, and their family members will not; and numerous other falsehoods they claim to be “christian”, and then ask God to “bless” the country.

Why would God do so when He says he will not?

Werbung:
In our most recent election the so-called “christian” community came out in force of Donald Trump. First off, let me say IMO there were no good choices in the 4 major parties, Democratic, Republican, Green, and Libertarian. There were in the Constitution Party, and the Independent Party. But, on with my tale of woe.

The Christian community chose to ignore the Word of God in this process (as it does IMO in most circumstances). When choosing a leader God says this is His standard:

Exodus 18: 21

"Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens."

Obviously neither Trump, nor Clinton, come close to meeting this standard.

But then I hear these same folks saying “God Bless America” . Again we come into conflict with the Word of God:

2 Chronicles 7: 19-22

"But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them; then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land, and unto this house? And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshiped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them."

Again, this conversation is not for the unbeliever, it is for the ones who claim, and IMO falsely so, to be followers of Christ. And, before the mentally challenged interrupt with their usual deflections, let me state clearly that I do not think of myself as being perfect. I have my own sins as every human does. The topic at hand is how can one who claims to be a follower of Christ do so knowing that they support a pathological liar, an adulterer, a coward; and a country that seeks to resegregate the country (especially in education, and employment); pays homage to the wealthy while seeking to further impoverish the poor (or the middle class); keeps the country in a constant state of war while the leaders never serve in the military, and their family members will not; and numerous other falsehoods they claim to be “christian”, and then ask God to “bless” the country.

Why would God do so when He says he will not?
Jesus didn't exist,just one of many myths,and nobody knows anything about god.

Jesus didn't exist,just one of many myths,and nobody knows anything about god.

Historically speaking, Jesus did exist. The question is always as to whether God exists, and you can not prove He doesn't. So, the next question is why do you feel compelled to participate in a conversation about something you have no role in?

Historically speaking, Jesus did exist. The question is always as to whether God exists, and you can not prove He doesn't. So, the next question is why do you feel compelled to participate in a conversation about something you have no role in?
There's no evidence that Jesus existed he is not mentioned in any historical documents of the time he is said to have been around.There are many myths of saviours that are much the same as his
Osiris,Krishna Mithras e.g.Christianity is for gullible people,it's understandable for children to believe that a child was born of a virgin,that someone could change water to wine,walk on water,raise the dead and even be killed and come back to life.People are then expected to believe,this super being will come back to earth reassemble long dead bodies,send the bad boys and girls to hell and all the gooodies to heaven.What grown up believes this nonsense?As I say Jesus is just one of many saviour myths,that were born of virgins,born around December,had a guiding star,performed miracles and rose from the dead.

There's no evidence that Jesus existed he is not mentioned in any historical documents of the time he is said to have been around.There are many myths of saviours that are much the same as his

http://www.biblicaljesus.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/basics.tour/ID/2/Historical-Jesus.htm

Osiris,Krishna Mithras e.g.Christianity is for gullible people,it's understandable for children to believe that a child was born of a virgin,that someone could change water to wine,walk on water,raise the dead and even be killed and come back to life.People are then expected to believe,this super being will come back to earth reassemble long dead bodies,send the bad boys and girls to hell and all the gooodies to heaven.What grown up believes this nonsense?As I say Jesus is just one of many saviour myths,that were born of virgins,born around December,had a guiding star,performed miracles and rose from the dead.

In another forum I post at there is a thread about mocking Christianity. The atheists there claim that it is not the atheist that does the mocking. Yet here you are in a thread to which you have no answers doing just that. So, again I will ask you why are you posting in this thread? You do not answer the questions asked, you just make an ass of yourself posting your own childish thoughts with no rational defense that you can prove.

So, prove God does not exist.

http://www.biblicaljesus.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/basics.tour/ID/2/Historical-Jesus.htm

In another forum I post at there is a thread about mocking Christianity. The atheists there claim that it is not the atheist that does the mocking. Yet here you are in a thread to which you have no answers doing just that. So, again I will ask you why are you posting in this thread? You do not answer the questions asked, you just make an ass of yourself posting your own childish thoughts with no rational defense that you can prove.

I'm not mocking anyone it's the religious that have had the power and still have,they forced their beliefs on others.I said there's no evidence that Jesus existed,and even if a man called Jesus ,that was executed,that wouldn't prove he was the son of god and all the other bible stories about him.It's not up to me to prove anything and I never said that god doesn't exist.It's a good thing that more and more people are breaking away from religious fanatics that impose their ways upon others.Let's see you prove god exists and that Jesus is real and gonna come back and take you to heaven.

Why? This site you are posting on, what is the point of mocking someones belief and why do you bother with them? If you have faith then you have faith if not then hey so what why screw over someone else's. Should'nt the point be to rationalise the perception of a God or Gods into the relevence of ones existence rather than wasting time and oxygen dwelling on absurd arguments about the existential desires of the human psyche. Seems to me that if people want to mock your faith then tell the to piss off and don't be so insecure.

All of the writings were written after Jesus was supposed to have been around,none of them are contemporary.Here's something I'd like you to read,The Worlds Sixteen Crucified Saviors by Kersey Graves written in 1860,its available online,and you'll find it on the site called Sacred Texts ,comparitive section

Werbung:
T
Exactly the same for Socrates so are you going to say he never existed either?
There's lots of evidence for Socrates existence which you can look up if you wish.He also had a famous pupil ,one Plato.Unlike Jesus who doesn't have the same evidence and contemporary documents.Socrates' life and death are well recorded and documented.Jesus is just one of many myths Christianity will die out.Just like Greek and Roman myths that where once religions.These religions come and go but man remains.

Back