Will gun control really help lower crime?

How can we lower the crime rate?

• Ban weapons

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Allow more people to be armed

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Increase the police force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing, this is just a phase

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Werbung:
In America, I'm all for the 2nd amendment. If you ban firearms, only the criminals have them, with the exception of law enforcement, of course, but that's obviously not sufficient. More cops means more taxes ****ing with my paycheck so they can arrive after I've been robbed, assaulted, etc.

Call me a hypocrite but in countries like Japan, I don't really give a ****. The culture and population is very different; likewise, the crime is different too.

Swear filter? Very uncool.

Ban guns?
1) No, then just like prohabition and other bannings it just goes underground, and the legit gun owners rights are stripped away.

2) This would require for the first time actually changing our bill of rights. The original statment for freedom. Allowing 1 change means allowing more and pretty soon our bill of rights is no more. Just remember, freedom of speech is in there too.

Gun control?
Yes. We actually have pretty good gun control laws in place, federally, requiring the background checks and waiting period. It is indeed invasive, but does help.

Overall Criminals will continue to get guns, just as a heroin addict continues to find a dealer. Why does America have such a problem with gun violence where other countries don't? Our popular culture playes far more into it rather than the laws enstated. Our family values are not cohesive, our morals are stripped and we're desensitised to nearly every situation through the media and hollywood.

So next time when you're asking yourself why these other cultures are succeeding where we are failing miserably, look at something other than the laws in place. Look at their culture as a whole, talk to some of the people about their goals and what they want from their life. The human condition says that we all want to succeed, but in other cultures its not such a custom to step on others to get there, and that sirs and madams is the reall underlying cause. You must remove the demand for guns for crime before their availability will deminish.

Moral of the story... I blame Bush ;)

--HexKrak

Werbung:
Gun control is using both hands.

In the US, where gun bans are in place, Like NYC and DC the crime rate is the highest in the nation. Gun control (Taking of guns from lawful people) Has never reduced crime. After all those are LAW ABIDING PEOPLE, Not the crimnals use any means availble to comit the crime. Look at Great Britin where total gun bans have been implemented. The crime rate with guns has been increasing. How can that be possiable? It never has been the "gun" that caused cime. It is other social problems that are not being addressed by anyone except Cops on the Streets

Back