Will Spineless Trump Do Anything About This?

Old_Trapper70

Trump has made loud noise about the sanctions against No. Korea, and his disdain for Jong-U. Now the Chinese have again been caught violating sanctions, or what one could call International Law. Now, will the gutless hypocrite do anything about this considering how indebted he is the China? Or will he cower from his duty as he did with the sanctions against Russia imposed by Congress?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-ships-spotted-illegally-selling-153038072.html

"U.S. spy satellites have captured images of Chinese ships illegally selling oil to North Korea vessels on the West Sea 30 times in the past three months, according to a South Korean newspaper.

Ship-to-ship trades with North Korea on the high seas are forbidden under United Nations sanctions adopted in September. The U.S. Treasury Department also placed six North Korean shipping companies on a sanctions list on November 21.

The Chosun Ilbo, satellites have captured large Chinese and North Korean ships gathering side by side and trading oil. The high-quality spy satellites even show the names of the vessels."

Last edited:
Werbung:
What do you see as the path forward here?

Well, Trump, and the Republicans, could grow a spine, and stand up the Russia, and China. Of course, since Trump admires dictators, is dependent on Russia for his financing, and China for his manufacturing and trademarks, I seriously doubt anything will be done. Trump is turning this country into a paper tiger when it comes to countries that could actually threaten us, and a bullying lion when it comes to weaker countries.

Well, Trump, and the Republicans, could grow a spine, and stand up the Russia, and China. Of course, since Trump admires dictators, is dependent on Russia for his financing, and China for his manufacturing and trademarks, I seriously doubt anything will be done. Trump is turning this country into a paper tiger when it comes to countries that could actually threaten us, and a bullying lion when it comes to weaker countries.

LOL.

And you say you are not a Trump's supporter?

Give me a break! There is NOTHING laughable in what Trump and the GOP are doing to this country's population. . .95% of this country's population, but especially the most disenfranchised and vulnerable!

And you say you are not a Trump's supporter?

Give me a break! There is NOTHING laughable in what Trump and the GOP are doing to this country's population. . .95% of this country's population, but especially the most disenfranchised and vulnerable!

I am laughing at the absurdity of the comments above - not the situation in general. I don't know what policy option "grow a spine" equates to...maybe you can elaborate? Or what anyone is supposed to rationally take away from comments such as this "Of course, since Trump admires dictators, is dependent on Russia for his financing, and China for his manufacturing and trademarks, I seriously doubt anything will be done."

Maybe to you "grow a spine" and "act presidential" somehow magically equate to an actual policy, but to anyone who looks past the tired platitudes those comments are entirely meaningless.

Put yourself in the shoes of the President and his advisors....
President: OK - what options are we looking at regarding the alleged violation of sanctions by North Korea?
Advisor 1 (Old Trapper): GROW A SPINE!!
Advisor 2 (Scotsman): ACT PRESIDENTIAL...STOP TWEETING!
Advisor 3 (Openmind): Your domestic policy is no laughing matter!

If you want to discuss actual policy options let's do it. However, if you want to have the above conversation, which is the actual conversation that has taken place in this thread, that is beyond pointless - as nothing presented comes remotely close to an actual policy proposal.

I'll ask my question again in case it was somehow missed...OK - let's assume at face value that North Korea is violating sanctions with Chinese help...what do you see as the path forward?

Last edited:
I am laughing at the absurdity of the comments above - not the situation in general. I don't know what policy option "grow a spine" equates to...maybe you can elaborate? Or what anyone is supposed to rationally take away from comments such as this "Of course, since Trump admires dictators, is dependent on Russia for his financing, and China for his manufacturing and trademarks, I seriously doubt anything will be done."

Maybe to you "grow a spine" and "act presidential" somehow magically equate to an actual policy, but to anyone who looks past the tired platitudes those comments are entirely meaningless.

Not sure what alternate reality you grew up in, however, in the one I grew up in it meant to have the courage to do what was right regardless of the opinion of others. One really has to look past the preposterous arguments you put forth that show a lack of spine in favor of pleasing a certain element of the society.

If you want to discuss actual policy options let's do it. However, if you want to have the above conversation, which is the actual conversation that has taken place, that is beyond pointless.

I'll ask my question again in case it was somehow missed...OK - let's assume at face value that North Korea is violating sanctions with Chinese help...what do you see as the path forward?

This is an example of your lack of credibility. We must "assume" that No. Korea, and China, are violating the terms of the sanctions? There is no need to assume if one just opens their eyes. And this includes Russia if you had paid attention.

Now, this is where it is necessary to "grow a spine". Trump is dependent on both Russia, and China, for his "empire". Are you following so far? Now, he will not impose the sanctions on Russia that the Congress passed into law, and he signed. Likewise, he is dependent on China for the manufacturing, and trademarking, of his products. So far he has made no indication that he will move any of it back to the US. So, on his part he must "grow a spine", and impose the sanctions on Russia, and impose sanctions on China, and care more for the country then his own personal wealth. That was what the Founder did, and if he was not such a self centered coward he would do the same.

On your part, you need to "grow a spine" and quit defending the coward. Or perhaps you are of the same character as the one you defend.

Did I say it slow enough for you to understand this time?

Not sure what alternate reality you grew up in, however, in the one I grew up in it meant to have the courage to do what was right regardless of the opinion of others. One really has to look past the preposterous arguments you put forth that show a lack of spine in favor of pleasing a certain element of the society.

Maybe I should say this more clearly: WHAT. IS. YOUR. ACTUAL. POLICY. PROPOSAL?

For example, during the Cuban Missile Crisis the United States enacted and enforced and quarantine of Cuba. That is an actual policy proposal. "Grow a spine" is not.

So one more time - all together now - WHAT. IS. YOUR. ACTUAL. POLICY. PROPOSAL?

This is an example of your lack of credibility. We must "assume" that No. Korea, and China, are violating the terms of the sanctions? There is no need to assume if one just opens their eyes. And this includes Russia if you had paid attention.

I agreed with your premise for the sake of moving the debate forward - and you attack me for it. LOL

Now, this is where it is necessary to "grow a spine". Trump is dependent on both Russia, and China, for his "empire". Are you following so far? Now, he will not impose the sanctions on Russia that the Congress passed into law, and he signed. Likewise, he is dependent on China for the manufacturing, and trademarking, of his products. So far he has made no indication that he will move any of it back to the US. So, on his part he must "grow a spine", and impose the sanctions on Russia, and impose sanctions on China, and care more for the country then his own personal wealth. That was what the Founder did, and if he was not such a self centered coward he would do the same.

Ok - at least here you get to a round about policy proposal. So, North Korea has violated sanctions with the help of the Chinese and your suggestion is to:

1) Impose sanctions on Russia... (why Russia?)
2) Move the manufacturing of products in his own business back the United States
3) Impose sanctions on China...

Ok - what sanctions do you want to impose on China? How do you propose to enact them, what enforcement mechanism are you going to put in place, what response do you expect the Chinese will take, and what outcome do you expect them to result in?

On your part, you need to "grow a spine" and quit defending the coward. Or perhaps you are of the same character as the one you defend.

Did I say it slow enough for you to understand this time?

LOL. If nothing else this is good for a chuckle.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Maybe I should say this more clearly: WHAT. IS. YOUR. ACTUAL. POLICY. PROPOSAL?

For example, during the Cuban Missile Crisis the United States enacted and enforced and quarantine of Cuba. That is an actual policy proposal. "Grow a spine" is not.

So one more time - all together now - WHAT. IS. YOUR. ACTUAL. POLICY. PROPOSAL?

Ok - at least here you get to a round about policy proposal. So, North Korea has violated sanctions with the help of the Chinese and your suggestion is to:"

No, I gave this to you long ago, and you chose to ignore it. Now I have to explain it yo you?

1) Impose sanctions on Russia... (why Russia?)

Not keeping track of the issue I see. Nothing new there. Russia interfered in our elections, and Congress imposed sanctions on them for doing so. Russia is supplying No. Korea with oil, and materials to build missiles with. Need more go find them yourself.

2) Move the manufacturing of products in his own business back the United States
3) Impose sanctions on China...

Ok - what sanctions do you want to impose on China? How do you propose to enact them, what enforcement mechanism are you going to put in place, what response do you expect the Chinese will take, and what outcome do you expect them to result in?

Prior to getting elected your god Trump railed against China, now he does nothing even though they are violating sanctions we imposed on No. Korea. The very least he could do is move his business back to the US (Buy American, Hire American, right?), and then there are tariffs he could impose on Chinese goods as Obama did. Maybe we should blockade No. Korea as the Saudi's are doing to Yemen. Numerous things we can do, it is just a question of having the balls to do it.

Back