Will they finally go after the real terrorists?

Ever heard of the old boy network....better than official sources

I doubt that. I've had classifications - in the US, that is not treated like a joke. This sort of stuff would be very sensitive intelligence, and anyone who divulges it would go to jail for a very long time.

Werbung:
You, on the other hand, have access to intelligence, and know that Al Qaeda isn't taking refuge in the tribal areas of Pakistan and growing stronger and more numerous. That makes me feel so much better!

They had a worldwide network that has been crushed. There is ideological dissension in their ranks. Now, they're reduced to hiding in caves in the middle of nowhere. Ewwwwwwwwww, I'm scared I'm scared! :D

And, of course, appeasing thugs with guns is on the agenda of every true liberal on the planet, that is to say, anyone willing to acknowledge that invading Iraq has turned out to be a costly mistake and distracted us from the real war against radical Islam, aka the "war on terror."

You reject the notion of being an appeaser, and criticize the removal of one of the worse loose cannons in the world - Saddam - ALL IN THE SAME SENTENCE!! :D I don't think I've heard that EVEN from popeye! ;)

We need to capture Bin Laden, not kill him, at least not publically. The last thing we want is to give the cockroaches a martyr.

During WWII, did people pepper Roosevelt with "when ya gonna get hitler? huh? huh? huh?"

NO, because the point was to destroy nazi military strength, just as now it's crushing the IFs. After the defeat of the nazi military, the rounding up of the higher-ups was almost an after-thought. The Osama fixation is nothing but a Bushophobe appeaser last gasp propaganda attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - won't work. ;)

During WWII, did people pepper Roosevelt with "when ya gonna get hitler? huh? huh? huh?"

NO, because the point was to destroy nazi military strength, just as now it's crushing the IFs. After the defeat of the nazi military, the rounding up of the higher-ups was almost an after-thought. The Osama fixation is nothing but a Bushophobe appeaser last gasp propaganda attempt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - won't work. ;)

And now, of course, the point is to allow Al Qaeda to use Iraq and Pakistan to recruit and train new fanatics, and to watch as Bin Laden and his co conspirators thumb their collective noses at the USA. At least, that has been the strategery so far, hasn't it?

Did you ever watch the Nuremberg trials?

We don't want to capture him publicly either!

Seriously, think this through.... Bin Laden, on trial in the US, broadcast to billions of people in hundreds of nations, listening to him incite sympathizers to act against the US.

Since you don't want to give him martyrdom, I guess we cannot give him the death penalty for killing 3000+ Americans... Just gonna lock him up like any other 2 bit criminal?

Thats a really, really bad idea.

Not necessarily. Just lock him up in a supermax, and we won't hear any more from him. He can rot in prison, have no pulpit to spew his hatred and further his agenda, and yet not be a martyr to help recruit further terrorists. When we capture other Al Qaeda leaders, treat them the same way.

Not necessarily. Just lock him up in a supermax, and we won't hear any more from him. He can rot in prison, have no pulpit to spew his hatred and further his agenda, and yet not be a martyr to help recruit further terrorists. When we capture other Al Qaeda leaders, treat them the same way.

I agree but its unlikey he would be taken alive. He has Gaurds who only job it is , it is to kill him so he is not taken alive.

Also if he was Jailed, it does lead to possible major terror actions to try to secure his Release...Him Dead would not.

The American public I dont think would stand for anything less then Death regardless.

The hypocrisy here is so staggering, even Captain Underpants would have a tuff time topping it.

I am hoping, for your sake, that you really just don't see it, although I don't know how. Can you explain these positions to me?

Issue 1:
In 2001, Iraq was supporting terrorist groups, Saddam was trying to, if he hadn't already, form a working relationship with Al Qaeda, he had WMD no question, he was attempting to get nuclear technology, at least one of the people involved in 9/11 fled to Iraq, and we had credible supported intelligence as outlined by the Rockefeller report to all of this and more, as well as other intel agencies around the world, and ignoring all of this, Saddam violated the 1st Gulf War peace agreement by throwing out the UN inspectors. Yet, to the left, this is not good enough for an invasion.

You have one single retired CIA agent who is guestimating about what Al Qaeda is doing in Pakistan, and claiming this is enough to justify invasion.

Care to explain the left's hypocrisy?
=======================

Issue 2
In 2001, the left bashed Bush un-endingly for his resolve to deal with Saddam permanently. They squealed about not having U.N. support, for not getting a coalition with every dictator on the planet supporting it, they whined we'd lose credibility with the world for rushing to war, that Bush was a crazed cowboy shooting from the hip. Nevertheless, Bush "rushed" off to war a full year later.

No, with the support of no one, not even the generally supportive president of Pakistan has given us support, you want him to rush in on Sept. 12th 2001.

Would you care to explain the left's hypocrisy?
=============================

Issue 3
The oil, the oil, the oil! A common refrain. Even though there is zero evidence oil was the goal, and no chance we'll gain ownership, nor control of Iraqi oil, nevertheless the wacky lefties still claim it's true.

Pakistan is an oil exporting country, yet, 'charge!' seems to be the call.

Care to explain the hypocrisy?

Issue 4
Nearly every single action Bush has taken, both large and small, has been criticized by the left. Whether it is keeping enemy combatants at gitmo, getting live saving information from AQ leaders with interrogation, legislating upgrades to our intel gathering abilities, or a massive invasion of an AQ stronghold. In every case, no matter the size or scope, he shouldn't have done it for whatever reason.

Now, he apparently didn't do something yet, and he is being criticized for not doing it.

==============================

Finely Bush never was hunting nuclear devices. He never said he had nuclear weapons, nor did anyone in the administration claim so. They claimed that Saddam was pursuing nuclear weapon, and that has been supported. Stop lying, and move on.

The hypocrisy here is so staggering, even Captain Underpants would have a tuff time topping it.

I am hoping, for your sake, that you really just don't see it, although I don't know how. Can you explain these positions to me?

Issue 1:
In 2001, Iraq was supporting terrorist groups, Saddam was trying to, if he hadn't already, form a working relationship with Al Qaeda, he had WMD no question, he was attempting to get nuclear technology, at least one of the people involved in 9/11 fled to Iraq, and we had credible supported intelligence as outlined by the Rockefeller report to all of this and more, as well as other intel agencies around the world, and ignoring all of this, Saddam violated the 1st Gulf War peace agreement by throwing out the UN inspectors. Yet, to the left, this is not good enough for an invasion.

In an alternate, parallel universe, no doubt what you are saying is true. In this one, however, Iraq didn't have WMD, there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until after the invasion, the masterminds of 9/11 fled to Afganistan and Pakistan, the perpetrators of said attack were killed, and the UN inspectors were in Iraq until we warned them to get out, just before the invasion.

Of course, if you believe in parallel universes, or in the mutability of the past, then what you just posted could well be factual.

You have one single retired CIA agent who is guestimating about what Al Qaeda is doing in Pakistan, and claiming this is enough to justify invasion.

Care to explain the left's hypocrisy?
=======================

Well, this mythical "left" of which you speak must have read up on their history, or been paying attention. The non left is left to the task of justifying the way the so called "war on terror" has been carried out, which is quite a chore, unless you do believe in the mutability of the past or in parallel universes. I suppose that must explain the fact that the non left seems to be getting smaller and smaller, as long as you define "left" as anyone who thinks that the war was a mistake.

Issue 2
In 2001, the left bashed Bush un-endingly for his resolve to deal with Saddam permanently. They squealed about not having U.N. support, for not getting a coalition with every dictator on the planet supporting it, they whined we'd lose credibility with the world for rushing to war, that Bush was a crazed cowboy shooting from the hip. Nevertheless, Bush "rushed" off to war a full year later.

No, with the support of no one, not even the generally supportive president of Pakistan has given us support, you want him to rush in on Sept. 12th 2001.

Would you care to explain the left's hypocrisy?

There is a good reason why Bush didn't have much of a posse when he decided to invade. See above.

Issue 3
The oil, the oil, the oil! A common refrain. Even though there is zero evidence oil was the goal, and no chance we'll gain ownership, nor control of Iraqi oil, nevertheless the wacky lefties still claim it's true.

Pakistan is an oil exporting country, yet, 'charge!' seems to be the call.

Well, Bush, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and the other lefties who planned the war told us that Iraqi oil would pay for it. Wrong again!

Issue 4
Nearly every single action Bush has taken, both large and small, has been criticized by the left. Whether it is keeping enemy combatants at gitmo, getting live saving information from AQ leaders with interrogation, legislating upgrades to our intel gathering abilities, or a massive invasion of an AQ stronghold. In every case, no matter the size or scope, he shouldn't have done it for whatever reason.

Now, he apparently didn't do something yet, and he is being criticized for not doing it.

==============================

OOO, That,s an easy one. There are two reasons why Bush has been criticized by "the left" The first one is that most of who you call "left" are really Democrats, and Bush is a Republican. Whenever one party does something, the other is likely to criticize. It's called party politics.

The other reason is that practically every decision Bush has made in the past seven years has been wrong.

Finely Bush never was hunting nuclear devices. He never said he had nuclear weapons, nor did anyone in the administration claim so. They claimed that Saddam was pursuing nuclear weapon, and that has been supported. Stop lying, and move on.

Correct. They said he had "weapons of mass destruction", and was developing nuclear (or nukular, if you prefer) weapons. It is in the resolution to authorize military force passed by the Congress.

Which, of course, means that Congress was wrong also.

no I was talking about you. And if you where so smart you would know after the 200 times I told you , I don't support Obama . You do know how to read right?

You're a 'bot all right. A key facet of brainwashing is the victims must not realize they've been brainwashed. :D

I doubt that. I've had classifications - in the US, that is not treated like a joke. This sort of stuff would be very sensitive intelligence, and anyone who divulges it would go to jail for a very long time.
.....our guys leave it lying around on trains so that it can be handed in to the newspapers :rolleyes:

Did you read about that in the US....some senior UK Defense Department official left a highly secret AQ assessment study on the train!!

Anyway on with the incisive in-depth discussion............

Werbung:
Sometimes it's helpful to keep things simple. When you examine them under a simple light they seem to fall into place.

1. Bush and his BigOil buddies are rich from Oil. No one is disputing that. And they're all in the business of the BigOil monopolies. Again, no spindoctor can unspin those facts. We build the following on this one premise.

2. They want to continue on into the future as fat as they can on premise 1.

3. They know the largest reserves of their business, where they make their beloved billions each year is in Iraq/The Middle East.

4. They wanted the most control over those reserves as they could get.

(still with me? It makes sense that business men would want to control their market. No one can argue that and pursuade me to think otherwise)

5. They knew it was illegal to invade and perform a hostile takeover of Iraq so they, um, got a couple of reasons in place to convince Congress to allow their invasion.

6. Now that they've invaded and sacked the infrastructure, they're mad that the puppet government they tried to put in place isn't cooperating. They're blaming it on terrorists to milk more sympathy and PUBLIC money to continue a military presence to insure that Exxon, Mobil and the other fabulous five can put in their straws without those pesky sovereign Iraquis objecting or bombing the wells..

7. They want to stay there for 100 years. Not to insure democracy, but to insure their monopoly.

It's very simple. It was a hostile corporate takeover that we the American people funded due to their lying and scare tactics. Now our fine country teeters on the brink of ruin due EXACTLY to this cause and they put icing on the cake of their greedy treasonous behavior by price-fixing the price of gas to milk the very last bit of lifeblood this country has left to further pad their little operation..

Everyone knows this. People are talking about it in cafes, coffee shops, workplaces (those few that are left to work in), gas stations...yes, especially gas stations...and bridge clubs from shore to shore. Everyone knows this and are looking to, begging their representatives to act to stop it before we lose our country. So far we get nothing but compliance and pandering to BigOil. Finally recently Congress stood up to them. Undoubtedly BigOil will slap them back in a thousand insidious little ways we'll never hear about.

So I guess I'm asking our representatives to sacrafice for the future. If they want a country to work in and if they don't enjoy seeing their own stocks and dollar be worth less than the paper they're printed on, they might consider turning a deaf ear to BigOil threats and tell them, collectively, to get stuffed.

Just a thought..keep it simple...

Back