"Will Work for America"

Werbung:
your logic is astounding... :rolleyes:

O.K. How much education on the matter do I need to have before I am allowed to have an opinion?

Maybe we could use this argument for voting on things such as raising the min. wage? No one is allowed to vote on it unless they have read a certian amount of books on the topic :)

I personally think living an experience is worth a whole lot more than reading what some one else said on it.

Oregon state's minimum wage increased 15 cents per hour, to $7.95. The change was based upon a rise in the cost of living, as defined by the Consumer Price Index.

As soon as this happened the cost of living increased again but by more. So they will again have to raise the Oregon min wage to adjust for the more current rise in the cost of living. This again will force a Min. wage increase. Its a cycle that is never ending. Raising wages forces prices to go up. Prices going up forces higher wages, that again forces prices to go up.

I'll put it this way, I'm more of a person who likes to get deep into the subjuct matter in a debate.

O.K. How much education on the matter do I need to have before I am allowed to have an opinion?

Maybe we could use this argument for voting on things such as raising the min. wage? No one is allowed to vote on it unless they have read a certian amount of books on the topic :)

I personally think living an experience is worth a whole lot more than reading what some one else said on it.

Oregon state's minimum wage increased 15 cents per hour, to $7.95. The change was based upon a rise in the cost of living, as defined by the Consumer Price Index.

As soon as this happened the cost of living increased again but by more. So they will again have to raise the Oregon min wage to adjust for the more current rise in the cost of living. This again will force a Min. wage increase. Its a cycle that is never ending. Raising wages forces prices to go up. Prices going up forces higher wages, that again forces prices to go up.

This is true to an extent, but you can not raise prices more than the market will bare.

This is true to an extent, but you can not raise prices more than the market will bare.

But how much can the average person bare and at what point does it affect the people who have been in the same job or company for 20 years and because of the constant min wage increases they are dang close to min wage their selves?

I remember when the min wage went up under Ronald Reagan. I was very very poor, to the point I had the prices of the things I bought memorized enough to make a shopping list and know within 5 dollars of the amount. I was so excited when I heard the min wage was increasing and happy to see that little bit extra in my pay check. But when I went shopping and saw regular hamburger go up 15 cents a point, bread 35 cents a loaf and so on. Literally everything I bought had gone up in price and it ate away at my raise to the point it cost me more after the min wage increase to buy the basics I needed than before the increase.

After almost 20 years with the same company I make 2 dollars more an hour than anyone who would just walk in and get a job with zero training and zero responsibility outside of the basics. They have to keep raising the incoming salary to keep up with other jobs on the market to the point there is no money left to give raises to the people who have been around for 20 years.

I don’t need to read books to see what I am living.

If you can not afford what you want, one should learn to be self sufficient.
Raise your own vegetables. (in Oregon I know that there are community gardens)
I for one like my beer, I brew it myself and have for 20 years.
You have to think outside the box in order to beat the system.
This insures that you can meet your bills. One thing that many make the mistake of doing is living beyond their means.

So if there is say a working mother (young, forced to quit school and raise a kid) then she should have to except a wage that would barely cover her transportation?

It's not breaking our country, that is the crap that is fed to people from corporate supremacist (neo-cons).

I support the government helping people in situations like this. Helping with day care and welfare so the girl can finish school. Helping with education and training to get a job that can support her and her child.

In Oregon a 15 year old kid working at taco bell 40 hours a week at minimum wage will earn $16,536 annually. I think it’s silly. I don’t think small business can stay in business with these sorts of rules, and we as a state can not make it without small business.

This insures that you can meet your bills. One thing that many make the mistake of doing is living beyond their means.

I am fine, I live within my means.

So you agree this is happening but the answer is to grow your own veggies and live with in your means instead of take a second look at the constant wage increases to the point everyone will be at the same wage... ?

This post is really driving me nuts.

The first post I made on this topic, the post YOU attacked was that we as a nation are living beyond our means, and we should stop.

You said I did not know enough about the topic to post on it, but now you seem to be agreeing in what I said is happening but that the answer is grow my own veggies and think outside the box.

I think the answer is to take a second look at the constant min wage increases and the effects on workers who have invensted 20 years and see how its not working out for them, and each time the min wage increases it puts the older worker that much closer to min wage.

Small Business should have Tax Breaks where as Corporations should have to pick up the slack. This is one thing we can agree on. Last I checked Taco Bell is Owned by Pepsico, A corporation.
The thing about the system we have now is that Corporations get all the tax breaks and small business has to pick up the slack.
With Corporations getting all the tax breaks they still move a lot of their manufacturing overseas. The reason they do this is because they would rather have their good made for 10 cents an hour in China.
The stock holders are making more profits than they deserve.
If They keep doing this and who is going to afford the goods once all the jobs are gone?

Small Business should have Tax Breaks where as Corporations should have to pick up the slack. This is one thing we can agree on. Last I checked Taco Bell is Owned by Pepsico, A corporation.
The thing about the system we have now is that Corporations get all the tax breaks and small business has to pick up the slack.
With Corporations getting all the tax breaks they still move a lot of their manufacturing overseas. The reason they do this is because they would rather have their good made for 10 cents an hour in China.
The stock holders are making more profits than they deserve.
If They keep doing this and who is going to afford the goods once all the jobs are gone?

First off not all Taco Bells are owned by corporations. some are Franchises. (Small businesses) But that really isn't the point. jobs like that are not meant to be living wage jobs, we are trying to make them that and it's only hurting our Country. there has to be starter jobs, jobs for high school kids and supliment jobs for the elderly. Not every job should be a living wage job.

You are trying to give solutions to the problem I pointed out after you first denied there was even a problem, and I was too uninformed to present the problem in the first place.

You can tax to hell every corperation and it wont fix the problem that raising the min wage to the point EVERYONE is at Min wage IS a problem.

Some people just dont get it. I never (outside of the government job I have) have worked for a poor person. Rich people create jobs, we need the rich so there can be a middle class and yes a poorer class. People just starting out, or people to lazy to get a life. Then they work hard and strive and eventually are the middle class dream, and some of them, hopefully more each year become rich and in return make jobs for more people.

Its so backwards, if you succeed your the bad guy, unless your Michael Moore the self made CORPERATION!

It seems as though you have swallowed Ayn Rand's Philosophy hook, line and sinker...
I guees you thinks it right that American Jobs go over to China for 10 cents an hour.

Um.. OK I read her social and moral ideas and I do NOT agree with her one bit
and I only agree with her on a couple of her Political and Economical. So...I am not sure how you think I swollowed her philosophy hook line and sinker.

Werbung:
Crime is rampant because there are no jobs: People cannot have goals if there are none. Bring manufacturing home to the U.S. and get our country back to work.

*sigh*

Labor force - 153.1 million (includes unemployed) (2007 est.)

Labor force by occupation - managerial and professional (35.5%), technical, sales and administrative support (24.8%), services (16.5%), manufacturing, mining, transportation, and crafts (24%), farming, forestry, and fishing (0.6%) (excludes unemployed) (2007)

Unemployment - 4.6% (2007)

Exports - $1.19 trillion f.o.b. (2007 est.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

Anyone else wanna make that moronic proposition?

-Dr House :cool:

Back