William F. Buckley's son endorses Obama

Popeye

This would be of little note except that Chris Buckley is no liberal and of course he's the son of the famous late conservative.

The son of William F. Buckley has decided--shock!--to vote for a Democrat.

Let me be the latest conservative/libertarian/whatever to leap onto the Barack Obama bandwagon. It's a good thing my dear old mum and pup are no longer alive. They'd cut off my allowance.

Or would they? But let's get that part out of the way. The only reason my vote would be of any interest to anyone is that my last name happens to be Buckley--a name I inherited. So in the event anyone notices or cares, the headline will be: "William F. Buckley's Son Says He Is Pro-Obama." I know, I know: It lacks the throw-weight of "Ron Reagan Jr. to Address Democratic Convention," but it'll have to do.

This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises, such as balancing the federal budget “by the end of my first term.” Who, really, believes that? Then there was the self-dramatizing and feckless suspension of his campaign over the financial crisis. His ninth-inning attack ads are mean-spirited and pointless. And finally, not to belabor it, there was the Palin nomination. What on earth can he have been thinking?

Read the whole story here...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-10/the-conservative-case-for-obama/

Werbung:
This is no surprise - C. Buckley didn't vote for George Bush in 2004. Reagan's daughter became a radical, but C. Buckley is a little old to be experiencing youthful rebellion. My dad is a solid democrat, and I've always voted republican. Sons are not their fathers. But since C. Buckley has at least been nominally conservative, his support for Obama, the most leftwing candidate for president forever, is inexplicable and his reasons incoherent.

Werbung:
This would be of little note except that Chris Buckley is no liberal and of course he's the son of the famous late conservative.

Read the whole story here...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-10/the-conservative-case-for-obama/

They're dropping like flies. But this one is even better than most. Most of the other conservatives jumping off the sinking McCain ship are jumping off because they just can't stand McCain and don't want to be associated with his loss.

Buckley is actually endorsing Obama!!!!!!! Even some of the top Conservatives are seeing this guy is something special!:)

Back