Woman On Horseback Charged With DUI!

Werbung:
The immediate response to this is "a horse is not a car."
I think that is too funny! Besides, she was safer in a horse than in a car! The horse has some sense of not being in danger and riding against things, like a car. Can you imagine the woman answering:
"A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed."

It doesn't surprise me at all. I guess they really should have charged her with an RUI, Riding Under the Influence, but I don't guess they've made that distinction at this point. Hmm, I wonder, will they create that subdivision under DUI now?

This reminds me of a news story I read today, where a man's DUI/DWI sentence was overturned because he was driving a Zamboni. Since it is not a vehicle and cannot be driven on highways, they threw the charge out.

Of course, if the only reason DUI charges were ever filed is to keep people from hurting themselves behind the wheel, it would be a different matter. the point of keeping intoxicated folks from operating any means of transportation is to protect not only the person who is intoxicated, but also other people who could be hurt due to the person's negligent behavior. Whether she was on a horse, a motorbike, a bicycle, or in a car is really a moot issue. She was creating a danger to herself and other people on a public and relatively busy road, and deserved what she got.

At least that is the opinion of one person who lost a brother because two idiots did not have sense enough to stay home and do their drinking.

I'm sorry for your loss, mtatum. I don't think that anyone here is saying that drinking and driving is right. I'm sure they were just making sport of the fact that she was on a HORSE, that's not generally the mode of transportation for a DUI.

Werbung:
Back