Women of polygamist retreat speak out

Thats not all polygamy. If lots of adults willingly choose to practice it, who are we to stop them?

Only people who can't get off their own religious high horse call it a sin in that context.

Of coure with little girls who don't have a say and are not mature enough to make the decision anway, it is despicable.

9sublime, polygamy is against the law in America bottom line. There is not a single state where it is legal to be married to more than one person. I dont make the laws, but that is what is there to stop them.

I am not religious, I dont care which diety people choose to follow, its not my business. But when you are brainwashing, forcing young girls to marry and then raping them to "consumate" the marraige and often having girls as young as 16 who have had multiple children is not religion it is criminal behavior among the worse examples.

Werbung:
No, I mean the entire raid was due to the monumental ego of someone at ATF. The Davidians were burned alive over a $200 tax bill. If you are happy about this, you belong in a mental ward.

PS--At least 1 ATF death (and several injuries) was 'blue on blue'.

What did you want them to show up with? Do you remember what set off the Waco situation? I wonder what hell would be raised if they showed up light and got shot to pieces.

Yes, I remember Waco. There was a warrant for David Koresh on an illegal firearms charge. The Clinton era ATF/FBI under Janet Reno, one of the few true fascists ever to hold high office in the US, could have picked him up with no problem because he regularly stopped at his rural mailbox on the way to town. But what they wanted instead was a big combat assault, something that would make the evening news, because Clinton had decided to make war on minority christian groups and private militias, soon after he became president.

But your right they did raid a religious compound and with armed people.

They were armed? Proof? Any illegal arms?

They got a tip that some abuse was happening.

No, actually, they got an anonymous phone call from a person who purported to be a girl in the compound. Whoa, hit the paranoid defcon 5 button, roll out the tanks, bazookas, and attack helicopters.

They showed up, and guess what? you have people in violation of the law. Including polygamy, sexual abuse of a minor, we are talking serious felonies here.

You don't know what you're talking about - the authorities have given no clue of any evidence of illegal behavior.

Did you not want them to respond to a reported crime?

Is it necessary to respond as if the US were invaded?

Do you suggest we leave the children in place to possibly be further victimized or manipulated in terms of trial?

Do you always assert people are guilty with no evidence?

Lib, my friend I am going to play along here. But I am not going to get into a wide range of conspiracy theories or tactical and or political decisions. There is another section for that. Just to say up front. But lets get to it. :D
They were armed? Proof? Any illegal arms?
I would say the branch Davidians were armed. There are 4 dead ATF agents and about 20 wounded to show that. As for illegal arms, I am not sure and I dont think anyone does. They had evidence the crazies had hand grenades and quite a few AK-47s and M-16/AR-15 types that had been or at least the parts were purchased to make them fully auto. I have owned an AR-15, I know how easy it is to convert that into an illegal weapon. I dont think anyone will know how fired the first shot, but that is worthy of a warrant and further investigation in my book.

No, actually, they got an anonymous phone call from a person who purported to be a girl in the compound. Whoa, hit the paranoid defcon 5 button, roll out the tanks, bazookas, and attack helicopters.
What did I say was incorrect. The reports are saying it was a 16 year old girl. I didnt take the call and dont know. But a local shelter got a call. Saying something bad was happening. Worthy of an investigation. This is what it produced. Several examples of girls who were considered to be married, to people it was illegal to be married to. Because those guys were married to someone else and/or the girls they were married to were under age.
Do you always assert people are guilty with no evidence?
No, Only when my master George W. Bush tells me to:rolleyes:

Lib, my friend I am going to play along here. But I am not going to get into a wide range of conspiracy theories or tactical and or political decisions. There is another section for that. Just to say up front. But lets get to it. :D

I would say the branch Davidians were armed. There are 4 dead ATF agents and about 20 wounded to show that. As for illegal arms, I am not sure and I dont think anyone does. They had evidence the crazies had hand grenades and quite a few AK-47s and M-16/AR-15 types that had been or at least the parts were purchased to make them fully auto. I have owned an AR-15, I know how easy it is to convert that into an illegal weapon. I dont think anyone will know how fired the first shot, but that is worthy of a warrant and further investigation in my book.

So what was the smart thing to do?

1. Easily pick up Koresh off the street in Waco, or

2. Re-enact a D-Day assault on a building that has lots of children?

I would day the smart thing to do is just what they did. No casualties. Let the courts decide.

These women lost their right to be mothers when they joined that sect. They violated the sacred relationships inherent to marriage, family and maternity by subscribing to such madness. They're not 'mothers' at all, but human breeding stock, who surrendered their lives and those of their offspring to crazed, misogynist men, still living in the 18th century. :mad:

Umm you forgot about the fact that it was over guns, you still had a cult with a stash of arms to deal with..They wanted a fight with the government..they got it, they lost.

Funny how fast the Right wing gets all, Flower power, peace and love when its A Democrat who is in office. They had the guns, they used they died...Tough. Dont shoot at cops and your far less likey to get shot back at. ( that is not 100%)

Umm you forgot about the fact that it was over guns, you still had a cult with a stash of arms to deal with..They wanted a fight with the government..they got it, they lost.

The people who wanted a fight was the FBI and ATF under Bubba Clinton and Janet Reno - instead of just picking up Koresh off the street, they watched John Wayne movies, got a hard on, and made a military assault on a minority religious compound. Result? 45 kids dead. Hooray for them - a great victory.

The people who wanted a fight was the FBI and ATF under Bubba Clinton and Janet Reno - instead of just picking up Koresh off the street, they watched John Wayne movies, got a hard on, and made a military assault on a minority religious compound. Result? 45 kids dead. Hooray for them - a great victory.

Yeah.....there was some Law Enforcement vengeance at work there. I've been to the site, BTW. Not much left to see. A few nuts still hang out on the backroads, trying to con passers-by into purchasing 'souvenirs' (mostly weird, photo-copied pamphlets).

Umm Again That does net rid of the large stash of Illegal arms now does it?

Also How is there fault that they went to arrenst them? Funny story...if thye did not stock pile Illegal arms...then they would not have had any problem would they?

Cops jobs are not to stalk and wait for Armed suspects to leave there homes and be out in the open , maybe we can say they have to be no people within 100 yards? and Then arrest them....Never ever just go to the place they are , where the Evidence is, and where the others who are involved are.

Same to drug deals...no more busting Meth labs, crack houses..and other crimes ...please wait for the criminals to got o approved arresting area.

They Broke the law
they shot at officers
Cops shot back
They set there own camp on fire

They burned
They found out there god was a joke.

Werbung:
Umm Again That does net rid of the large stash of Illegal arms now does it?

Also How is there fault that they went to arrenst them? Funny story...if thye did not stock pile Illegal arms...then they would not have had any problem would they?

I'm tiring of your "large stash of Illegal arms" - from the wiki article on the ATF/FBI seige:

Various gun-control groups, such as Handgun Control Incorporated and the Violence Policy Center have claimed that the Branch Davidans had used .50 caliber rifles and that therefore these types of firearms should be banned.[27][28] However, the evidence of this is unclear; the US Treasury Department, in a memorandum to the press dated July 13, 1995 titled "Weapons Possessed by the Branch Davidians", provided an inventory of all the firearms and firearm-related items that were recovered from the Branch Davidian's compound, which claims no .50 rifles or machine guns were recovered, only 4 .50 magazines, 3 .50 magazine springs and .50 belt links[7]. Several years later, the General Accounting Office in response to a request from Henry Waxman released a briefing paper titled, "Criminal Activity Associated with .50 Caliber Semiautomatic Rifles" which claims that the Branch Davidians did have access to and used .50 rifles.[29] The GAO's claim is based on an unsourced BATF claim that the Branch Davidians fired on the BATF with a .50 rifle. There has not been a reconciliation between the Treasury Department's account and the GAO's.

In other words, there is NO PROOF that there was an "illegal stash" - stop propagating falsehoods.

Cops jobs are not to stalk and wait for Armed suspects to leave there homes and be out in the open , maybe we can say they have to be no people within 100 yards? and Then arrest them....Never ever just go to the place they are , where the Evidence is, and where the others who are involved are.

Police behavior is always expected to be rational - to end up with scores of people getting killed for no good reason is irrational.

Same to drug deals...no more busting Meth labs, crack houses..and other crimes ...please wait for the criminals to got o approved arresting area.

Ridiculous comparison.

They Broke the law
they shot at officers
Cops shot back
They set there own camp on fire

They burned
They found out there god was a joke.

Approval of fascism, and religious bigotry all in one paragraph - congratulations.

Back