Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
...give women full equality...
The word "equality" is an antonym for what it is that you actually advocate:

Discrimination - treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

The word "equality" is an antonym for what it is that you actually advocate:

Discrimination - treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

I do not think so. You must be a Christian male if the definition is your biggest concern. If you are not, I partially retract the insult.

Regards
DL

Just as peasants - the most exploited class under feudalism - used to support their masters, so female persons were conditioned to support religion. It is the way Americans are brainwashed to support capitalism, and imperialism, because without them those things couldn't exist. People wake up, and see sunlight eventually. That is nice!

Just as peasants - the most exploited class under feudalism - used to support their masters, so female persons were conditioned to support religion. It is the way Americans are brainwashed to support capitalism, and imperialism, because without them those things couldn't exist. People wake up, and see sunlight eventually. That is nice!

This is going to be fun ... but, I suspect, will get boring real quick.

Maybe you can explain to me just WHO is being exploited in capitalism.

Do not count on that. For evil to grow all good people need do is nothing.

If we do nothing then we are a part of the problem.

Regards
DL

Do not count on that. For evil to grow all good people need do is nothing.

If we do nothing then we are a part of the problem.

Regards
DL

I don't think that it's possible to do nothing without being dead. For business reasons (or so it seems to me, from here) a lot of American men pretend to believe in religion, and a lot of women (here too) pretend to do so for company. By and large, women have been conditioned to care about 'society', of which some sort of religion has been a normal part. Here that has gone by, but I'd guess that in a more atomised and depressing society like yours it still has such a function. It's domination by ludicrous old-fashioned 'male' values, though, may well attract the Mother's Boys, but it will tend to put off modern Mothers.

I don't think that it's possible to do nothing without being dead. For business reasons (or so it seems to me, from here) a lot of American men pretend to believe in religion, and a lot of women (here too) pretend to do so for company. By and large, women have been conditioned to care about 'society', of which some sort of religion has been a normal part. Here that has gone by, but I'd guess that in a more atomised and depressing society like yours it still has such a function. It's domination by ludicrous old-fashioned 'male' values, though, may well attract the Mother's Boys, but it will tend to put off modern Mothers.

I would revers that statement of depressing society and send it south and East.

You are correct that many who say they believe do not. They just follow culture and tradition. That likely applies to the majority of believers because there cannot be that many foolish people around or things would not be as good as they are in non-equality issues.

Regards
DL

I would revers that statement of depressing society and send it south and East.

You are correct that many who say they believe do not. They just follow culture and tradition. That likely applies to the majority of believers because there cannot be that many foolish people around or things would not be as good as they are in non-equality issues.

Regards
DL
As to which societies are more depressed it would be difficult for either of us to say. It is interesting, though, that here the 'culture and tradition' seem to have broken down: it would be interesting to discover what makes for the difference. I have just come back from a holiday at home it what was once an extremely non-conformist (Methodist, Wesleyan, Baptist. Congregationalist etc), and they all agree that it is gone. And, no, no-one is Muslim, except in Cardiff, where they drink!

As to which societies are more depressed it would be difficult for either of us to say. It is interesting, though, that here the 'culture and tradition' seem to have broken down: it would be interesting to discover what makes for the difference. I have just come back from a holiday at home it what was once an extremely non-conformist (Methodist, Wesleyan, Baptist. Congregationalist etc), and they all agree that it is gone. And, no, no-one is Muslim, except in Cardiff, where they drink!

The tipping point of non-belief and belief is already hitting some places. Religion's days are numbered. I give them one more generation.

Soonest is best if they cannot clean up their act.

Regards
DL

The tipping point of non-belief and belief is already hitting some places. Religion's days are numbered. I give them one more generation.

Soonest is best if they cannot clean up their act.

Regards
DL

Of course! That explains the trending back to religion by disaffected and disappointed millenials, right?

Check the numbers as they drop.

Regards
DL

We're all familiar with the saying, "figures don't lie, but liars figure". Clearly, that is what happens in this 'video'. If you listen carefully, you will note that the whole hypothesis is based on "the percentage of growth in unafilliateds is higher than the percentage of growth in the religious."

To start, let's look at that - simple math shows that it is much easier to gain a "percentage of growth" in 20%, than it is in 80%. If we were to create a group of 100,000, (80% religious and 20% unaffiliated), in order to see a 5% growth, the unafilliated only need to increase by 1,000, whereas the religious, in order to realize the same level of growth, would have to increase by 4,000. So, using "percentage of growth" as the measurement criteria is intellectually dishonest.

Instead, let's look at reality [again, you will notice ... it is intellectually dishonest to use 'unaffiliated' as the measurement of non-believers] ....

-------------------------------------
I’ve seen it many times. A confident statement by a committed atheist that religion is dying out. It is inevitable. Modernisation, especially science, has made it impossible for the virus of faith to survive much longer.

Scandinavia is a peaceful paradise and almost godless, and shows that once society rides itself of God, prosperity and happiness follow. Well known atheist blogger and scientist, Jerry Coyne, has faith in this:

I believe with all my heart that some day America will end up like Scandinavia: virtually godless. I won’t live to see it, but I’m confident it will happen, and the trend is in that direction.

Many religious leaders see the same trends with concern but others disagree. God is still in business, they say, people are still being converted, and true religion is on the cusp of a comeback.

Everyone has a point of view and most of us have bias. Many of us fall victim to wishful thinking when we consider matters close to our hearts. Who has got it right? What do statistics and the experts say?

Secularisation theory
Back in the 1960s, sociologists like Peter Berger and Bryan Wilson argued that as the modern world became more affluent and secure, and people became more educated, people were becoming more rational and less in need of religion. As a result, “sectors of society and culture are removed from the domination of religious institutions and symbols.” (Peter Berger).

Modernisation was seen as inevitably leading to secularisation, and religion would soon become unimportant in advanced cultures.

Contemporary expressions of the inevitability of secularisation
I have already quoted Jerry Coyne’s view on the certainty of this. He has discussed the world statistics further here, under the title Religion dying off.

And there are mathematical models to “prove it”. Based on census data from nine western countries, one study predicted that religion would “all but die out altogether in those countries”.

Psychologist Nigel Barber has also argued that statistics show that “improved living conditions are associated with a decline in religion”. He therefore used mathematical models of religious belief and increasing affluence to lead to the conclusion that by about 2040 the world will have reached a level of affluence to make it majority atheist, or at least a majority seeing religion as unimportant. However this is a long way short of religion “dying out”.

What does the data say?
Recent surveys indicate:
  • The four largest religious groupings in the world are Christians 31.5%, Muslims 23.2%, Unaffiliated 16.3% and Hindus 15.0%. More than 60% of the unaffiliated live in China. However the study points out that “many of the unaffiliated hold some religious or spiritual beliefs (such as belief in God or a universal spirit) even though they do not identify with a particular faith.” It is therefore difficult to say from this data how many atheists there are and whether their numbers are growing as secularisation predicts.
  • The International Bulletin of Missionary Research has data for more than a century that shows which beliefs are growing as a percentage of world population (Islam, Pentecostal Christians) and which are declining (non-Pentecostal christians and those not included among the four major religions). Again this data doesn’t tell us how atheism is doing.
  • In the US, the numbers of unaffiliated are currently almost 20%, rising at about 1% a year, and greater among the young. However only 2.4% of these are atheist plus 3.3% agnostic, with the remaining 13.9% of the unaffiliated not identifying with any group.
  • In Australia, there has been a steady growth (about 4% per decade) in the number of people having no religion.
  • Other studies around the world suggest that unbelief never gets above 40% in any country – many people who stop believing in a specific religion still believe in a “life force” or “universal spirit”.
The data thus shows that while religion is declining in many countries, it is growing in others. And those who leave a religion are generally more likely to hold to some less defined religious belief, or have no interest in the question, rather than self identify as atheist.

(cont'd)

Critics of the secularisation thesis
The secularisation thesis has been abandoned by most sociologists (though not all), because, they say, it hasn’t happened.

The sociologists change their minds
Berger and most other sociologists of religion have realised that their earlier thesis was based predominantly on European data and the assumption that most other countries would follow the European model. The US was seen as an aberration. (The data used by Barber and others to predict the demise of religion by 2040 was also based on this assumption.)

But they are now confident that the world is not generally following that model. For example, the increasingly affluent middle class in China is showing growing interest in christianity. And while the number of non-believers is growing in the US, they doubt it will follow Europe.

Secularisation is more likely to mean pluralism with no dominant religion, rather than atheism. In most countries religion and modernity appear to be quite compatible.

God is back
About 5 years ago John Micklethwait and Adrian Wooldridge published God is Back, which reviewed the data and the sociologists’ conclusions. The authors (both journalists) concluded that “the global revival of faith is changing the world”. This review summarised their conclusions:

If there is any trend that can be discerned in the parts of the world that are most rapidly modernising, it is that secular belief systems are in decline and the old faiths are being reborn.

The effect of birthrate
Political Scientist Eric Kaufmann argues that atheism will not succeed because atheists, who are in largest numbers in affluent societies, have lower birthrates. Michael Blume provides data to support this conclusion, though others disagree.

Summary
  1. It seems likely that christianity will continue to lose ground in some of the more affluent western countries, including the US, but continue to gain converts in Asia, Africa and South America. Islam will continue to grow (including in Europe) because it has a higher birthrate.
  2. Atheism will probably continue to grow slowly in the west, but the bulk of those leaving the major religions will probably not end up atheist, but have some less defined religious belief or simply be unaffiliated.
  3. It isn’t at all clear whether the numbers of the unaffiliated will grow or not. The growth of the unaffiliated in western countries may be offset by a decline in China, where the bulk of the world’s unaffiliated live, and where christianity is growing fastest of anywhere.
Conclusion
It seems the future is not as certain as Jerry Coyne and other atheists hope. They have extrapolated from Europe’s past and the US present, but the experts think this is an inadequate, and probably wrong, basis for prediction.

But in the end, prediction means little. The future will tell its own story.

http://www.is-there-a-god.info/blog...g-out-is-this-inevitable-in-the-modern-world/

In short, if you were to posit that people are leaving ORGANIZED religion, you may be able to make a case (though, frankly, I don't think it would stand scrutiny). But, just as clearly, I don't think you can say there is a massive migration from belief in God.

Werbung:
The American Humanist Association (AHA) is about to learn a very important lesson -- folks around Gainesville, Georgia don’t take kindly to out-of-town atheists trying to bully their children.

More than 200 people turned out in defiance of the self-described atheist group early Wednesday morning for an impromptu prayer rally in the middle of the Chestatee High School football field.

The previous day, the atheists (acting on behalf of a single, unnamed citizen) sent a letter to school officials demanding that the football coaching staff stop participating in team prayers and that they remove all biblical references and religious messages from team documents.

More than 200 people turned out in defiance of the self-described atheist group early Wednesday morning for an impromptu prayer rally in the middle of the Chestatee High School football field.
To best of anyone’s knowledge around Gainesville, no one associated with the football team has a problem with the voluntary prayers. The atheists says that’s beside the point citing the Establishment Clause.

The atheists apparently went undercover to photograph coaches engaged in what they considered to be unseemly and unconstitutional behavior with the teenage football players.

“We have received reports that CHS coaches have joined players in prayer while standing in a circle, hands interlocked,” the atheists breathlessly reported in their letter to the Hall County School District.

Hands interlocked? I can only imagine that atheists across the fruited plain shuddered at such damning evidence.

The atheists also got upset because the team workout schedule included the words “Fortitude 2014, Gal. 6:9” and the cheerleaders wrote a Bible verse on a large banner: “Iron Sharpens Iron, Proverbs 21:17.”

Cleanse the school of religion or prepare to be sued, the atheists warned.

As we say in the Deep South, local residents are preparing to back up and bring it.

“If the atheist group doesn’t like the prayer, tell them to stick their fingers in their ears,” said one caller to radio station WDUN.

Parents of football players also sounded off – lighting up the telephone lines at the popular news radio station.

“I am a mom of two of the football players on the CHS football team and I consider it an honor and a privilege to have my boys on a team that is led by men that believe and trust in God,” one caller said. “I think it's a shame for one person to try and take that away from them.”

The American Humanist Association said the coaches are using their positions to promote Christianity and they said it appears that such religious activity is not an isolated incident.

Guilty as charged, said Congressman Doug Collins. He represents Georgia’s ninth congressional district.

“The liberal atheist interest groups trying to bully Chestatee High School kids say they have a reason to believe that expressions of religious freedom are ‘not an isolated event’ in Northeast Georgia,” Collins wrote in a statement. “They’re right. In Hall County and throughout Georgia’s 9th district, we understand and respect the Constitution and cherish our right to worship in our own way.”

Amen, Congressman Collins. Preach it.

And it was not lost on Collins that while the American atheists are picking on high school kids, Christians in Iraq are facing unspeakable atrocities.

“It’s utterly disgusting that while innocent lives are being lost in Iraq and other places at the hands of radical religious terrorists, a bunch of Washington lawyers are finding the time to pick on kids in Northeast Georgia,” he said.

I suspect that the atheists truly believe that Christian football coaches who pray with there are religious extremists.

Supt. Will Schofield told WDUN they would investigate the claims of the atheists .

“We need to be very careful, very deliberate and do this in a very defendable manner,” the superintendent said. “There was an awful lot in that letter that I don’t think has any legal basis. There are some things we do need to look at so we are sure we are doing things the right way.”

In other words, the superintendent was not intimidated by the seven-page threat he received from the AHA. I say, good for him.

“Unfortunately when school systems get letters like this and people start rattling sabers, usually the first reaction by a lot of school districts is, ‘Oh my goodness, we don’t want to be in the news. We don’t want to be sued, so we better stop doing whatever we are doing,’” he said. “I don’t think that will be the first reaction of the Hall County School Board.

Finally! A public school official with a backbone!

Hiram Sasser, of the Liberty Institute law firm, told me the atheists don’t have a prayer.

“Don’t these people have more important issues to pursue than going on a witch hunt for anything that is remotely religious?” he asked. “Teachers and coaches who are not on contract time and in their individual roles as citizens may in fact pray with students after school.”

“I want the football players and all the students at CHS to know that I support you, I’m here for you, and yes, I’m praying for you,” Rep. Collins said.

Well said, congressman. And I believe they also have the prayers of Christians across the nation.

Back