World Series Prediction

BigRob

Rex Sox
Devil Rays
Dodgers
Phillies

Who do you have?

I have Red Sox beating the Phillies in 6. Tampa is good, but Boston has to many big game players. Same reason I think Boston beats the Phillies in the World Series.

Werbung:
Rex Sox
Devil Rays
Dodgers
Phillies

Who do you have?

I have Red Sox beating the Phillies in 6. Tampa is good, but Boston has to many big game players. Same reason I think Boston beats the Phillies in the World Series.

You're the expert in that field. Your prediction would be a lot better than my guess.:)

You're the expert in that field. Your prediction would be a lot better than my guess.:)

:D I am watching Beckett pitch right now and he does not look like the Beckett of last year though. Could be problematic for games 6-7 whichever he would go next.

The one thing we do know about baseball is that you can have all the best players out there, but anyone can go out and beat anyone on any day.

:D I am watching Beckett pitch right now and he does not look like the Beckett of last year though. Could be problematic for games 6-7 whichever he would go next.

The one thing we do know about baseball is that you can have all the best players out there, but anyone can go out and beat anyone on any day.

So right now you'd say the Sox all the way?

So right now you'd say the Sox all the way?

Well yes, but with a struggling Beckett it could cause some serious problems to my predictions lol.

I think the Phillies will go, but I would match up Dice-K, Beckett, and Lester against anyone. Of course I am counting on Beckett being his usual dominant self, which he has not so far this post season. I still stick with the Red Sox at this point, mostly because in must wins, Beckett is money, and come game 6-7 I think he dominates.

Well yes, but with a struggling Beckett it could cause some serious problems to my predictions lol.

I think the Phillies will go, but I would match up Dice-K, Beckett, and Lester against anyone. Of course I am counting on Beckett being his usual dominant self, which he has not so far this post season. I still stick with the Red Sox at this point, mostly because in must wins, Beckett is money, and come game 6-7 I think he dominates.

I don't know if anyone else was watching the Boston/Tampa game just now, but it was awesome.

Series now 1-1.

I'll try to catch more of it and see how they do. Thanks for the professional insight.

Beckett is pitching hurt--he didn't top 92MPH once, and most of his fastballs barely hit 90 on the radar. That's about 6-8MPH shy of his usual stuff. He's good, not good enough to win without his blazing fastball. Very few pitchers are (two that come to mind are Curt Schilling & Mike Mussina)...Beckett may well manage it in ten years or so (he's only, IIRC, 27), but not yet.

And Jon Lester just got clobbered for 5 runs. :(

Beckett is pitching hurt--he didn't top 92MPH once, and most of his fastballs barely hit 90 on the radar. That's about 6-8MPH shy of his usual stuff. He's good, not good enough to win without his blazing fastball. Very few pitchers are (two that come to mind are Curt Schilling & Mike Mussina)...Beckett may well manage it in ten years or so (he's only, IIRC, 27), but not yet.

And Jon Lester just got clobbered for 5 runs. :(

I know, my predictions are coming apart lol. Red Sox have all these big game players that are just not performing. Part of me wants to see Tampa do it, but Boston is the better team in my view.

In fairness to Beckett he usually sits at 94 the entire game, and his two-seamer is his money pitch (starts inside runs back across), but he just did not have it.

But that is baseball for you. In October, anyone can beat anyone.

I know, my predictions are coming apart lol. Red Sox have all these big game players that are just not performing. Part of me wants to see Tampa do it, but Boston is the better team in my view.

In fairness to Beckett he usually sits at 94 the entire game, and his two-seamer is his money pitch (starts inside runs back across), but he just did not have it.

But that is baseball for you. In October, anyone can beat anyone.

Beckett is not back in form after the injury to his oblique muscle, that's fairly obvious...he pitched poorly in game 3 of the Angels series and was horrible the other night.

Also, the Red Sox are not the same team without Manny. Jason Bay has done a great job but the loss of Ramirez has affected the entire lineup, particularly David Ortiz..who has done absolutely nothing this playoffs.

If they're not hitting, they need to win with pitching, but after the game Lester had today and with Beckett's problems it doesn't look good.

Beckett is not back in form after the injury to his oblique muscle, that's fairly obvious...he pitched poorly in game 3 of the Angels series and was horrible the other night.

Also, the Red Sox are not the same team without Manny. Jason Bay has done a great job but the loss of Ramirez has affected the entire lineup, particularly David Ortiz..who has done absolutely nothing this playoffs.

If they're not hitting, they need to win with pitching, but after the game Lester had today and with Beckett's problems it doesn't look good.

Sad to say you might be right. Ortiz has done nothing expect get out, and the pitching has been terrible, with the exception of Dice-K, and Masterson and Papelbon of course.

Beckett came out and said he felt fine, but I guess he really is not. I still think the Red Sox have to many big game players to not make a run of it, especially in Boston.

Tampa is playing quite well though, if they do manage to beat Boston, I hope they take it all.

I just hope Beckett can get it together at least for 5 innings or so should he be going in game 5-6-7 and at least keep it close. I expect Dice-K to do well again, and hopefully Lester has a better showing next time too.

Bay is hitting BETTER than Manny. That isn't why Ortiz isn't hitting...he's also playing hurt (wrist). They're also missing the 2007 World Series MVP, Mike Lowell.

Bay is hitting BETTER than Manny. That isn't why Ortiz isn't hitting...he's also playing hurt (wrist). They're also missing the 2007 World Series MVP, Mike Lowell.

Yea, Bay was a solid pick up. The Red Sox offense is fine without Manny. Having Ortiz producing sure does not hurt anything though.

I am mostly concerned about their pitching at this point. I do think Youkalis has done a fine job at third and Kotsay has been decent at first though. Still makes for a solid line-up.

Bay's numbers are good, but he doesn't strike fear in the opposition like Manny did. Ramirez is the best pure hitter in baseball. Remember Ortiz was just a journeyman player until he came to Boston and started hitting in front of Manny.

Yea, Bay was a solid pick up. The Red Sox offense is fine without Manny. Having Ortiz producing sure does not hurt anything though.

I am mostly concerned about their pitching at this point. I do think Youkalis has done a fine job at third and Kotsay has been decent at first though. Still makes for a solid line-up.

They're going down again tonight, I turned it off. Maybe this is just the Rays year. The Red Sox need to pick up another big time power hitter in the off season. Like I said in the other post, the loss of Manny has had a negative ripple effect up and down their lineup..notice how when Manny went to LA just the opposite happened.

Werbung:
They're going down again tonight, I turned it off. Maybe this is just the Rays year. The Red Sox need to pick up another big time power hitter in the off season. Like I said in the other post, the loss of Manny has had a negative ripple effect up and down their lineup..notice how when Manny went to LA just the opposite happened.

Yea, it is depressing. Manny is legit, no doubt about that one, but from what I read Manny was quite the negative influence in the clubhouse, and most of the team wanted him gone. I think it was a good move to trade him, Boston justs need to ensure pitching gets healthy over the off-season.

If Tampa goes to the World Series though, I would like to see them win. It would be pretty neat seeing them go from last to best. I wonder if they dismantle like the Marlins did, or if they keep the core together.

Back