Worst President Ever?

That's nonsense - factories had to be completely re-tooled to make war materiel after the war started.

Read it again. You completely misunderstood Bunz's post.

Set the tone of doesn't mean retooled the factories for. That second part was the easy part.

Werbung:
No, this is not a thread about George Bush. He's just mildly bad. I'd like to nominate :

FDR - brought communism to America.
Wilson - brought imperial hubris to America.
Lincoln - brought fascism to America.

I think Lincoln is probably one of the worst presidents we've ever had; the way people idolize him never ceases to surprise me.
Lincoln did not consider African Americans the equal of the white man. It is not even known if he supported African-American freedom. Lincoln was the ultimate Machiavellian president. He spent his early life as a whig, until the very end of that party when it was replaced by the republican party. The main supporters of the republicans were the abolitionists, and any Republican candidate who was pro-slavery in that election would not have won the nomination. It wasn't until about six months before that nomination process started that Lincoln began speaking out against slavery. he went with the politically expedient position.
The Civil War was in large part his fault; he forced the confederated hand by supplying the fort (its name slips my mind) in the way and time that he did. Lincoln was a politician, and a great one, but not the man of morals and ethics that people make him out to be.

I think Lincoln is probably one of the worst presidents we've ever had; the way people idolize him never ceases to surprise me.
Lincoln did not consider African Americans the equal of the white man. It is not even known if he supported African-American freedom. Lincoln was the ultimate Machiavellian president. He spent his early life as a whig, until the very end of that party when it was replaced by the republican party. The main supporters of the republicans were the abolitionists, and any Republican candidate who was pro-slavery in that election would not have won the nomination. It wasn't until about six months before that nomination process started that Lincoln began speaking out against slavery. he went with the politically expedient position.
The Civil War was in large part his fault; he forced the confederated hand by supplying the fort (its name slips my mind) in the way and time that he did. Lincoln was a politician, and a great one, but not the man of morals and ethics that people make him out to be.

Lincoln made giant strides for blacks that they otherwise wouldn't have made. Lincoln was very progressive for his times, yet here you are, arrogantly re-examining him from the perspective of 2008. If someone looks back at YOUR life 143 years from now, will they find anything to criticize based on the morality of 2151?

Lincoln made giant strides for blacks that they otherwise wouldn't have made. Lincoln was very progressive for his times, yet here you are, arrogantly re-examining him from the perspective of 2008. If someone looks back at YOUR life 143 years from now, will they find anything to criticize based on the morality of 2151?

The "giant strides" you refer to were coming about soon anyway. Lincoln won the election even though he did not receive a single vote in ten of the southern states. The abolitionist North States would have nominated an abolitionist in every election until the African-Americans were freed. Lincoln simply harnessed the wave. he was a politician who does what ever would win him the most votes. He was a gifted speaker, and he got the job done, whether he believed in it or not, but he isn't the man many wish he was. That would just be normal for a president if he wasn't Abraham Lincoln, the famous martyr who held the nation together in its worst times. When you compare the legend to the fact, it seems like the most evil trickery and I can't respect the man for it.

Werbung:
Back