Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Would Jesus condemn or condone Yahweh for his crimes against humanity?

I see more than one Jesus speaking through the bible. The good Jesus would likely condemn while the less moral and good Jesus that most follow might not. A number of his policies have been found wanting, --- in moral terms.

Dogma says that Jesus ascended to heaven and his rightful place as judge of the universe at Yahweh’s right hand. The pure hand says tradition.

Would Jesus dethrone Yahweh for the insane genocidal example he shows for a god, or would Jesus somehow justify what Yahweh, and himself to Trinitarians, did?

Would Jesus say that genocide was good?

Heaven forbid.

Condemn or Condone?

I say Jesus would condemn Yahweh.

What say you my moral friends?

Regards

DL

Werbung:
Jesus was in process of liberating himself (and us) from primitive religion. Condemnation wouldn't have been his thing.

Jesus was in process of liberating himself (and us) from primitive religion. Condemnation wouldn't have been his thing.

Liberation as in from an oppressor?

One must condemn an oppressor before liberation can begin.

Your first is bang on. Your logic not so bang on.

Regards
DL

Liberation as in from an oppressor?

One must condemn an oppressor before liberation can begin.

Your first is bang on. Your logic not so bang on.

Regards
DL

Liberation from primitive old bullshit about an all-powerful Fifth-Century BC tyrant modelling for 'God' by way of a newer image. It's about ways of seeing rather than blame, I think.

Liberation from primitive old bullshit about an all-powerful Fifth-Century BC tyrant modelling for 'God' by way of a newer image. It's about ways of seeing rather than blame, I think.

True. But I see it as seeing where blame belongs and speaking up for the blame.

The old must die before the new takes over. Note the presentation of that in this.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

First comes the chastisement, then the solution. In this case, scrap the traditions.

Regards
DL

True. But I see it as seeing where blame belongs and speaking up for the blame.

The old must die before the new takes over. Note the presentation of that in this.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

First comes the chastisement, then the solution. In this case, scrap the traditions.

Regards
DL

What 'God' thinks or ever thought is not something for which I'd depend upon the antique tribal myths of a not particularly delightful Middle-Eastern people a long time ago. I think we project our own beliefs onto this concept, and if we disagree with other projections it is not surprising.

Werbung:
What 'God' thinks or ever thought is not something for which I'd depend upon the antique tribal myths of a not particularly delightful Middle-Eastern people a long time ago. I think we project our own beliefs onto this concept, and if we disagree with other projections it is not surprising.

For sure.

You are showing your good maners as compared to mine with your "not particularly delightful"

I, like Joseph Campbell in his description of the older Jews who were all shepherds and travelling nomads, would have said they were murderers and cutthroats. Somewhat like what Vikings seen as later in history due to their modus operandi.

The ancient hate towards the Jews had to start somewhere.

Regards
DL

Back