Would todays Democrats accept JFK into their party?

steveox

Would today’s Democrats actually still like John F. Kennedy?

Democrats like to criticize the Republican party’s more conservative wing by suggesting that the party would no longer accept Ronald Reagan as its standard bearer, but columnist Jeff Jacoby wonders: Would Democrats embrace JFK today?

Today’s Democratic Party — the home of Barack Obama, John Kerry, and Al Gore — wouldn’t give the time of day to a candidate like JFK.

The 35th president was an ardent tax-cutter who championed across-the-board, top-to-bottom reductions in personal and corporate tax rates, slashed tariffs to promote free trade, and even spoke out against the “confiscatory” property taxes being levied in too many cities.

He was anything but a big-spending, welfare-state liberal. “I do not believe that Washington should do for the people what they can do for themselves through local and private effort,” Kennedy bluntly avowed during the 1960 campaign. One of his first acts as president was to institute a pay cut for top White House staffers, and that was only the start of his budgetary austerity. “To the surprise of many of his appointees,” longtime aide Ted Sorensen would later write, he “personally scrutinized every agency request with a cold eye and encouraged his budget director to say ‘no.’ ”

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/10/21/would-todays-democrats-actually-still-like-john-f-kennedy/

Figures

Werbung:

Democrats like to criticize the Republican party’s more conservative wing by suggesting that the party would no longer accept Ronald Reagan as its standard bearer, but columnist Jeff Jacoby wonders: Would Democrats embrace JFK today?

Today’s Democratic Party — the home of Barack Obama, John Kerry, and Al Gore — wouldn’t give the time of day to a candidate like JFK.

The 35th president was an ardent tax-cutter who championed across-the-board, top-to-bottom reductions in personal and corporate tax rates, slashed tariffs to promote free trade, and even spoke out against the “confiscatory” property taxes being levied in too many cities.

He was anything but a big-spending, welfare-state liberal. “I do not believe that Washington should do for the people what they can do for themselves through local and private effort,” Kennedy bluntly avowed during the 1960 campaign. One of his first acts as president was to institute a pay cut for top White House staffers, and that was only the start of his budgetary austerity. “To the surprise of many of his appointees,” longtime aide Ted Sorensen would later write, he “personally scrutinized every agency request with a cold eye and encouraged his budget director to say ‘no.’ ”

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/10/21/would-todays-democrats-actually-still-like-john-f-kennedy/

Figures
Absolutely not. Kennedy was for lower taxes, smaller government and worst of all he was a patriot. Everything todays Marxist Democratic Party despises. Hell, the Republicans would dislike Kennedy today.

Not sure JFK could get a foot in the GOPs door these days. Too "extreme".
The Marxist Democrats have already labeled patriots as terrorist, extremist, and a threat. I am more than sure that would include JFK.

The GOP will never allow someone like that to win the primaries either. Both parties are leftist and will oppose any other candidate thats not left.

TEXAS TEA I have a Better candidate in mind.
Putin_President.jpg

Kennedy was for a few massively progressive ideas like Civil Rights. However, other than that, he seemed very conservative. Considering his conservative outlook, I'm not sure if he would have approved Johnson's Great Society, though I could be wrong. Looking back at Kennedy's time though, few conservatives liked him. They saw him as the Obama of their time.

Actually, is everyone sure he was a conservative? Wasn't the "New Frontier" another form of the "Great Society"?

yes, and why is it that trolls call Liberals anti American, hate America, and all this bullshit

But yet they are the ones who accuse our military of trying to invade Texas, make bullshit up about FEMA Camps, Refuse to help other Americans when Disaster hits, but cry when it hits them for its help) Bitch that Democats hate America because they are willing to try to make a deal to prevent Iran from getting the bomb...but yet they can trade arms for hostages and invade Iraq..aka the biggest gift to Iran in 5 life times.

The Liberals hate America shit, is 100% Unamerican. Crying and pretending anyone who does not agree with you hates America because you don't agree one whats best for America....your asking for a Dictatorship where only your ideas can be valid...what is more unamerican then that? G W Bush drove this nation into a Ditch, but I never questioned his belief it was the best thing for the US...I question his being correct...not his intent.

that's the different, I don't question peoples intent ...Texas Tea is very poor thinking, lacking any real insight into anything of value, and a ignorant waste of space.....But I am sure he loves America...he just would destroy it with his love.

Also yes they would accept him, Democrats are allowed to be moderates. Its not Republican party

yes, and why is it that trolls call Liberals anti American, hate America, and all this bullshit

But yet they are the ones who accuse our military of trying to invade Texas, make bullshit up about FEMA Camps, Refuse to help other Americans when Disaster hits, but cry when it hits them for its help) Bitch that Democats hate America because they are willing to try to make a deal to prevent Iran from getting the bomb...but yet they can trade arms for hostages and invade Iraq..aka the biggest gift to Iran in 5 life times.

The Liberals hate America shit, is 100% Unamerican. Crying and pretending anyone who does not agree with you hates America because you don't agree one whats best for America....your asking for a Dictatorship where only your ideas can be valid...what is more unamerican then that? G W Bush drove this nation into a Ditch, but I never questioned his belief it was the best thing for the US...I question his being correct...not his intent.

that's the different, I don't question peoples intent ...Texas Tea is very poor thinking, lacking any real insight into anything of value, and a ignorant waste of space.....But I am sure he loves America...he just would destroy it with his love.

Also yes they would accept him, Democrats are allowed to be moderates. Its not Republican party

I think both parties have their extremists. Often, they are incredibly unreasonable people. I can't really stand extreme Republicans, but by the same token, I can't stand radical atheists, or anti-American Europeans. It seems like these folks are preachy, and always trying vent off steam. Of course, such behavior is fine for an internet forum, but in real life can lead to a fight. :mad:

Hey, why not, don't forget JFK isn't the only member of that family to enter to political arena. His brother Ted was beloved in Congress and considered the Lion of the Sente for years before his death. There are Democrats who have conservative veiws on some subjects. I am a Democrat and I don't consider myself a radical liberal. I can see the views of the conservative side to a certain degree. If I don't agree with it, I still am willing to respect it, not eveyrone can say that though I'm sorry to say. But the Kennedy family even if they had some conservative values were still people that the public respected and I think that they were examples of what the Democratic party should want to be when it comes to putting the people first.

I'm no fan of hs brother Teddy. :mad: He was a coward because he let that poor woman die. He made no attempt to save her, when saving her was totally possible. I don't think even liberals should have liked Teddy. His career should have ended after that accident. How did ever manage to gain enough prestige to challenge Carter for the 1980 nomination?

I'm no fan of hs brother Teddy. :mad: He was a coward because he let that poor woman die. He made no attempt to save her, when saving her was totally possible. I don't think even liberals should have liked Teddy. His career should have ended after that accident. How did ever manage to gain enough prestige to challenge Carter for the 1980 nomination?
most likely because what you said was not true

If they thought he could win, either side would take him. They only care about winning. They don't care about who's president. They only care about adding another mark on their bed post

Would todays Democrats accept JFK into their party?

No. He might have leaned left, but at least he was a patriot. Can't say that about most lefties today. They are anti-American, just like the President.

barackbook.jpg

Werbung:

Figures

Kennedy was not an ardent tax cutter. He cut taxes and the way he did it, the economy got better. He did what worked in the economy. Republicans have been cutting taxes for the rich for decades, back to Nixon. It has harmed the economy. there's no comparison with Kennedy and the voodoo failed economics of the republican party. He never had to increase the social welfare. It was serving its purpose. It was helping the poor get to middle class and have an increase in taxes paid.

Too bad the Blaze is a right wing rag you like. they don't know the history of their own party, let alone what Kennedy did. BTW, republicans have been STRIPPING the social programs Christ would have approved of in order to give more to corporate welfare system christ would NOT have approve d of.

Back